XIM Community

Totally using OB for an essay  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
Totally using OB for an essay
« on: 10:45 AM - 01/14/11 »
I've got an essay that's gotta be about "inventors" and such, and kinda considering using OB for this essay. Thoughts?

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
Re: Totally using OB for an essay
« Reply #1 on: 10:49 AM - 01/14/11 »
Better check with Ob first really :)

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
« Reply #2 on: 11:48 AM - 01/14/11 »
"a day in the life of a genius"...

I like that title...
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline klaxxious

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:50 AM - 01/14/11 »
Well as long as the man says ya.  I think it'd be quite amazing.  Perhaps if he agrees you should post it on the board for all of us to read :)

Offline megadaffy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: megadaffy
« Reply #4 on: 12:04 PM - 01/14/11 »
I think it's a very good one truthfully. But as others said, only if he agrees to it. I would also add in the fact that it likely means you would need to interview him for quotes. But the fact that he qualifies for what you are writing about, and you have a decent chance of interviewing him, makes him an ideal candidate for your paper.
"Yo, [email protected]#$%... Let's Go" - Army of Darkness

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:57 PM - 01/14/11 »
Well the way I see it is there's a few stipulations.
1.) I would need to know his name. I don't think my english teacher will approve of an essay featuring a man known only as "OBsIV"
2.) We're sort of researching the process of inventing, so I guess I'd have to ask some general design philosophies.
3.) Whether or not making XIM3 would be considered "inventing". Although I will say that he seems to have a rather loose definition.
4.) If OB approves, of course, and wouldn't object to an interview of sorts.

Offline divisionbell77

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:06 PM - 01/14/11 »
Apparently you are young.  If you want a good grade, I would consider doing your paper on something a little more substantial than a video game peripheral.

Maybe something that has actually contributed to society, like the cotton gin, the wheel, the combustible engine, the assembly line, etc etc etc.

Offline Humble

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:37 PM - 01/14/11 »
Apparently you are young.  If you want a good grade, I would consider doing your paper on something a little more substantial than a video game peripheral.

Maybe something that has actually contributed to society, like the cotton gin, the wheel, the combustible engine, the assembly line, etc etc etc.

Forget the grade.  At least this way you'll enjoy your assignment.

Offline oewbatman

• Join my Ignore List!
    • View Profile
    • ^OEW^ PC Gaming Clan
  • Gamertag: H W Batman
« Reply #8 on: 03:43 PM - 01/14/11 »

Spoken like a true gamer.   ;D
Asked a guy to stop cussing, was told by another I'm judgmental and condescending - Must be an alternate universe thing

Join us for friendly PC BFBC2/COD-BO/CODWaW gaming - Public TeamSpeak server
^OEW^ Gaming Clan
http://oewteam.com

Offline flyphil76

• lol cakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:54 PM - 01/14/11 »

If it was your essay you might think differently.  But yes, OB would be more fun.
Sent from my iDevice.

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:53 PM - 01/14/11 »
I agree, if you value your future more than online gaming I would use something else...  Besides, you already got your brownie points by making this thread.
PC: R7 5800X / 3080 FTW3 / 16GB 3200
Monitor: MSI Optix 32 Curved 1440p 144hz
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Massicor

« Reply #11 on: 05:05 PM - 01/14/11 »
I think u should do it :P no1 else in you class will have him down and also you got all the info you need on these forums ...

Offline unimaginative

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: unimaginat1ve
« Reply #12 on: 05:36 PM - 01/14/11 »
I think that if you believe there is enough to write on him and he doesnt mind you should totally do your essay on obsiv, because I think that most teachers dont really mind about the content as much as the fact you did the work and learnt about what you did your work on.

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:33 PM - 01/16/11 »
Well this is a college essay, meaning that most of the professors have seen millions of papers on Einstein or Steve Jobs or any other particularly famous person, and he's said that Tolkien is an inventor, so it's clearly a rather loose definition.
I just don't know if OB would agree to more or less give some interviewy type answers.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:16 PM - 03/20/19 »
his privacy is pretty important to him so im not sure if he would share the required infos to meet the essays requirements
maybe you can get the permission to focus in the invention itself or the process of it?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central