XIM Community

Higher polling Rate on mouse than xim  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bb4life1990
Re: Higher polling Rate on mouse than xim
« Reply #30 on: 03:32 PM - 08/25/19 »
Titan Two doesn't affect mouse behaviour (unless the mouse is plugged direct into T2). At the point T2 receives input from XIM Apex, it's already in controller coordinates from Smart Translation.

DPI does affect Aim Assist strength, but AA is more noticeable using analog controls instead of WASD.

The nutshell version is if you want more AA, go with lower DPI (1600 to 4000 DPI). If you want less AA, go with higher DPI (12-16K). The same applies to polling rate - 125 or 250Hz for more AA, 500 or 1000Hz for less.

We recommend 3200-4000 DPI because you may hit the XIM sensitivity cap of 500 at lower DPI settings if using Sync @ Off and 1000Hz Response Rate. When Sync was added, it allowed DPI values of less than 3200 to be viable.

Ahh ok thanks for clarification idk i play only fortnite with very strong aim assist ive done aim courses played insane amound of games an notice not one small change in aim assist with 800 dpi or 16000dpi only thing i notice that effects aim assist is sync and hertz. The dpi thing an effecting aim assist to me makes no sense as its just sensitivity which i guess makes sense cause sensitivity does effect aim assist but if you are using 800 dpi sensitivity 20 an change to 16000 dpi sensitivity 1...there to me is no change in aim assist at all so idk how people believe this to be true i just must be the only one who doesn’t experience the aim assist change when testing it numerous times

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #31 on: 03:49 PM - 08/25/19 »
Fortnite's AA is different from most games. That's likely why you're not noticing any difference from 800 to 16000 DPI.

From memory (it's been awhile since I tested this) Fortnite's AA is more like aim lock-on during ADS. Other games have more of a magnetic AA slowdown effect when moving the reticle over the hitbox rather than just simply ADS'ing near an opponent.

To test this, I used a couple of different Titan Two mods. ADS spamming works (or did work) well in Fortnite to create very sticky AA. Other mods like circling or shaking the reticle to latch onto AA have no effect in Fortnite, whereas this type of AA mod works in many other games.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04:04 PM - 08/25/19 »
Fortnite's AA is different from most games. That's likely why you're not noticing any difference from 800 to 16000 DPI.

From memory (it's been awhile since I tested this) Fortnite's AA is more like aim lock-on during ADS. Other games have more of a magnetic AA slowdown effect when moving the reticle over the hitbox rather than just simply ADS'ing near an opponent.

To test this, I used a couple of different Titan Two mods. ADS spamming works (or did work) well in Fortnite to create very sticky AA. Other mods like circling or shaking the reticle to latch onto AA have no effect in Fortnite, whereas this type of AA mod works in many other games.

Ya i tested also in fortnite an i made sure to test without the spam ads an idk the slowdown just wasnt effected with dpi cause idk how dpi could effect it when dpi all it is is sensitivity if my mouse does the exact same 360 turn it does with 800dpi with 20 sense an then 16000dpi an sense 1 an they do same 360 the aim assist should be exactly the same...idk how dpi magically can cut through aim assist when its high if the sensitivity is exactly the same when i was on 800 dpi cause i adjusted sensitivity accordingly so i guess its just something ill never understand cause i agree dpi would have a change in aim assist if i upped dpi but didnt change my sensitivity ya its gonna move faster thus cut through aim assist more but if i up my dpi insanely then lower my sense accordingly crazy then it should be identical aim assist strength idk i guess its something ill never notice ive tested many times in game an also in aim courses with still targets an moving

Idk to me the only thing that effect aim slowdown(aim assist) is hertz and sync no matter what dpi never changes aim assist when i change the sensitivity everytime to match my old settings using the dpi calculator

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #33 on: 04:14 PM - 08/25/19 »
Try a different game - FN's AA is different from almost every other game where ADS spam is completely ineffective and slowdown near the hitbox is far more prominent.

I played Destiny for years at 12K DPI and I had no idea what RML was banging on about with his sticky AA issues. It's only when I dropped my DPI down to 3200 that the penny dropped.

Swapping to analog controls makes AA even more prominent, which makes sense as controllers have two sticks and both are involved in aim.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04:21 PM - 08/25/19 »
Try a different game - FN's AA is different from almost every other game where ADS spam is completely ineffective and slowdown near the hitbox is far more prominent.

I played Destiny for years at 12K DPI and I had no idea what RML was banging on about with his sticky AA issues. It's only when I dropped my DPI down to 3200 that the penny dropped.

Swapping to analog controls makes AA even more prominent, which makes sense as controllers have two sticks and both are involved in aim.

Ya thats a possibility it could just be fortnite...the concept to me still is weird dpi shouldnt effect aim assist in any game (not saying it doesnt) but all it is is a sensitivity multiplier to me but i dont play any game besides fortnite anyways

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:29 PM - 08/25/19 »

so wait is it possible we can use 800dpi or will that effect performance???

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #36 on: 07:38 PM - 08/25/19 »
I honestly don't know why gamers are fixated on 800 DPI, other than that seems to be the Windows default for cursor speed.

I recommend watching RocketJumpNinja's great sensor debate series on YouTube. It demonstrates that 1600 DPI offers better tracking than 800 DPI. 3200 DPI again is an improvement over 1600, but the difference is marginal.

Beyond that, mouse tracking has diminishing returns and offers no real performance benefit on PC. But on XIM, higher DPI can be an effective counter to AA, which is why many of us use high DPI is AA-heavy games like Call of Duty and Destiny.

We can use 800 DPI on XIM Apex, but it introduces the risk of pixel-skipping. 800 DPI is viable at Sync Common and Slow, but Default may be pushing it in terms of the XIM sens cap.

If you want to use 800 DPI with Sync Off, use a Ballistics Curve as a sensitivity multiplier. Just move the end of the curve along the top axis.

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07:46 PM - 08/25/19 »
I honestly don't know why gamers are fixated on 800 DPI, other than that seems to be the Windows default for cursor speed.

I recommend watching RocketJumpNinja's great sensor debate series on YouTube. It demonstrates that 1600 DPI offers better tracking than 800 DPI. 3200 DPI again is an improvement over 1600, but the difference is marginal.

Beyond that, mouse tracking has diminishing returns and offers no real performance benefit on PC. But on XIM, higher DPI can be an effective counter to AA, which is why many of us use high DPI is AA-heavy games like Call of Duty and Destiny.

We can use 800 DPI on XIM Apex, but it introduces the risk of pixel-skipping. 800 DPI is viable at Sync Common and Slow, but Default may be pushing it in terms of the XIM sens cap.

If you want to use 800 DPI with Sync Off, use a Ballistics Curve as a sensitivity multiplier. Just move the end of the curve along the top axis.

Ya ive seen many debates even seen some of mjfames posts idk why anyone would wanna use reall high dpi if im correct makes it impossible to draw a straight line....and the aim assist thing an dpi to me dont matter they dont effect me that way in fortnite to me dpi is literally just another word for sensitivity which is why i think it does nothing for aim assist for me in fortnite same exact aim assist strength with 800dpi an 16000 an the pixel skipping i think i know what u mean like example cant use off shnc which i dont an even default its fine but ya off sync it cant be done on 800dpi but when it was an wxample of high dpi u cant draw a straight line it may have been with native pc an not the xim but ya many debates all u can do is decide who you want to go with mjfame i wanted to say did many tests also an always went 800 dpi....i just kept hearing from community u cant run 800dpi cause ull have issues with performance but was never given enough detail to why so figured id ask u id assume they just go with it cause itll effect off sync but i think biggest thing is alot of people spread the same info without testing it themself then people think 800dpi isnt possible when in reality i think it is just wont work with off sync...alot of contradicting info from people on the forums so glad you chimed  in. Going to try 3200 dpi since most people say thats what need to run an see if i notice anything different from 800dpi

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09:10 PM - 08/25/19 »
Fortnite is where I did my most recent testing. High dpi cuts through better, and can manuever better while inside aim bubble. If you can't feel or see the difference between low and high dpi then I don't know what to tell you lol. If they're both the same for you I guess you're a wizard.

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09:16 PM - 08/25/19 »
Fortnite is where I did my most recent testing. High dpi cuts through better, and can manuever better while inside aim bubble. If you can't feel or see the difference between low and high dpi then I don't know what to tell you lol. If they're both the same for you I guess you're a wizard.

Ya idk either he says titan shouldn effect it im using xim apex,xim link,and titan 2....at the end of day dpi is sensitivity so i dont see how upping dpi but then lowering ur sense all the way down with calculator magically makes it now go through aim assist easier...on ur high dpi then lower dpi is ur 360cm the exact same? If it is makes no sense how ur having easier aim assist cut through when virtually ur using the same exact sense...if i just up my sensitivity alone ya it cuts through aim assist more just like if i lower sense it gets slowed down more....but to up ur dpi then lower ur sense a bunch to compensate to me makes no sense how its effecting aim assist strength im gonna play with it more an i have a way im gonna test it im gonna have my son hop in game with me an im going to stand by him lock on his head an with each dpi an sense change slowly drag it down the body an see how far it gets idk if thats a correct way to test but we shall see

Trying to think of a full proof way to test that isnt a placebo effect
« Last Edit: 09:46 PM - 08/25/19 by Bb4life1991 »

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09:57 PM - 08/25/19 »

Ya idk either he says titan shouldn effect it im using xim apex,xim link,and titan 2....at the end of day dpi is sensitivity so i dont see how upping dpi but then lowering ur sense all the way down with calculator magically makes it now go through aim assist easier...on ur high dpi then lower dpi is ur 360cm the exact same? If it is makes no sense how ur having easier aim assist cut through when virtually ur using the same exact sense...if i just up my sensitivity alone ya it cuts through aim assist more just like if i lower sense it gets slowed down more....but to up ur dpi then lower ur sense a bunch to compensate to me makes no sense how its effecting aim assist strength im gonna play with it more an i have a way im gonna test it im gonna have my son hop in game with me an im going to stand by him lock on his head an with each dpi an sense change slowly drag it down the body an see how far it gets idk if thats a correct way to test but we shall see
Sync and polling also make a difference with the same sensitivity though. The sensitivity doesn't have to be different for something to make a difference on aim assist. If you can't notice a difference then I wouldn't worry about it. If it's not affecting your gameplay then I wouldn't stress it.

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10:20 PM - 08/25/19 »

Sync and polling also make a difference with the same sensitivity though. The sensitivity doesn't have to be different for something to make a difference on aim assist. If you can't notice a difference then I wouldn't worry about it. If it's not affecting your gameplay then I wouldn't stress it.

No i agree sync an hertz effect it i said that before but sensitivity literally is basically dpi so when u change one but change the other to match ur not really changing anything hense why my aim assist doesnt change when all i do is change dpi cause i then counter it with changing my sensitivity  to make it exactly the same way it just was sync an hertz diff ball game to me those yes change the aim assist with tests ive done just no aim assist change for me with dpi when i change my sensitivity  to match it...i noticed smoothing adds aim assist to
« Last Edit: 10:31 PM - 08/25/19 by Bb4life1991 »

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10:37 PM - 08/25/19 »
I notice a difference the same way I do with sync or polling. I don't know how, or why you can not. If you don't think DPI has any effect other than sensitivity try 400 DPI with sync off and then try 12000 DPI with sync off. That's as obvious as it gets that there's a difference between DPI on the xim. Now if you play well with low dpi and don't notice any difference using whatever sync and settings you use, then I really wouldn't stress it. You can use whatever you want.

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10:45 PM - 08/25/19 »
I notice a difference the same way I do with sync or polling. I don't know how, or why you can not. If you don't think DPI has any effect other than sensitivity try 400 DPI with sync off and then try 12000 DPI with sync off. That's as obvious as it gets that there's a difference between DPI on the xim. Now if you play well with low dpi and don't notice any difference using whatever sync and settings you use, then I really wouldn't stress it. You can use whatever you want.

Not possible on off sync will cause jitter but i could do say 3200 off sync and 24000 dpi an sure it would feel the same being id have 2 different sensitivity for each one to make them match doing the same 360cm....but none the less about to test it out here shortly...cant run low dpi with off sync due to would beed a super high sense in xim app which when u have high sense on off sync causes stutter/jitter...

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11:14 PM - 08/25/19 »

Not possible on off sync will cause jitter but i could do say 3200 off sync and 24000 dpi an sure it would feel the same being id have 2 different sensitivity for each one to make them match doing the same 360cm....but none the less about to test it out here shortly...cant run low dpi with off sync due to would beed a super high sense in xim app which when u have high sense on off sync causes stutter/jitter...
It's not just jitter, it's pixel skipping. Higher DPI on xim translates to finer mouse movements. Obsiv (dev) has stated this before and he himself recommends 12k DPI (or highest you can get)