XIM Community

DPI and Sync Testing, A do-over, because Iím Anal!  (Read 3799 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Re: DPI and Sync Testing, A do-over, because Iím Anal!
« Reply #15 on: 07:02 AM - 08/28/19 »
Aim Assist is 100% like my marriage.. it only happens on the internet..

Actually I have a serious question, and you seem like a grizzled veteran esp in regard to DPI..

When I use someones settings and they're at 12000 dpi, I use the CS:GO dpi calculator that's recommended on here as my mouse maxes out at 4000 DPI. Often the resultant setting is much too sensitive, and it's not down to my personal preference, it seems that sometimes the sensitivity just doesn't scale - is this something you've seen happen?

Calculator is not exact but itís close enough. The person youíre copying may simply like playing with a higher sensitivity then you do.

Offline year0

• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
« Reply #16 on: 10:13 PM - 08/28/19 »

Calculator is not exact but itís close enough. The person youíre copying may simply like playing with a higher sensitivity then you do.
I wondered that, but it's REALLY jittery.. I think I'll maybe upgrade from my g402s to something 12k, that's what alot of people seem to use.
Do you have a personal preference? Ive started thinking the shape of the mouse is more important than anything (I'm new to mice).
I do have some really top-end mousepads tho (a gift from a friends kid who plays counterstrike)
PS4, Navi, G502 hero

Offline Tetsurobash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Apollo-ZuEs-LeTo
« Reply #17 on: 01:45 AM - 08/29/19 »
Aim Assist is 100% like my marriage.. it only happens on the internet..

Actually I have a serious question, and you seem like a grizzled veteran esp in regard to DPI..

When I use someones settings and they're at 12000 dpi, I use the CS:GO dpi calculator that's recommended on here as my mouse maxes out at 4000 DPI. Often the resultant setting is much too sensitive, and it's not down to my personal preference, it seems that sometimes the sensitivity just doesn't scale - is this something you've seen happen?

I have.... higher dpi can give you an acceleration feeling in the slow-mid mouse speeds movements that lower dpi doesn't have. Im not sure if that's what you feel too.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:44 AM - 08/29/19 »

I wondered that, but it's REALLY jittery.. I think I'll maybe upgrade from my g402s to something 12k, that's what alot of people seem to use.
Do you have a personal preference? Ive started thinking the shape of the mouse is more important than anything (I'm new to mice).
I do have some really top-end mousepads tho (a gift from a friends kid who plays counterstrike)

I would agree that the shape and comfort of a mouse is the most important thing. DPI is more of a fine tuning thing that a lot of folks wouldnít worry about. I like pretty much MAX responsiveness, so 12,000 feels great to me and also cuts through AA a little better. However, I used 4,000 dpi for a few years prior to making the switch. When I first tried 12,000 it felt jittery due to the increased responsiveness. It took me about a week to get used to the transition. Now that Iím used to it lower dpi settings still feel smooth, but sluggish and donít handle AA like I prefer.

I have.... higher dpi can give you an acceleration feeling in the slow-mid mouse speeds movements that lower dpi doesn't have. Im not sure if that's what you feel too.

The question is, do you play games with Aim Assist active or not? If you play with Aim Assist then the minot acceleration you may feel with some mice at higher dpi settings is a non issue and may even potentially help you over come the drastic slowdown you feel when Aim Assist kicks in. 

Offline grothauu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02:05 PM - 09/01/19 »
Fortnite BR Xbox: 12000 sync off works great for me. Before I used 4000 default.

Offline MrParadox

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:33 PM - 09/01/19 »
I love these debates! I'm constantly wondering if I've got my optimal settings right.
I know this post is focused on Xim Apex but I've still got a Xim 4 (as I'm old and not cool anymore lol!) and wondered whether these types of settings, e.g. 12000dpi or 1800 dpi, is relevant to Xim4 as well? I want that same manoeuvrability within the hit box target that you are mentioning.
I currently have 3200 dpi with 500hz with logitech g203 but chop and change my sensitivity particularly for different loadouts. I play COD only on PS4.
Appreciate any advice please

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #21 on: 04:38 PM - 09/01/19 »
On XIM4, install one of the Steady Aim experimental firmware builds. Theyíre designed for CoD. SA3 and SA6 are the most popular.

Download them from the XIM4 > Downloads > Beta > Steady Aim firmware thread.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline MrParadox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04:17 PM - 09/02/19 »
Ok Thanks I'll try one of those. What about dpi though? should I go with 12000 for extra manoeuvrability or with COD stick with lower dpi?

Offline Tetsurobash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Apollo-ZuEs-LeTo
« Reply #23 on: 05:41 PM - 09/02/19 »

I would agree that the shape and comfort of a mouse is the most important thing. DPI is more of a fine tuning thing that a lot of folks wouldnít worry about. I like pretty much MAX responsiveness, so 12,000 feels great to me and also cuts through AA a little better. However, I used 4,000 dpi for a few years prior to making the switch. When I first tried 12,000 it felt jittery due to the increased responsiveness. It took me about a week to get used to the transition. Now that Iím used to it lower dpi settings still feel smooth, but sluggish and donít handle AA like I prefer.

The question is, do you play games with Aim Assist active or not? If you play with Aim Assist then the minot acceleration you may feel with some mice at higher dpi settings is a non issue and may even potentially help you over come the drastic slowdown you feel when Aim Assist kicks in.

Itís not super noticeable... high dpi with off sync feels like they work best together.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #24 on: 03:38 AM - 09/07/19 »
On XIM4, install one of the Steady Aim experimental firmware builds. Theyíre designed for CoD. SA3 and SA6 are the most popular.

Download them from the XIM4 > Downloads > Beta > Steady Aim firmware thread.

Good times! Feeling nostalgic about those firmware versions. Ha sad!

Offline Gherkin5

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09:29 AM - 09/08/19 »
For PUBG on 1800 DPI would I just raise the sensitivity per page?

Iím using the below settings with 12000 dpi
HIP 64
ADS 36 - 1.25 x/y ratio - Smoothing 4
OTS 36 - 1.25 x/y ratio - Smoothing 4

I tested 1800 and I can tell I need to do something to speed things up, just not sure if there is a formula.

HIP 426.66?

Offline hyperliite

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10:40 AM - 09/08/19 »

HIP 64

I tested 1800 and I can tell I need to do something to speed things up, just not sure if there is a formula.

HIP 426.66?

What sync?

Offline Dirty Ces

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:38 AM - 09/08/19 »
I'm going to make this short.I started with the XIM3 and my mouse at the time was either an 1800 or 2000 dpi. Felt good but as I got other higher dpi mice I found that it felt better with the higher DPI, Then was the xim edge,XIM4, and now XIM Apex. Then I purchased the g502 and used 12k. I feel the higher DPI for me was the best. I even went down to 4k DPI and used it for about 2 weeks just to test it out and give it a fair shot but it wasn't the same. I feel for ME that 12k feels so much better.
Another thing I have a g502 that polls consistently at 1000hz. That's rare. So on my ST settings I never experience any jitter or stutter on my micro movements and never need to use smoothing. I feel that some people that try 12k at 1000hz and sync on off may experience the jitter or stutter because the mouse they are using really doesn't poll at a 1000hz or using a soft mouse pad thats old and dirty(for my experience also hard feels better and tracks better on a high dpi)  so they say it feels bad. Botton line for me I prefer 12k dpi. I could've kept going but I said I'll keep it short, lol   

Offline Gherkin5

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02:53 PM - 09/08/19 »

HIP 64

HIP 426.66?

What sync?

Sync off

Offline year0

• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
« Reply #29 on: 04:06 PM - 09/08/19 »
I accidentally used my apex legends config when in pubg & there was alot less jitter..
PS4, Navi, G502 hero