XIM Community

[Q/A] xim apex for apex legends sensitivity constantly changing  (Read 52 times)

Offline drewthe3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: tsunami42
Ok, so i bought an xim apex for my xbox one to play apex legends with my friends and set it up and worked great for a month, now the sensitivity is constantly changing. somethings it may be a few days and sometimes it happens mid match. also it doesnt stay consistant. I have:

Xbox one S
logitech G703 lightspeed it says 100-16,000 dpi , but only goes up to 3200 in the logitech manager. so i set it to 3200.
and a cloth 15" mouse pad

i set my sensitivity in game to 8 and the ADS to "same"

i have the xim manager app downloaded on my phone. one day my sensitivity will be perfect at hip: 20 ADS:16
then the sensitivity will randomly change and i have to set the hip:300+ and ADS:300 +

now i dont know much about this tech stuff so if you could walk me though what is going on or if i need something else. but i just dont understand. I play PC fps alot but all my friends on apex plays on xbox. I have been a fps gamer for 20+ years. I play on the PC on battlefield, call of duty and CSGO and always set me mouse speed to HIP 360 degrees = 14" and my ADS to 180 degrees = 8" and it works great. i am a top competitor.

but if i try to set the xim sensitivity to the same thing it doesnt work. The first pass it will be right but if i test it again it will be different... i noticed if i move the mouse  at a moderate speed 14" then it will go 360 degreees, BUT if i move the mouse fast 14" it will go almost 540 degrees... what am i doing wrong?  because i cant get muscle memory with it constantly changing.

« Last Edit: 04:45 PM - 08/22/19 by mist4fun »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: xim apex for apex legends sensitivity constantly changing
« Reply #1 on: 03:54 PM - 08/22/19 »
Welcome to the forums.

XIM doesn't change device sensitivity randomly, so there'll be some other factor at play. Do you have DPI up, down or cycle buttons set on the mouse? The difference between 30-ish XIM sens and 300 XIM sens sounds like DPI is dropping dramatically, which would be explained by a mouse DPI binding. Changing Synchronise settings will also affect XIM sensitivity.

Secondly, XIM is a controller emulator and console input is velocity-based, not distance. That's why you get variance in turning over the same distance, depending on the speed of the mouse. Be wary of trying to move too fast for flick shots as the turn speed cap will be hit (XIM will flash red) and movement beyond that will be ignored.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #2 on: 04:07 PM - 08/22/19 »
You also get no Aim Assist at 8 just FYI. Set it to 7 IF u want some.

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #3 on: 04:19 PM - 08/22/19 »
Apex legends always seems to need sens adjustments. Servers are anything other then consistent