XIM Community

XIM Apex won't bind shift or ctl on app.  (Read 352 times)

Offline Orange4v

• View Profile
XIM Apex won't bind shift or ctl on app.
« on: 02:23 PM - 08/22/19 »
Hello! When I first used the Xim, it would bind any key no problem. Now, It won't. I've been using the same keyboard, mouse and controller since I first used it. Tried a different keyboard with no luck and it would just give me a error on the app.

I've looked for the answer for this and all I could find was swapping out controller USB cables and force updated the app. No luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: XIM Apex won't bind shift or ctl on app.
« Reply #1 on: 04:00 PM - 08/22/19 »
Which keyboard are you using?

Ctrl and Shift are both modifier keys. On some keyboards, the keyboard itself may be waiting for additional input, e.g Ctrl+V, rather than passing the Ctrl or Shift input through to XIM. It's rare, but you may not be able to bind modifier keys in XIM as a result.

Also, make sure to update to the latest XIM Apex beta firmware at https://xim.tech/beta.

The latest XIM Manager app should be available on the Apple app store.

I'm not sure if Google Play has the latest release for Android, but there should be a link in the beta thread if that's not the case.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Orange4v

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:07 PM - 08/22/19 »
I got the firmware updated and still doesn't work

I'm using a Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
« Last Edit: 07:36 PM - 08/22/19 by Orange4v »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 09:36 PM - 08/22/19 »
Are you using a gaming profile in Logitech Gaming Software that disables or remaps some of the keys? Check that gaming mode also isn't enabled on the kb (it should be one of the buttons at the top).

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Orange4v

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:51 PM - 08/23/19 »
I checked the gaming profile on my keyboard setup and ctl and shift were not disabled. I made a new profile/mode for the keyboard and still, the ctl and shift are not working. I tried a spare keyboard and it's the same issue. Do I just have a faulty Xim?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 09:51 PM - 08/23/19 »
Something like this wouldn't be because there is something wrong with your XIM. I can't explain why it would just stop working for only some keys, but, what version of firmware are you running?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Orange4v

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:28 AM - 08/30/19 »
Something like this wouldn't be because there is something wrong with your XIM. I can't explain why it would just stop working for only some keys, but, what version of firmware are you running?

Hi, I have updated both. The firmware by plugging in my Xim to my pc, used the flash tool to update the Xim itself and updated the app on the phone. Antithesis was kind enough to provide a link ( a few post above). My phone manager version is 20180528 and firmware version is 20190819.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 10:32 AM - 08/30/19 »
Is it not binding both shift keys? Can you bind alt?

Offline Orange4v

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:14 PM - 08/31/19 »
Is it not binding both shift keys? Can you bind alt?

It will not bind both shift keys or both alt keys.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 04:27 PM - 08/31/19 »
The only thing I can think of is to use Logitech Gaming Software to see if you can reset the bindings for those keys.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 05:23 PM - 08/31/19 »
The only thing I can think of is to use Logitech Gaming Software to see if you can reset the bindings for those keys.
Agreed. It's only the modifier keys that are affected here, which implies that something's not right in LGS land or the profile stored on-board the kb.

I recall having trouble with some keys on a Logitech kb and it was due to activating a gaming mode or profile in LGS.

Offline Orange4v

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:23 PM - 08/31/19 »
I've tried another keyboard, same issue. Same keys.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #12 on: 11:18 PM - 08/31/19 »
XIM APEX has no issues with modifier keys. Perhaps try deleting your game config, or try another game config.

The other possibility is your mouse, or another device, is preventing the kb from binding correctly. I had a Stinky Board that refused to bind modifier keys. It would also prevent other devices from binding if Stinky Board was connected.

Try unplugging the mouse and controller, leaving just the kb attached to XIM APEX's USB hub. Then try to setup bindings on the modifier keys. Plug the other devices back in, if successful.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #13 on: 09:22 AM - 09/01/19 »
That's a great suggestion antithesis -- what happens when there mouse isn't plugged in.

Offline Orange4v

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:59 PM - 09/05/19 »
XIM APEX has no issues with modifier keys. Perhaps try deleting your game config, or try another game config.

The other possibility is your mouse, or another device, is preventing the kb from binding correctly. I had a Stinky Board that refused to bind modifier keys. It would also prevent other devices from binding if Stinky Board was connected.

Try unplugging the mouse and controller, leaving just the kb attached to XIM APEX's USB hub. Then try to setup bindings on the modifier keys. Plug the other devices back in, if successful.

The XIM will not let me bind anything unless all 3 are connected. I've restarted and made new profiles and such for EVERYTHING. The shift and and ctrl use to work on my logitech like I have stated. Sounds to me like a XIM device error.