XIM Community

Help me plz to find my prefect mouse  (Read 308 times)

Offline Jgjb

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NEGAN_IRAQ
Help me plz to find my prefect mouse
« on: 02:19 PM - 08/22/19 »
Hey every1
I have 18/9 hand size and i locking for a new mouse and thies things i prefer
1- less than 100$
2-Weight: less than 100 gram
3.Grip: i play with plam and claw
4 : play fortnite and r6s

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Help me plz to find my prefect mouse
« Reply #1 on: 04:12 PM - 08/22/19 »
https://rocketjumpninja.com. Go to the Top 40 mice and choose your poison.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Edawsiwel

• Teacher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:57 AM - 08/23/19 »
https://rocketjumpninja.com. Go to the Top 40 mice and choose your poison.
Order the top 10 you might like with your credit card from Amazon, try them all, pick the best, and return the rest.
TEACHER

It’s a poor craftsman who blames his tools

A lion will never tell you he is a lion

It takes all sorts to make a world

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:02 PM - 08/23/19 »
Ventus R, change the cable and you are good to go.

New entries?, Glorious Model O -.

If you want more unbias and wiser opinion, dig on OC.net. RDJ is a sell-out.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 03:17 PM - 08/23/19 »
I know RDJ, the guy is no sellout. Just because his channel has grown and is seeing some success does not mean his testing methodology has changed, nor his bias. He addresses accusations of being a sellout in one of his videos.

His integrity has little to nothing to do with the Top 40 list, it's simply a quick reference guide to mice that are well-regarded and that'll work with XIM APEX.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:43 PM - 08/23/19 »
Is great that his channel has grown, he deserved worked hard for it, good for him and thanks to mindset ideas that had been preaching for years by a more well known community has broader diffusion. His self-improvement series is golden.

But he only reviews mice and devices that are only sent like loan or free for a particular brand. What means that is doing publicity, yes with some feedback yet publicity.

"You have to put your money where your mouth is" - tried translate a mexican phrase.

He is reluctant, to put his money to buy from brands that might not sent him things for free, but if that particular company might have a good idea, or bad that needs to be addressed, putting in action his intentions" guide the developers to improve things for the community" he tends to preach.

That's OK is not on his strategy, is business I get it, or maybe this other companies had him lock to get other stuff from other companies, he has his reasons, but of not investing his own money... is a very convenient risk free that I can't trust. Example: Zeos Pantera (Z Reviews), that guy reviews expensive headphones and audio devices, yes he receive stuff from makers (due his well known and respected opinion), others are rental or loans from his subscribers, and he buy some too putting his money on the line, then sell it to his supporters which allows him to cover big ground and really help the community, that is expensive stuff... I can trust on him, to be unbiased and well informed and helping the community.

RDJ can improve like diversify, I sent him a message invite him to review XIM, is in all sense a input device and very related to mice, why not? same Azeron great idea that will make it grow. Is your countryman right? of if your know him invite him, why not.

So, I will say for OP if you want to do a well inform decision, go to the source OC.net, not reddit mouse, no youtubers. On OC there are a lot of experts freakish OCD guys that analyses the minimum details, even the most respected mice designers and engineers participate on that forum like C. Pate Product Manager of Logitech.
« Last Edit: 04:02 PM - 08/23/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 04:00 PM - 08/23/19 »
He's a PC guy and only reviews PC peripherals, he's simply sticking to what he knows.

Zy doesn't accept money to promote products, so accusations of being a sellout are little short of slanderous. I would suggest he's showing more integrity than his accusers by sticking to his opinion rather than following the herd.

He does have an affiliate partnership with Mwave and he does use Amazon affiliate links on his site, but how else is he supposed to monetise his content? It's his livelihood, of course he should make money from his videos.

It's also absolutely fair that he only review products he has been sent - it is unreasonable to expect him to purchase every mouse on the market simply to avoid any hint of bias (his videos demonstrate that he isn't biased). Money doesn't grow on trees and he's not making a fortune from YouTube.

Nor should he care about or get involved with behind the scenes BS for companies with questionable reputations and/or poor marketing, like Finalmouse. None of that affects the product he's reviewing, which is the only thing he cares about.

I've offered to send him some of the exotic mice I own for review, but he declined. That's his choice and it's a fair call because the content is less relevant to his audience than the latest mice.

In any case, none of that matters. The Top 40 is a solid showcase of current mice that work well with XIM APEX. Whether you agree with his rankings and reviews is irrelevant.

Few of us actually care enough about mouse specifications to bother with oc.net - why waste hours reading conflicting opinions when a 10 minute video review will suffice? Mouse size...check. Hand size...check. Grip...check. Build quality...check.
« Last Edit: 04:10 PM - 08/23/19 by antithesis »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:20 PM - 08/23/19 »
He's a PC guy and only reviews PC peripherals, he's simply sticking to what he knows.
That's OK but isn't XIM a opportunity for PC players to play on console with a device they prefer, device which he is an expert? - just saying not asking him to move to consoles. JackFrags, Bitwit did it.

Zy doesn't accept money to promote products, so accusations of being a sellout are little short of slanderous. I would suggest he's showing more integrity than his accusers by sticking to his opinion rather than following the herd.
But hi is doing it, one way or other. I'm not an accuser, not slandering on his comments... I will be patreon if he open an option, and when I buy something he reviews form amazon I use affiliate links of him, to support him, gladly.

But, if he only reviews certain brands and only that (promoting maybe unintentional) and no received other brands or being reluctant...

It's also absolutely fair that he only review products he has been sent - it is unreasonable to expect him to purchase every mouse on the market, money doesn't grow on trees.
C'mon you are exaggerating he doesn't need to buy every mouse in the market, he can acquire the ones the community ask them to check that out, or one that is interesting.

Z Reviews, review stuff WAY expensive than mice and is doing it, successfully.

But like I said, is his strategy it's OK, but: "I review only what certain brands sent me, never put my money on the line..." he might be a guy with good intentions, but he is wearing a sell-out uniform.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 04:29 PM - 08/23/19 »
"Put your money where your mouth is" is a weak argument for challenging someone's integrity.

If a product is good enough and the manufacturer wants it reviewed by a well-respected and knowledgeable guy with a YouTube channel that has some clout, it's up to them to provide the product to him.

We don't have the same product range in Oz that is available in the USA or EU. If it's not readily available here, there's little motivation to spend time and money to get ahold of one. I'm certain he has a backlog of products awaiting review, so why spend money when you don't need to? That's simple economics.

He is pushing Finalmouse at the moment, but that's only because Mwave has imported a batch of them for retail in Australia (https://www.mwave.com.au/product/finalmouse-ultralight-2-cape-town-gaming-mouse-ac26178), which is the first time any Finalmouse products have been available here.

He's not doing it because Finalmouse pays him to promote their product (they don't), he's doing it because he likes their mice and Mwave have them. The size and shape of the UL2 matches my preferences too, it's just a pity the shell colour is so butt-ugly.
« Last Edit: 04:36 PM - 08/23/19 by antithesis »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:41 PM - 08/23/19 »
"Put your money where your mouth is" is a weak argument for challenging someone's integrity.

If a product is good enough and the manufacturer wants it reviewed by a well-respected and knowledgeable guy with a YouTube channel that has some clout, it's up to them to provide the product to him.

We don't have the same product range in Oz that is available in the USA or EU. If it's not readily available here, there's little motivation to spend time and money to get ahold of one. I'm certain he has a backlog of products awaiting review, so why spend money when you don't need to? That's simple economics.

He is pushing Finalmouse at the moment, but that's only because Mwave has imported a batch of them for retail in Australia, which is the first time any Finalmouse products have been available here. He's not doing it because Finalmouse pays him to promote their product (they don't), he's doing it because he likes their mice.
Like I said, I'm trying to translate a phrase, certantly not doing it well and you are taking it literally, but with money implies actions in the context.

In Mexico we have ZERO support from most makers, ASUS, MSI and Corsair are the exception, what happen? well or content creators put their money in the line to review stuff that are really good stuff for his viewers.

That's smart not risking his money, and very convenient but is very restricted and hardly to trust for smart people.

Know, about the video instead of going to the forums... well man, OP is asking in a forum my invitation is go to a forum the knows better about mice, just search for top recommendation and you get the top and all of them will work with XIM. Because, if searching on a forum is a waste of time... well this forums is useless to, specially if to monkeys keep arguing about if a guy is are sellout or not. Like I said, I don't think he is... but is wearing "a sellout uniform".
« Last Edit: 05:39 PM - 08/23/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 06:46 PM - 08/23/19 »
"Put your money where your mouth is" is a common phrase in English too, nothing has been lost in translation.

You keep tossing around "sellout" with zero proof. By your measure, the only way to remain completely neutral and unbiased is to spend money on products for review rather than accept them on loan, or be provided with a free sample in return for a review.

The review itself is on the product's merits - RJN always highlights the pros & cons, as well as disclosing his bias in terms of his personal preference. It's as neutral as you can get, which is why people respect his opinion. He's the de facto standard for gaming mouse reviews, so it follows that he's more likely to receive free product. Lesser-known reviewers are going to have to spend their own money.

The problem with paying for a product for subsequent review is the inherent bias that comes with spending money. You're already biased towards the product by virtue of deeming it worthy of your money. If you don't think it's worth the money, you won't buy it. That smacks of subjectivity, whereas the current process is as objective as possible.

Regardless of receiving free product, he's under no obligation to support something he doesn't like. If there was obvious bias, trust with the audience would be lost. There will always be those determined to undermine respected people by casting aspersions without proof (which is what you're doing) - it's a sad reality of the human condition, particularly on the internet.

Silly argument...OP, you know where to find easy to understand reviews for mice that work with XIM APEX. If you want to dig deeper, by all means visit oc.net for more info. I've never bothered, I own dozens of mice and I always check RJN's reviews before purchase. At the end of the day, he creates solid mouse reviews that I trust because his methodology is scientific and he leaves the decision up to you.
« Last Edit: 07:06 PM - 08/23/19 by antithesis »

Offline Phillyman5000

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:26 PM - 09/18/19 »
I have a Glorious Model O-.  Was using a Logitech g502.  There must be something about lighter weight mice because I just played a game for the first time with it and all I can saw is wow.  I hit a lot more shots than I normally do.

Offline Algimantas87

• If you can't beat them, join them.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NO_F3AR_MnK_HERE
« Reply #12 on: 09:30 PM - 09/18/19 »
I have a Glorious Model O-.  Was using a Logitech g502.  There must be something about lighter weight mice because I just played a game for the first time with it and all I can saw is wow.  I hit a lot more shots than I normally do.
I dont know why, but if i play R6S i play with logitech g305  but other games like apex legends i prefer play with glorious model 0. I tried playing R6S with gloriuos model 0 and i went back straight to g305.
Xim Apex
Platform:PS4
Mouse:Logitech G305
Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2
Mouse pad: Steelseries cloth
Headphone: Steelseries arctis pro + gamedac
Monitor:Acer GF276Abmipx 27 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor