XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Power failure  (Read 128 times)

Offline Jebaitedkid

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XxsirxreaperxX
[ACTIVE] Power failure
« on: 10:50 PM - 08/21/19 »
I bought the XIM back in december and it has been working amazing for me for about 5 months straight but then it started disconnecting my mouse or controller randomly. It progressively got worse cutting out anywhere from every 20 seconds to 10 minutes. Iíve turned all LEDís off and I recently bought the power adapter so I could try to supply the XIM with more power and it helped but it still continues to happen often. Iíve linked you my keyboard and mouse. I think Iíve included everything.

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Keyboards/Keyboard-&-Mouse-Set/69816-SGB-3000-KKMF1-US

Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: 09:11 AM - 08/22/19 by mist4fun »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Power failure
« Reply #1 on: 11:03 PM - 08/21/19 »
Welcome to the forums. Please note that power comes from the console, not XIM Apex, so it's likely one of your connected devices causing the problem.

Disconnects are typically due to a failing or faulty USB cable from the controller to XIM Apex. Try replacing it with a data USB cable if you have one handy.

Also, ensure your controller is fully charged before connecting to XIM. If you're on Xbox One, you can remove the battery.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Jebaitedkid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:11 PM - 08/21/19 »
Could you possibly link me a USB cable that would 100% work? Iíve taken the battery pack out of my Xbox controller and lost it would that be effecting it at all?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:11 AM - 08/22/19 »
Are you seeing red and yellow flashing from APEX?

Also, have you tried other data cables with the controller before moving to a power adapter? In some cases this can be caused by the controller itself as well. It's something to consider, testing another cable and a power adapter are cheaper options to test.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Jebaitedkid

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Power failure
« Reply #4 on: 09:20 AM - 08/22/19 »
Iím working on trying to get a data cable but Iím not sure which one will work or what differentiates a data cable from a regular one. Iíd say out of all of the disconnects that happen, my XIM only flashes about 5% of them. The rest either disconnect my mouse and I have to unplug my mouse and put it back in. Or if my controller disconnects I have to unplug the XIM and put it back in. If you could hit me with a link for a good data cable I would appreciate it

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

Offline Jebaitedkid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:06 PM - 08/22/19 »
Thank you. Also a few side notes, my XIM doesnít disconnect at all when Iím using it on my friends setup and my keyboard and mouse disconnect even when plugged straight into the Xbox. Could this be an Xbox problem? As it couldnít be a kb and mouse problem bc it works fine on my friends console

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 03:17 PM - 08/22/19 »
Yep, try a different port on the Xbox One. It's possible for a console USB port to fail over time too.

I recall having problems running a steering wheel on one of my PS3s, but it wouldn't work on another without a power adapter.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Jebaitedkid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:19 PM - 08/22/19 »
It happens in all of the USB ports tho unfortunately 😕

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:42 PM - 08/22/19 »
Try connecting the Xbox to another power outlet location. If you're using a power strip connect the console directly to the wall.