XIM Community

Can you guys help explain why the xim is not cheating  (Read 2956 times)

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: Can you guys help explain why the xim is not cheating
« Reply #45 on: 12:57 AM - 09/15/19 »
We all use this because of advantage. We all know this but a small group say it loud :-)
Please donít claim to speak for everybody. I use the XIM because Iíve been playing on KB&M for longer than consoles have existed and so Iím shite with a controller. Iím most comfortable with a mouse and so thatís the peripheral that I choose to game with.

If the XIM didnít exist, I wouldnít own a console.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Online idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01:08 AM - 09/15/19 »
We all use this because of advantage. We all know this but a small group say it loud :-)
Um no IoI

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 07:14 AM - 09/15/19 »
As ceebs said, no. wouldnít have console either.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #48 on: 08:36 AM - 09/15/19 »
I bought an Xbox about a dozen years ago. Ended up selling it six months later as I just couldnít play with my thumbs. I tried. If only Iíd known about the XIM back then... I blame OBsIV for not marketing it aggressively enough!

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11:30 AM - 09/15/19 »
No, all of us.

I can play with the controller as well; actually play Fortnite and RDR2 with a controller.

I use XIM only in a few FPS games which I play with my friends casually, I find very annoying and restrictive the turn, and aim assist hindrance.

But, and it is a big BUT... when I'm playing with my friends and a squad of tryhards want to challenge us... then I turn my Titan Two, and beat them -without breaking the sweat- until they rage quit. So, I will say certain scripts will give you a real advantage: be able to make perfect maneuvers automatically, firing the gun as fast as the game allows without getting joint pain, which allows me to sustain high intensity gaming sessions without getting tired and focus my efforts on battlefield knowledge, enemy positioning and callouts,

Titan give me that advantage I acknowledge that, and this doesn't matter if I have a XIM or a controller connected to it.

I consider that cheating?, no because I'm not using exploits or aimbots (which are not possible on consoles) and the outcome on how well I do is more defined by my decisions in the game no how fast shoot a weapon.

For me cheating is:
On console: doing exploits, pressing a sequence in the game to get a glitch going on, using lag-switches or hot-spot connection to inject lag. On PC aimbots, wallhacks, damage modifiers, things that requires zero effort and make you unstoppable.
« Last Edit: 12:05 PM - 09/15/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 12:13 PM - 09/15/19 »
Yeah MW open beta is basically the perfect proof to disreguard any of the complaints of those nerds about the XIM beeing a cheating device, overpowered, unfair advantage etc.

Anyone can connect a mouse and a keyboard to their PS4 right now (even 500Hz/1000 Hz mice and keyboards work) and play MW open beta against CONTROLLER players, yes you get matched mostly, Id say 98%, vs contoller players. It is the most precise input method on a console that has ever existed up until today.

Remember when some games attempted native KBM support on older consoles and older games- it was implemented in a bad way and was completely trash- too much input lag, very unprecise/inconsistent etc. MW open beta has by far the best native KBM implementation that has ever existed on consoles. It is even more precise and more consistent than the xim. It is basically the same as on the PC, except you have slightly more input lag, due to Vsync that you cant disable on consoles. But the xim also has that input lag, plus it tries to "convert" mouse movement into analogue movement.

Having said all that- I guarantee you, that nobody who tries native KBM on ps4 right now, will get beastlike scores and will destroy ppl left and right in MW beta. It simply wont happen. You will lose tons of gunfights vs controller users who have aim assist while you dont.

MW beta destroyed any and all arguments these clowns were using to claim that XIm is cheating or unfair. They can swollow their own words now.

Offline Die5el01

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 12:41 PM - 09/15/19 »
As im a disabled gamer (i had a stroke which affected my right side plus my speech) without the xim i would not be able to game with friends or family so my console would be gathering dust plus i cannot game on my 27 inch imac as i don't want to game solo and no way am i willing to pay £2000 for a pc that will need upgrading every year.
Xim 4,Xim Apex, Logitech G13, Logitech G502 -12000 DPI, SteelSeries QcK Prism Gaming Mouse Pad, Razer Orbweaver Chroma - Razer Green Mechanical Switches (Tactile And Clicky) - Gaming Keypad,Logitech G PRO Wireless,Titan 1 and Titan 2 and a Xbox 1 x Now using SteelSeries DeX, Gaming Mouse Pad (wish i bought this mouse pad sooner)

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12:43 PM - 09/15/19 »
But, and it is a big BUT... when I'm playing with my friends and a squad of tryhards want to challenge us... then I turn my Titan Two, and beat them -without breaking the sweat- until they rage quit. So, I will say certain scripts will give you a real advantage: be able to make perfect maneuvers automatically, firing the gun as fast as the game allows without getting joint pain, which allows me to sustain high intensity gaming sessions without getting tired and focus my efforts on battlefield knowledge, enemy positioning and callouts,

Titan give me that advantage I acknowledge that, and this doesn't matter if I have a XIM or a controller connected to it.

Mate dont feel ashamed or anything like that for using T2 scripts. Every year they add more and more BS mechanics to add more randomness into the gunfights, the game itself and so on, basically to redistribute skill and rewards from skilled players to noobs. They take away from good players and give more to noobs. It is only fair if we try to compensate all those stupid random mechanics, that have the only purpose, which is to reduce the factor of skill to the point where gunfights are a 50/50 coin toss which decides who wins it, rather than skill, reflexes, positioning etc.

I checked out a couple of T2 scripts, but I didnt need any of them yet, since I didnt play COD alot in the past few years and when I did, I used weapons like ICR with double grip or whatever its called all the time, which has low recoil and low flinch, so I didnt need things like recoil reducing scripts etc. But I wouldnt hesitate to use one, esp. if I decided to play such an abomination as this years cod.

Each year they add new sheet to cripple skilled players more and more. Things like T2 scripts are our only option to compensate for the BS that is designed to take away from more skilled players and redistribute the rewards to noobs.
« Last Edit: 12:50 PM - 09/15/19 by Santigold »

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11:04 PM - 09/16/19 »
It's not cheating, because it's more like HACKING. We are all badass l337 hackers here boiiiii

Offline YIAZ-M

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: YIAZ-M
« Reply #54 on: 03:12 AM - 09/18/19 »
Hi,from my experience as a former controller payer (played a lot of FPS for about 10 years ),using a XIM gives almost no advantage on consoles.No way it's cheating? Pepople who call it "cheating" have never touched a K/M in their life, they don't know what they're talking about.

Because:

-as good as the XIM is, you'll never get the same experience than PC,because of the games input lag/turn speed limitation AND the 60 FPS cap.

-aim assist.It is so strong using a controller than it's almost aim bot, especially on COD because the TTK is so low than the difference between a K/M and controller is non existant. Sure you can use AA with K/M using a XIM, but it can be troublesome because you can never get the muscle memory, and in some case, especially Sniping, it's just bad.The flick shots are destroyd by the AA.

I played with a XIM for 1 year and I have never felt an unfair advantage at all, sure I'm not Shroud but I was playing against players of my level.

I watched some PC players streaming modern warfare the last week and using native K/M agaisnt controller players,, and they were not dominating at all.

I really think it would be really  unfair if the Aim assist was turned off as it is on R6 siege, and yes in that case XIM users have an unfair advantage.

Sorry for my english.

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 03:44 PM - 09/18/19 »
I've probably said it dozens of times over the years and I'll say it again.  ANYTHING that does not fundamentally change the way the game operates is 100% fine to use and NOT cheating.  Macros are NOT cheating.  The Titan Two is NOT cheating.
Using a special controller, XIM, or anything else is NOT cheating.

People have been using macros and weird input setups on PC since PC gaming was a thing, and it has never been considered cheating and thus it should not on console either.  The only thing that IS cheating is using hacks which actually alter the code of the the game and introduce things that cannot occur in the game in its normal environment.

My friend and I have this debate all the time, ironically said friend is still using the XIM4 I let him borrow when I got my Apex.  :) 
PS4 Pro / One X ē LG 49UJ6200 / Pixio PXC243 ē G502 ē PS Nav

Offline year0

• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
« Reply #56 on: 10:16 AM - 09/19/19 »
I've probably said it dozens of times over the years and I'll say it again.  ANYTHING that does not fundamentally change the way the game operates is 100% fine to use and NOT cheating.  Macros are NOT cheating.  The Titan Two is NOT cheating.
Using a special controller, XIM, or anything else is NOT cheating.

People have been using macros and weird input setups on PC since PC gaming was a thing, and it has never been considered cheating and thus it should not on console either.  The only thing that IS cheating is using hacks which actually alter the code of the the game and introduce things that cannot occur in the game in its normal environment.

My friend and I have this debate all the time, ironically said friend is still using the XIM4 I let him borrow when I got my Apex.  :) 

Yep, i agree.. plus ppl never take net connection into regard at all when talking 'unfair advantages' either..
If you believe it gives you an edge, then it does.
That's why I game 100% nude in a climate controlled room. Clothes are only going to slow you down.