XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Logitech G502 - unable to bind the three DPI buttons  (Read 75 times)

Offline RockHardGnome

• View Profile
Bare in mind Iím completely new to this xim apex setup.

Iím having the same issue - Cannot assign dpi buttons to a command in the app. Effectively losing 2 buttons on my mouse.

I have the G502 mouse. When I go to assign the mouse buttons G7 and G8 in the app, all I get is ďlisteningĒ. I have researched and tried everything,  so far I have:
ē Reassigned these dpi Buttons to a  letter on the keyboard
ē unassigned them, came out the Logitech gaming software, logged back in and the reassigned them.
ē everything is brand new and up to date.

I donít know what else to do. Frustrations building! I simply want to male these G7 and G8 buttons usable in game!
« Last Edit: 09:11 AM - 08/14/19 by mist4fun »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
After assigning them, did you save them to the onboard profile before disconnecting the mouse from G Hub?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline RockHardGnome

• View Profile
Thatís a good point. I thought it was saving the default settings because Iíve taken the Mouse out and plugged it back into the XIM, nothing happens ie I still canít assign. I return to my laptop and the settings are still the same. So I assumed it was saved as i have removed it and returned. 

However, when I select the profile setting capability in settings I lose the ability to edit the mouse settings. Itís a strange one! Thereís 3 profiles available and would select #1 and all it would show me is the mouse but no ability to edit.

Iím currently out so canít remember what it says immediately after I turn the on board memory on. If I leave it on thatís when I canít edit settings.

Offline RockHardGnome

• View Profile
Okay so Ive activated my on board profiles and changed the DPI buttons to letters. Saves it all and it stil does not accept them within the XIM app. Itís getting increasingly annoying. Iím half tempted to send my xim back!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
I have the G502 mouse. When I go to assign the mouse buttons G7 and G8 in the app, all I get is ďlisteningĒ.
This is definitely because Apex Manager still sees the DPI buttons as G7 and G8. It's 'Listening' for a mouse or keyboard key that it recognises and can't hear one.

I haven't used Logitech mice since I bought my Z a couple of years ago, but when I did use them I remember that you had to save your keybinds in LGS before unplugging.

I understand that you have to use Logitech G Hub now?

Either way, it sounds like it's an onboard memory issue with the G502, not an Apex one. I wouldn't be throwing out your XIM any time soon. :)
« Last Edit: 10:10 AM - 08/14/19 by ceebs »

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Could you try using the latest beta with improved hardware support? It's necessary to update both firmware and Manager.

If you would like to test our latest beta visit the link below. Please read the instructions on the download page. Feedback in the beta section of our forum is appreciated.

https://xim.tech/beta
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Blinding_Solo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Blinding_Solo
I am having the same issue and I just updated the firmware. It just keeps saying A is being pressed.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
So when you're pressing one of the DPI buttons (G7 or G8) your Apex is reading it as the A key on your keyboard?

Where's HL3?