XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM APEX keyboard doesnít work and show logo on App (HELP)  (Read 199 times)

Offline marco.bal

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Marcus Sarcus
Hello I need help!!! Iíve had the XIM apex for a year now and a couple weeks ago I bought a Ducky one 2 mini. Yesterday I received the keyboard and I plugged it in to my XIM and it wasnít working. I tired so many things from updating to the latest firmware on the XIM, I hard reset my Xbox, I made sure all the ports were in the right spots but it still doesnít work I tried putting it in bios mode as well and that didnít do anything I need help I was super pumped for this new keyboard and it doesnít work my controller works because I did the test and the green light flashed 4 times and I took out the batteries and the Xbox logo light on the controller comes on instantly. I Need help
« Last Edit: 04:29 PM - 08/15/19 by mist4fun »

Offline Shregsby

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: festivepredator1
It sounds like your keyboard may be incompatible with the Xim Apex. But donít quote me on that, weíll have to wait for a moderator to have a look at this.

Offline marco.bal

• View Profile
Iíve seen a lot of people using the same keyboard as me in the forums

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
That's true, other people are using them. The mouse works in your game right?

Try swapping the mouse and keyboard cables at the hub. Sometimes starting APEX with one device attached then adding the others in sequence can help too.

You mentioned updating to the latest firmware, is this the latest in the download section or the latest beta? There are improvements to hardware compatibility in the recent betas.

If you would like to test our latest beta visit the link below. Please read the instructions on the download page. Feedback in the beta section of our forum is appreciated.

https://xim.tech/beta
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline marco.bal

• View Profile
It could be the cable for my keyboard I donít have a budget for the cable please send me a link via amazon.ca itís a USB type C 6ft

I tried all the things previously mentioned didnít work and I am updated to the latest firmware on the XIM apex

Offline marco.bal

• View Profile
And the mouse is working correctly just the keyboard is having issues

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The cable could cause this, try others if you have a extras.

The only other suggestion I can think of is to check if the keyboard is capable of firmware update and either updating or downgrading to another version. Power might be an issue, do you have a powered hub to test with?

Offline marco.bal

• View Profile
Powered hub ?? And Iíll try a firmware update

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Did you try using the keyboard in another port of the hub?

In some cases when using a high power setup using a hub with it's own power adapter between APEX and peripherals can help. Attaching a compatible power adapter to APEX's hub might help instead. If this is something you would like to try APEX supports power adapters using the spec below and can be found on amazon or ebay. To prevent damage to your peripherals do not use a power adapter that doesn't match this spec and do not use a power adapter with an adjustable voltage switch.

5V 3A power adapter  ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive)

I have to warn that it's not clear if this will solve your issue, it's just the last step that is known to help with this type of issue.

Offline marco.bal

• View Profile
Yes it worked I did a firmware update on both the ducky one 2 mini and the XIM apex

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
That's good to hear. :)

Offline marco.bal

• View Profile
Doesnít work anymore I turned off my Xbox and the keyboard doesnít work anymore

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Does it help connecting your devices in sequence? This helps with some LED setups. Start APEX with only the controller attached, then connect the mouse, then the keyboard. Does this allow it to work?

Offline marco.bal

• View Profile
Why canít I use a adjustable voltage switch power adapter

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
There have been a few reports of damaged peripherals from people using an AC adapter with an adjustable voltage switch. It could be user error or it could be an error from the switch, I recommend avoiding it if you can.