XIM Community

Apex Legends new solo mode  (Read 992 times)

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
Apex Legends new solo mode
« on: 12:53 AM - 08/14/19 »
Hi all,

Barely been gaming of late, a mixture of boredom and real life getting in the way but i noticed they have added solos so my interest has increased.

I jumped on last night for a few and really enjoyed it but I'm interested to know your thoughts on it, do you guy's like it?

In particular I'd like to know what's considered a high amount of kills in a win as I'd like to post some gameplay but genuinely don't know what's considered high.

I had a look online quickly but no joy, perhaps it's too new.

What do you guys think, good game mode? What's the highest amount of kills you've managed?

Cheers

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: Apex Legends new solo mode
« Reply #1 on: 02:19 AM - 08/14/19 »
Honestly, I prefer trios. Unless I'm hot dropping, I've found that it's hard to find enemies to kill. And when I do, they're all using long range weapons which makes it a bit too campy.

I like the data that you get when you get killed though. Would be nice to see that in the reg game.

I got four kills several times. Finished in the top five a few times. Pretty normal for an average XIMmer, I'm guessing?
« Last Edit: 05:31 AM - 08/14/19 by ceebs »

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:48 AM - 08/14/19 »
I've only played a handful of games but i haven't come across players using long range yet.

I find sound is your biggest friend in this game mode, listening to footsteps is so key to catch those sneaky campers.

The only real negative for me so far is the first zone is up from the start and often in the far corners of the map so although u may have 60 people drop in its hard to get alot of kills as many die off spawn contesting spots then are quickly having to run to the zone and dieing so you end up with between 10 and 20 players left by first zone which when your going for high kill games makes it tricky. Seems a lot of luck may be involved in finding players and the zone.

Highest kills I've managed so far is 12  and 2000 damage with a win but only played for a couple of hours, is that any good? Honestly don't know.

Gna jump on again tonight if i can and see if i can better it.

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #3 on: 06:49 AM - 08/14/19 »
Honestly Iíve seen a few streamers playing it and anything above 10 is certainly a high kill game. Highest kill game Iíve seen is itemp at 13 I think.  But it is pretty new. Iím sure there will be some streams coming out soon.

Using the robot is probably the fastest way to get around and getting high ground quickly

My highest kill game is six. When I killed the six person I was shot by two or three other people at once and finish fifth. I have only played three matches of it though

Offline Kuzzad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:07 AM - 08/14/19 »
Yah 12 is pretty good I had a 10 kill game going and got killed right after my 10th kill with 4 remaining 

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:18 PM - 08/14/19 »
Only played 3 games so far got 14 kill win my first one.  Got a gold backpack on the second kill so after that it was like stealing candy from a baby.
It definitely felt like a 20 would have been possible.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:27 PM - 08/14/19 »
probably less kills than in trios. its easier to get more kills in modes where people have to stick together than when they can fully separate. same as in fortnite, i think the solo squad record is like 46 or so while the solo record is in the mid 30s.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:45 PM - 08/14/19 »
I won 6 games yesterday and ranged from 10-16 kills. You could easily win a solo though with ~5 kills.
CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 Pro | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Kuzzad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:47 PM - 08/14/19 »
D1sable did you find good joystick settings for the azeron?

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:48 PM - 08/14/19 »
No i don't like it, i can't use analogue

Offline Kuzzad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:55 PM - 08/14/19 »
No i don't like it, i can't use analogue

Yah I canít use mine either

Offline Omarf826

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:39 PM - 08/14/19 »
i Just drop skull town every game, i dropped 18 kills, 16 kills, then 14. I just engage every fight and see where people drop as well

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:08 PM - 08/14/19 »
Also a heads up, the teaming in solos is unbelievably bad.
CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 Pro | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Joe1975

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:54 AM - 08/15/19 »
For me, the problem is:
The Solo-Mode is only 2 weeks - so i dont want to play it a lot, because when i love it, it gets shut down...:-(

The day the announce that the Solo-Mode stays in the game, i start playing the game - but until that happens: no, dont want to "loose" a game that i like...

Btw: I dont like Trio - i played it, but i dont like it... I would love to hear that Solo stays forever...

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #14 on: 06:57 AM - 08/15/19 »
Itís a good warm-up mode. I think they are just testing to see how much people like it and stay on it. That and to make people spend money which I have a very hard time doing for this game even though I like it a lot. Bought the season one battle pass but no interest in season two battle pass
« Last Edit: 01:39 PM - 08/16/19 by Lucifalic »