XIM Community

Glorious Model O Questions  (Read 1584 times)

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
Glorious Model O Questions
« on: 12:52 PM - 08/12/19 »
Hey, just got my hands on the Glorious O and it feels awesome.
Do any of you guys using this mouse tried out the macro function? (Fortnite player)
Also wonder what is the best lift of distance? 2-3mm is the option. Default is 2mm
Debounce time is also a thing here. Any tips bout this?

Peace
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Glorious Model O | QPAD MK-90 | Astro A40

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Glorious Model O Questions
« Reply #1 on: 01:58 PM - 08/12/19 »
set the debounce time to the lowest possible value, i think 4 is the lowest with the latest firmware.
as for the other questions, no clue about the macros but the lift off distance depends on your mousepad.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:12 PM - 08/12/19 »
set the debounce time to the lowest possible value, i think 4 is the lowest with the latest firmware.
as for the other questions, no clue about the macros but the lift off distance depends on your mousepad.

Hey, already set it to 4. I use a cloth pad

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:07 PM - 08/12/19 »
Tell me what you know about the debounce?
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | 1000Hz 3200 DPI | Extremely Low Sensitivity

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• Australian Youtuber 1.6k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
« Reply #4 on: 07:28 AM - 08/13/19 »
I use the lowest debounce time and the highest lift off distance. Been liking the mouse took awhile to get use to with the weight aye

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:31 AM - 08/13/19 »

https://youtu.be/oqK2o-Hwzho?t=452   this video explains it

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:09 AM - 08/13/19 »

compareable to a button activation delay feature, the lower it is the higher the chance to have accidental double button inputs but it also reduces the overall delay for the action to be sent to the xim/pc
in most games you may not notice a big difference if your mouse buttons arent placed to time critical actions, however in fortnite for example i have a lot of my buildings on the mouse and i had to relearn my 90s and other stuff because of the delay reduction from 16 to 4 via the glorious mouse driver
fortnite is actually the only game where i notice a difference
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:25 PM - 08/13/19 »

compareable to a button activation delay feature, the lower it is the higher the chance to have accidental double button inputs but it also reduces the overall delay for the action to be sent to the xim/pc
in most games you may not notice a big difference if your mouse buttons arent placed to time critical actions, however in fortnite for example i have a lot of my buildings on the mouse and i had to relearn my 90s and other stuff because of the delay reduction from 16 to 4 via the glorious mouse driver

Also the same here, on fortnite using build immedietly i often Harry potter myself(places stairs over me) So i tried turning that of so i can get the preview of the build. Floors and Cones is on my keyboard (F/G) and it works well. But walls and stairs on left/right click instant builds even tough i have turned off build immedietly. Is this something i can use the debounce time to get rid of?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:29 PM - 08/13/19 »
yes you could try that, however locking yourself up during a 90 is usually because of bad timing or looking too much up or to the wrong side. the debounce time can only help with the first one.

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:17 PM - 08/13/19 »
yes you could try that, however locking yourself up during a 90 is usually because of bad timing or looking too much up or to the wrong side. the debounce time can only help with the first one.

Will try. Im curious about the macro function. Is IT possible to make a One button reset etc? Thats 3 different clicks for me rn

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:07 PM - 08/13/19 »
sure thats possible, you can even do it with a basic logitech mouse macro. a xim user already shared how to do it via a topic in this forum.

Offline Redrabbit5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:45 AM - 08/14/19 »
I own right now a Logitech g 900 this mouse feel better ?
PS4 PRO | BenQ EL2870U | XIM Apex | Titan T2 | Azeron Compact | Glorious Model O | Scythe USB Pedal | Astro A50 |

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:50 PM - 08/14/19 »
sure thats possible, you can even do it with a basic logitech mouse macro. a xim user already shared how to do it via a topic in this forum.

I cant seem to find it in the forum or search function. Do you mind sending med the link?
Also this is onboard macro and not Xim link you mean?

Edit: i also have an issue that my sens feels som much higher and sensitive even tho i bumped it down alot. Still using 12k dpi same as my g502. Maybe because the mouse is so light? Or should i try 3200 dpi etc?
« Last Edit: 05:11 PM - 08/14/19 by InZaneHD »

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:33 PM - 08/15/19 »
Ive found out myself how to make a macro and it works really good. The only issue is that in the software scroll up/down is not an "button" so i cant bind the macro to scroll up/down just the scroll wheel button. Im sure there is a way around in the software or Xim but i cant figure it out rn.

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:59 AM - 08/18/19 »

Hmm, curious as to why debouncing would add input lag, something like an SR latch hardware debounc or even good software debouncing shouldn't add input lag
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | 1000Hz 3200 DPI | Extremely Low Sensitivity