XIM Community

Xbox one play and charge cord. XIM4 no longer recognizes the controller  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Mnagy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xiznit
Iíve used a play and charge cord for a while now and have never had an issue. I played just last night and didnít have a problem. I went to play today and for whatever reason the controller light will not come on and the XIM4 app shows the controller but it will not work. Any ideas?! I stream on Twitch so I need my XIM4 setup!!!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Are you sure you're not using a standard USB cable? Play and charge USB cables do not work with a XIM, they don't have the required data lines.

Cables can easily break when a controller falls from a table. Try a different data USB cable.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Mnagy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xiznit
I am using a play and charge cable and have used one from the get go. I did manage to fix it in the most odd way. So I removed the rechargeable battery from the controller and removed the USB side of the plug from the XIM4 then I plugged the USB side into my PC then the controller was working. Then I removed the USB side from my PC and plugged it back into the XIM4 and it just started working again!  Weird I know but Iíll take it any way I can get it!

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
Since day one I had to use the play n charge from xbox to xim and braided xim cord to controller as play n charge never worked between xim4 and controller