XIM Community

Possibility of a new ST for Apex Legends?  (Read 1791 times)

Offline theactualstevie

• PC gamer forced to play console because of friends
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sensational
  • PSN ID: N/A
Possibility of a new ST for Apex Legends?
« on: 09:33 AM - 08/07/19 »
Since there are many new options for sensitivity, thumbstick curves, yaw/pitch speed etc. Would it not be a good idea for the XIM team look into these settings, find the most linear(and fastest turn cap)  and create a new ST for them?

Surely we could get a bit more turn speed, granularity and just less heavy lifting being done from the ST if itís  retrained for the most linear in game configuration?

If itís an issue of time then I understand, but it would be nice to have ST support for these new settings  :)

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
Re: Possibility of a new ST for Apex Legends?
« Reply #1 on: 03:01 PM - 08/07/19 »
Current ST is perfect for me.

Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2 TKL | Glorious Model O Wireless | Corsair MM350

Xbox Series X | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S | PS3 | Xbox 360

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Top 500 Overwatch | Apex Predator | SBMM ruins games

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:10 PM - 08/07/19 »
Id vote yes for this.  But only if it's done the same way as R6 so we don't lose the current ST.
Just want the option to switch between Linear / Classic through an official ST.

tankttv

« Reply #3 on: 04:40 PM - 08/07/19 »
settings??

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:59 PM - 08/07/19 »

settings??

The Apex ST. No curve. Common sync. 10 Hip 7.5 ADS.
Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2 TKL | Glorious Model O Wireless | Corsair MM350

Xbox Series X | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S | PS3 | Xbox 360

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Top 500 Overwatch | Apex Predator | SBMM ruins games

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #5 on: 08:07 PM - 08/07/19 »
Current st is great. Rml setup with the least aim assist curve, custom sens, sab off on hip, 0 on ads

1000hz , 12k dpi

Offline theactualstevie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:05 AM - 08/08/19 »
Well there goes the chance of getting a new ST, thanks guys  8)

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #7 on: 03:57 AM - 08/08/19 »
Since there are many new options for sensitivity, thumbstick curves, yaw/pitch speed etc. Would it not be a good idea for the XIM team look into these settings, find the most linear(and fastest turn cap)  and create a new ST for them?

Surely we could get a bit more turn speed, granularity and just less heavy lifting being done from the ST if itís  retrained for the most linear in game configuration?

If itís an issue of time then I understand, but it would be nice to have ST support for these new settings  :)
Why are you assuming linear yeilds the fastest turn speed? Exponential ramps up the turn.., err.., exponentially, resulting in a faster turn as long as it hasn't hit the turn cap. But of course it also moves away from the 1 to 1 mouse velocity to reticle movement that the ST is trying to achieve.

And anyway, there are hundreds (or possibly even thousands) of variations that can be produced by tweaking combinations of the Advanced Settings. Which one is best? Which one should a new Smart Translator be trained on? And of course, you'll get a dozen different reponses to those questions. In order to keep everybody happy, Mist would need to train a lot of new STs.

And even then, many people would still be asking for a retrain...

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:06 AM - 08/08/19 »
 The turn speed In the game cannot be exceeded. You can make it go full speed easily and hit the hard turn cap. The Xim cannot exceed the turn cap of the game so it does not need a new ST done. If you want a higher turn speed get a PC and play it there but as far as Console goes this is as fast as it goes.

Offline theactualstevie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:09 AM - 08/08/19 »
Why are you assuming linear yeilds the fastest turn speed? Exponential ramps up the turn.., err.., exponentially, resulting in a faster turn as long as it hasn't hit the turn cap. But of course it also moves away from the 1 to 1 mouse velocity to reticle movement that the ST is trying to achieve.

And anyway, there are hundreds (or possibly even thousands) of variations that can be produced by tweaking combinations of the Advanced Settings. Which one is best? Which one should a new Smart Translator be trained on? And of course, you'll get a dozen different reponses to those questions. In order to keep everybody happy, Mist would need to train a lot of new STs.

And even then, many people would still be asking for a retrain...

The in game settings which will work best are the ones that provide the most linear movement, so that with a scale of 0-100% analog movement, you get a equally distributed 0-100% turn speed in game, prior to an ST being used.

Emulating linear movement is a purpose of the ST. Any acceleration in the game will affect the output quality you get from an ST, being that you are always limited by the analog sticks 16bit/8bit resolution. If each increment from 0 and 65,535(xbox one) was equally distributed in terms of movement in game, you would have the optimal translation from mouse to analog stick movement.

That is just talking about the in game curve option.

For the turn speed specifically, there are advanced settings in apex where you can max out the pitch and yaw values too - these probably do not change the look mechanic, but it's hard to know for sure without the tools the XIM devs use.

Offline theactualstevie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:10 AM - 08/08/19 »
The turn speed In the game cannot be exceeded. You can make it go full speed easily and hit the hard turn cap. The Xim cannot exceed the turn cap of the game so it does not need a new ST done. If you want a higher turn speed get a PC and play it there but as far as Console goes this is as fast as it goes.

I'm not sure who you are talking to, but that is common knowledge for me since I started using an XIM 4 years ago.

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:18 AM - 08/08/19 »
Because the ST is trained at Max turn speed. A re-train will do nothing to make it faster.

The game is trained at 8/8 Sensitivity which is the same as maxing those variables in advanced look controls

Offline WarCat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:13 AM - 08/08/19 »
Because the ST is trained at Max turn speed. A re-train will do nothing to make it faster.

The game is trained at 8/8 Sensitivity which is the same as maxing those variables in advanced look controls

That would be true if extra pitch and extra yaw was not offered in the advanced look controls. Also, Mist already stated that it does provide a better turn speed, but the from what Iíve read, the reason we do not have an ST for the advanced look controls is because the instructions would be confusing with the sliders and they also want to avoid having a default ST and advanced look ST to avoid further confusion.

Offline jujupaster

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:43 AM - 08/08/19 »

settings??

The Apex ST. No curve. Common sync. 10 Hip 7.5 ADS.

Mouse dpi?

Offline cjenks22

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:16 PM - 08/08/19 »
I use the titanfall 2 st , with everything left at default ( ADS unchecked so it used same vales as HIP)  mouse dpi 12k 1000 pol rate , this is by far the closest thing i have felt to pc, 5.2 kd