XIM Community

iOS USERS: Please upgrade to our latest Manager TestFlight  (Read 3312 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
We recently fixed a bug that was preventing XIM APEX Manager from running on iOS 13. We ask all our iOS Beta users to please upgrade (even if you aren't using iOS 13) and provide feedback.

The Manager version you should see in TestFlight is: 20190804

Thanks!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Barry.McCockiner

• View Profile
Granted I never had an issue with the app loading, more with it crashing or spottiness with connecting to the XIM; I am able to confirm that everything has been working as expected tonight.

Thanks for the update for us iOS beta users.
Xbox One X w/ Samsung SSD | XIM Apex | Logitech G305 | Ducky One 2 Mini

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Granted I never had an issue with the app loading, more with it crashing or spottiness with connecting to the XIM; I am able to confirm that everything has been working as expected tonight.

Thanks. For your mention of crashing here -- is there anything you remember that was common when it crashed?

Offline Barry.McCockiner

• View Profile

Thanks. For your mention of crashing here -- is there anything you remember that was common when it crashed?

Any profile name or sub config names where I needed to input characters would make the app crash, every time.

Also I have noticed this for a while now, but there is no "Done" option when changing values for sensitivity, delay, ect. I would typically select "Save" to get me out of the field, but the option is grayed out until I exit the numerical screen. So instead I have to select a different value such as the - or + on a separate setting for it to take me out of the numerical screen.

These scenarios only apply to iOS on the iPhone XS Max device; I believe the option is present on my iPad but don't have any other devices to test with.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
When you say it crashed when typing in you mean on iOS 13, correct?

Are you not able to swipe down on the keyboard when you are done?

Offline Barry.McCockiner

• View Profile
Correct this is only iOS 13 on the previous versions as stated in my initial reply.

I will have to try and swipe the keyboard downwards tonight, didn't know that was an option.

Offline mberk100

• View Profile
Can confirm that it no longer crashes on iOS 13. Thank you!

Offline Theaznway

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Theaznway
Work really well on ios13, i am so retarted to went for ios 13 that early 😂

Offline KoreanPine

• View Profile
We recently fixed a bug that was preventing XIM APEX Manager from running on iOS 13. We ask all our iOS Beta users to please upgrade (even if you aren't using iOS 13) and provide feedback.

The Manager version you should see in TestFlight is: 20190804

Thanks!

What firmware works well with this one? because 20190315 is stuttery

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
The new beta works fine on my iPhone 7 running iOS 12.3.1 except for one quirk. After I've viewed the latest settings for a game, the <Yes> <No> options become unresponsive and I have to close the app. My changes have been applied when I reopen the app though, so it's not really a problem and all configs seem to work as expected.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: iOS USERS: Please upgrade to our latest Manager TestFlight
« Reply #10 on: 10:31 AM - 08/15/19 »
Interesting. Do you mean after you return back to the app you can't clear to popup? Does this happen if you leave the app in general and come back?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #11 on: 02:13 AM - 08/16/19 »
Interesting. Do you mean after you return back to the app you can't clear the popup?
Exactly.
Does this happen if you leave the app in general and come back?
Yes, but only if I navigate to the latest settings again. Otherwise, the app responds as it should.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 10:06 AM - 08/16/19 »
Ok thanks for verifying that.

Offline jlsoz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: jlsoz
« Reply #13 on: 11:44 AM - 08/16/19 »
When i click the link in the latest beta, the test flight app advises the beta is full. Are there no more beta test accounts left?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #14 on: 11:46 AM - 08/16/19 »
Unfortunately Apple insists on controller everything (even if there is no value to it). So, they decided to set arbitrary limits resulting in people now not being able to test out the Beta. I'm trying to figure out how to work around it.