XIM Community

Best Analog for Xim Apex?  (Read 5570 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Best Analog for Xim Apex?
« Reply #15 on: 04:33 PM - 07/26/19 »
nice that one looks similar to the nintendo wii nunchuck. its missing some front buttons though so a mouse with like 10-12 buttons will probably be needed (to bind all controller buttons).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04:58 PM - 07/26/19 »
The best would be the azeron. Even with the nav you are still limited at times. If they're ever in stock i plan to get one. But, in the meantime grab the nav off Amazon in like new condition and it will suffice, just get two so when one dies you'll have a backup while you charge the other for continuous play.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #17 on: 05:44 PM - 07/26/19 »
does the n52te have an analog stick? Or do you need to mod it
Anyone who can comment on that? About to pick one up

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
« Reply #18 on: 11:11 PM - 07/26/19 »
I can make a nav and a mouse with less buttons than the g502 work!

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:17 AM - 07/27/19 »
The n52te has a d-pad ... so no analog.
Years ago a few forum members modded it and put a stick in, there was a tutorial from roads about taking the left stick out of the xbox controller and putting it into the n52te. Nowadays an analog stick connected to teensy would be used instead. It's fairly straightforward to take the d-pad out of the n52te.
Edit: forgot to say that it's a modded N52te in the picture next to my name ... the little round coloured button switches are the d-pad wires connected up after taking the d-pad out to put the xbox stick in.
« Last Edit: 11:23 AM - 07/27/19 by Au1d Yin »

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
« Reply #20 on: 08:58 AM - 07/27/19 »
I agree, analog movement with mouse is a great way to play since you aren't limited to 8-way directional which forces you to use your aim to give you the extra freedom of movement. Unfortunately, the options for analog aren't looking good since both the Logitech G13 and the Sony Move Nav controller are no longer in production.
So obs ... have you never thought about trying the Azeron compact?
I've got 2 Logitech G13's  but once I got used to the different switch layout on the Azeron I can't go back.

Its impossible to buy... I've tried for months now always sold out.

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09:35 AM - 07/31/19 »
The Azeron is awesome, I have the compact, however for certain games (PUBG) I still use my Splitfish FragFX Fragchuck - I highly recommend it and much prefer it over the nav or the joycon.

Offline Lugton

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Lugton
« Reply #22 on: 12:11 PM - 08/01/19 »
Iv tried a joy con and Sony nav and honestly couldn't use my left hand for a out 3 days afterwards. I was in agony and went back to a kB. If you could mount a joy con on a chair arm or similar it might fix this issue.

Offline Beavy

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: beavyboy
« Reply #23 on: 05:34 AM - 08/03/19 »
The Azeron is awesome, I have the compact, however for certain games (PUBG) I still use my Splitfish FragFX Fragchuck - I highly recommend it and much prefer it over the nav or the joycon.

Is this splitfish stick fully analog? I thought I read previously it was just 8 directional but maybe thatís wrong.
PlayStation 4 | Xim Apex | Razer Blackwidow | Razer DeathAdder | ASUS VG278Q

Offline Grizz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02:46 AM - 08/04/19 »
Years ago a few forum members modded it and put a stick in, there was a tutorial from roads about taking the left stick out of the xbox controller and putting it into the n52te. Nowadays an analog stick connected to teensy would be used instead. It's fairly straightforward to take the d-pad out of the n52te.
Edit: forgot to say that it's a modded N52te in the picture next to my name ... the little round coloured button switches are the d-pad wires connected up after taking the d-pad out to put the xbox stick in.

I currently have an n52te I was looking to mod with an analog stick. is it easy for a beginner to do?

Offline Phillyman5000

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05:31 AM - 08/04/19 »
This is how I have my Nav set up on my desk.  A little ghetto but it works for me lol.  Will eventually get the Azeron.  There is also the Hori tac Pro m2.

Nav-Getto-Mod" border="0

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06:42 AM - 08/04/19 »

I currently have an n52te I was looking to mod with an analog stick. is it easy for a beginner to do?

It's years since I did it by following the tutorial by forum member roads but the pictures have all now gone from that tutorial, and as I said it was a guide for unsoldering the left stick from the xbox verification controller and putting it into the n52te after taking the d-pad out.
Things have progressed a long way since then and now the teensy is used for the stick.If you know what you are doing with teensy ( I don't), and you are able to do a bit of soldering it should be fairly easy.
It was the first time I had soldered when I did it and I found it ok to do.
The n52te comes apart easily and the d-pad and buttons are connected by a ribbon cable (which you can either just cut, or wire up to something like footpedals)
When I did it all the membrane switches were replaced with cherries, but if you don't do that it will just be a case of taking the d-pad out and putting a stick in with teensy.

I was going to add a link to the other tutorial by W11ce but I noticed that you had seen it .... that one is too complicated for me lol

Offline Grizz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09:18 PM - 08/04/19 »

It's years since I did it by following the tutorial by forum member roads but the pictures have all now gone from that tutorial, and as I said it was a guide for unsoldering the left stick from the xbox verification controller and putting it into the n52te after taking the d-pad out.
Things have progressed a long way since then and now the teensy is used for the stick.If you know what you are doing with teensy ( I don't), and you are able to do a bit of soldering it should be fairly easy.
It was the first time I had soldered when I did it and I found it ok to do.
The n52te comes apart easily and the d-pad and buttons are connected by a ribbon cable (which you can either just cut, or wire up to something like footpedals)
When I did it all the membrane switches were replaced with cherries, but if you don't do that it will just be a case of taking the d-pad out and putting a stick in with teensy.

I was going to add a link to the other tutorial by W11ce but I noticed that you had seen it .... that one is too complicated for me lol

I appreciate the in-depth reply man.

So if I just want to do it without the teensy it's as simple as just soldering out the xbox analog and transferring it to the n52te board? I remember seeing posts that the xbox controller had to stay connected or something?

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06:10 AM - 08/05/19 »
It was for the 360 console and controller and it's really not the best idea.

The stick you remove is still connected to the controller by cable; the stick is then soldered onto a bit of solderable breadboard which is then cut to fit the space left in the n52te where the dpad was. You can screw the bit of breadboard with the stick into the threaded holes that fixed the dpad.

The teensy is really the best way.
Edit: Had a hunt for the lost photos that were in the tutorial for the cherry switch mod.
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=8122.msg477090#msg477090

and here's a pic of the stick in the N52te housing.https://s3.amazonaws.com/DrDonkeyKong/Tutorial%3A+N52te+Analog+Stick+Mod+%2B+6+Button+Pedals+Footrest/image9.jpg
It's from ABC123's post on page 15 of the N52te analog stick mod + 6 pedals in the tutorial section.
« Last Edit: 07:11 AM - 08/05/19 by Au1d Yin »

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11:19 AM - 08/05/19 »

Is this splitfish stick fully analog? I thought I read previously it was just 8 directional but maybe thatís wrong.

Yes

Admin