XIM Community

[Q/A] (Xim apex) Will this person's config still work for world at war?  (Read 80 times)

Offline gameocontest

• View Profile
Link to configs: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=2408.0

Hi, this is my first time visiting this forum. I'm wondering if the person's config listed above will work for xim apex and allow me to get that "PC feel" when playing waw with the xim device? If not, any help would be appreciated! So far I'm still trying to test out my settings in waw with the xim but no luck so far.

« Last Edit: 09:04 AM - 08/05/19 by mist4fun »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Welcome to the forum, gameocontest.

The original XIM is very different to the Apex. CoD WaW post dates it. Have you installed the World at War config?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline gameocontest

• View Profile

The original XIM is very different to the Apex. CoD WaW post dates it. Have you installed the World at War config?
From the post or from the app? I haven't installed the one from the post.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile

From the app (Apex Manager)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline gameocontest

• View Profile

From the app (Apex Manager)

I have installed the config from the app and have been still trying to get it right to no avail. As of now, I've reverted back to the "simple" config of just tweaking my ads and hip sensitivity + smoothing.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
That's exacly what you should do.

M&KB on console will never feel the same as they do on PC. The game mechanics are different. Just adjust HIP and ADS sensitivity to that which you're most comfortable with and then play for a few weeks to create new muscle memory. If, after that time, you still struggle with aim or movement, then post back here again. You'll get loads of help and suggestions for tweaks that you can try out. Hopefully, you won't even need them.

Be aware that CoD has one of the best optimised look mechanics on console. That makes it one of the games that feels most PC-like on PS and Xbox.

Where's HL3?

Offline gameocontest

• View Profile
That's exacly what you should do.

M&KB on console will never feel the same as they do on PC. The game mechanics are different. Just adjust HIP and ADS sensitivity to that which you're most comfortable with and then play for a few weeks to create new muscle memory. If, after that time, you still struggle with aim or movement, then post back here again. You'll get loads of help and suggestions for tweaks that you can try out. Hopefully, you won't even need them.

Be aware that CoD has one of the best optimised look mechanics on console. That makes it one of the games that feels most PC-like on PS and Xbox.
I've been playing around with those settings for a while and I think I found the decent match for me with 40 hip and 50 ads at 12000 dpi. I was going to play the game without auto-aim but realized that I will still be paired up with those using auto-aim, so i decided to go back & never regretted it since.