XIM Community

Boost doesn't effect micro movements?  (Read 189 times)

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Epsilon9LIVES
  • PSN ID: x9Livesl
Boost doesn't effect micro movements?
« on: 06:41 AM - 08/04/19 »
What the title says. Not used my XIM for ages but I pulled it back out the other day for a blast and I was having issues with micro movement. Crosshair would move really slow then ramp up speed across all games I tried. I tried adding boost to keep a consistent speed but I noticed it didn't matter how much boost i added under really slow movement the boost had no effect.
Is this normal? If not, any ideas? I tried a combination of polling rates and and DPI's all suffering with same issue.
Using a Steelseries Rival 700

Online slickrick

• View Profile
Re: Boost doesn't effect micro movements?
« Reply #1 on: 07:28 AM - 08/04/19 »
what game are you playing? some games has acceleration in the in game settings like battlefield 5, try a different mouse with boost off.  long story short, no xim4 should not do that, are you on the latest game st?

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:36 AM - 08/04/19 »
Does the exact same on BF, Fortnite, Apex.
I'll dig out an old mouse out that I had to upgrade because of the pixel skipping and see if it does the same. I've tested my steelseries mouse on P.C and it responds fine.

Online slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:17 PM - 08/04/19 »
idk but with boost set to a high number theirs no micro aiming. I do no that. I've never went over 150 on boost and aim's still fine, but you can track one  close target after another without aa stopping you.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 02:55 PM - 08/04/19 »
What Boost value are you using?
What XIM4 firmware are you using?

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:55 AM - 08/05/19 »
Firmware 20181012
I've tried Boost values between 0 and 500. I can see the difference between the boost values but it doesn't seem to have an effect on slow minor movement. It's like the XIM doesn't detect properly extremely fine mouse movements and it's inconsistent. (I'm talking mouse movement where you can barely tell me I'm moving my hand)

I''m back at home today I may be able to provide a video