XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Keyboard Not Working with Xim Apex  (Read 303 times)

Offline ImNotGoodAtThings

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] Keyboard Not Working with Xim Apex
« on: 05:58 PM - 08/08/19 »
Iím aware that there is a known issue with this, so I am posting here for some clarification. I have a Corsair k95 RGB Platinum keyboard and the Xim Apex recognizes it on the app, but it doesnít work. Iíve seen people say just to get a powered USB 2.0 hub. However, nobody says more than that. Do I replace the Xim hub completely or just plug the powered hub into the Xim hub and connect everything?  I ordered a basic powered USB 2.0 Hub (like an amazon basics one) with a 5V/4A AC adapter. Will this actually solve the problem? Anybody else deal with this? Suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help. I apologize if any of that was confusing.
Also, I have tried all of the known troubleshooting stuff. I tried entering bios mode by holding windows and F1 and it didnít work.

Btw Iím on Xbox one and I use a Logitech g502 Hero thatís working perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: 09:20 AM - 08/09/19 by mist4fun »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: Keyboard Not Working with Xim Apex
« Reply #1 on: 03:22 AM - 08/09/19 »
When you say your keyboard doesn't work, does it light up? If so, have you tried using it with the lighting turned off?

If it is a power draw issue then you can either buy an externally powered USB 2.0 hub or an external power adapter: 5V 3A ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive) and connect it to the Apex hub.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard Not Working with Xim Apex
« Reply #2 on: 09:16 AM - 08/09/19 »
I ordered a basic powered USB 2.0 Hub (like an amazon basics one) with a 5V/4A AC adapter. Will this actually solve the problem?

It's possible if power is a factor, please let us know if it does.

You mentioned entering bios mode by "holding windows and f1" Are you holding the windows key or are you holding the windows lock key? It's the third small button on the right in this image. The button may be in another location but uses the same symbol.

Something else that may help is installing the latest beta that has improved hardware support. If you've installed a beta recently you have this support so this won't be needed.

To update it's necessary to update both firmware and Manager. Please read the instructions on the download page.

https://xim.tech/beta
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos