XIM Community

What is the difference between the latest official fw and SA3  (Read 270 times)

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
For the past month or so I've been going insane trying to get overwatch to feel as best as i can. Some days I feel like all is well then tomorrow comes and i can't hit a @#$% thing.

For the most part ive been using sa3 ... but i go back and fourth between sa3 and the latest build and i just want to know from a technical standpoint ..

Ive tried everything.... Ive tried linear,  all the curves.. I have games where i try new settings and i go 40-1 then next game I can't hit anything at all and i switch.. and all is well then it's a repetitive cycle!!

So i just need to know...

WHAT IS THE MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SA3 AND LATEST ?

I have become obssessed... ive spent countless hours trying to get it just right so before I go completely mad and require psychiatric help someone please help

Ive read every thread regarding xim4 and ow there is.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 04:59 AM - 08/03/19 by Rrerbacam »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
SA3 quantises input (stair-stepping), which can make getting in and out of hitboxes easier if the AA bubble has a repellent effect. It was designed for Call of Duty and may have limited to no effect in other games.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
So on the latest build how does marking steady aim in advanced differ from that of sa3?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
So on the latest build how does marking steady aim in advanced differ from that of sa3?
SA3 Steady Aim behaves differently than default firmware (matches STv1 rather than STv2 behaviour). 

STv2 was a leap in fidelity for the Smart Translator system. STv1 was less granular, which proved to be beneficial for Call of Duty AA, hence why quantisation of STv2 to STv1 levels can be helpful for the AA bubble.

Read about the various SA builds here - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=51992.0

If you want to play around with SA on XIM4, SA6 is the recommended build.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts