XIM Community

Ballistic Curve Creation Tool 2.0  (Read 2570 times)

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
Ballistic Curve Creation Tool 2.0
« on: 03:42 PM - 07/27/19 »
Edit: Looking for better file hosting options if you have any suggestions. Ideally if someone could host this so it doesn't need to be downloaded.

Ballistic Curve Creation Tool 2.01
Update 2.01: Added "LA" slider, thank you Lemon1 for the idea. Also made the two buttons larger, as they were a bit small for me on mobile.

An entire year later, I am back with a completely rewritten and revamped ballistics curve creation tool. This version has sliders, live visual updates, and can be locally hosted on your computer or even phone so you can easily paste curves into Xim Manager.

The tool can be downloaded here.

Please experiment, share curves you like here, and enjoy easy creation with a more user friendly tool than the old spreadsheet. I'll answer some common questions below, and probably continue to add to this list as more users have questions.

What is B?
B is my own version of Boost, which you should be familiar with from the advanced feature options on newer Apex firmware, or from Xim4. Boost allows your initial motion speeds to be higher, which can help you cut out of aim assist and snap from target to target.

What is SA?
SA is my own version of Steady Aim. Steady Aim limits your aim speed to specific discrete values. This helps you cut through the aim assist "bubble" and get on target faster.

How does SA cut through aim assist?
When you are approaching a target, your natural instinct is to slow down your movement as you get close. The problem is that when games have aim assist, they have this slow down built in. Your own instinct and the games aim assist compound to form this "bubble" that prevents you from getting on target. Using Steady Aim can help your Xim ignore your instinct by not slowing down the rotation when you slow down your mouse (as you stay on one of the "steps" of the curve), helping you get on target faster.

What is SAD?
SAD is Steady Aim Distribution. This value decides how the discrete "bins" are created, allowing their density to be higher or lower for higher or lower sensitivities.

What is F?
F is Fuzz. This setting can have a similar effect to SA, but it does not discretize your sensitivity and instead causes it to oscillate between fast and slow settings. If you've ever seen someone shake their aim back and forth on a target, the goal is this is to naturally give this affect of lurching aim to help cut through aim assist quickly, but it may have adverse effects on the smoothness of your aim.

What is LA?
LA is Linear After. Place the slider at the point you'd like the custom curve to end, and continue as the same good old fashioned linear curve at the same sensitivity you're used to. Great to have a curve for cutting through aim assist, but keeping similar response for those fast flicks you've been training for for your entire existence.

What are X, Y, and Z?
These are parameters that control the shape of the overall curve, and affect each mode differently. Certain modes may not be affected by all of the sliders, for example Power is only controlled with the X value and is unaffected by Y and Z.

How do I use a curve?
Click "Generate Xim Ballistics" and you should see your curve in the textbox. Select "Copy To Clipboard" and it should now be in your devices clipboard. Open up Xim Manager and paste it into the ballistics editor and you should now see the curve and be able to use it on your Xim Apex.

Have you ever though of making a curve do X?
No, but I definitely can add that feature for users to experiment with. I'm open to all suggestions in terms of added functionality and modes.

Give curve for X game.
I'm open to discussion on what features are useful for certain games, and sharing curves that you have created and are useful here, but this is not a place to request curves, it is a place for sharing them.

To Moderators: Please unsticky my previous curve creation tool and replace it with this thread. I am very tired of the incessant emails requesting for access.
« Last Edit: 05:48 PM - 08/03/19 by G502Killer »
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | 1000Hz 3200 DPI | Extremely Low Sensitivity

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
Re: Ballistic Curve Creation Tool 2.0
« Reply #1 on: 01:15 AM - 07/29/19 »
Already got a couple curves generated and pasted them into my XIM Apex. It's working great so far!
Impressive work. :)

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:25 AM - 07/29/19 »
Already got a couple curves generated and pasted them into my XIM Apex. It's working great so far!
Impressive work. :)
Thank you :)
Being able to switch between apps on my phone, testing and tweaking curves on the fly, is game changing. All the hours I used to spend creating and testing curves until getting fed up with it and just getting used to something that didn't work quite right is over. I spent an hour last night with recruit bots just testing how different features affect aim assist at different ranges.
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | 1000Hz 3200 DPI | Extremely Low Sensitivity

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:28 AM - 07/29/19 »
Thanks for this, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to use it. But it looks very promising. I never got the previous one to work.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:33 AM - 07/29/19 »
Thanks for this, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to use it. But it looks very promising. I never got the previous one to work.
The previous tool was, what's the word for it... bad. I spent a ridiculous amount of time getting the base64 encoding to work, and I didn't have the desire to try and figure out better methods to create the curve itself in google sheets.

As far as how to use this curve creation tool, would a video of how I use it be helpful? I have it open on my android chrome browser, drag the sliders to the value I want, click on generate curve, click on copy curve, then swap apps and paste the curve into my xim. I then go shoot 10 or so bots before going back to the app, drag a slider a bit more one way or the other, and repeat.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #5 on: 03:59 PM - 07/29/19 »
Wow! This is very very impressive. Going to give this a go now.

You say this is your version of steady aim. So i gather this is not how steady aim works on the official app?

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:16 PM - 07/29/19 »
Absolutely incredible work.
CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 Pro | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:31 PM - 07/29/19 »
Is it possible to change the curve at certain steps within the curve? i.e. In the previous tool you could raise the values at the 10th, 15th, 20th step within the curve.
CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 Pro | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:16 PM - 07/30/19 »
Is it possible to change the curve at certain steps within the curve? i.e. In the previous tool you could raise the values at the 10th, 15th, 20th step within the curve.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, you want to manually change a specific point on the curve? The best way to do this would be to paste and edit those points in xim manager. I'm not sure what kind of implementation I'd be able to do besides adding 50 text boxes, which kind of takes away from the simplicity of curve creation I'm going for.

Offline Lemon1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:57 PM - 07/30/19 »
Maybe I'm missing something but how do you open this on PC?

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:29 PM - 07/30/19 »
Maybe I'm missing something but how do you open this on PC?
Download the HTML file onto your computer, then in your downloads folder you should be able to just double click the file and it will open in your default browser. You should be able to bookmark the file as well.

Offline Lemon1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:31 PM - 07/31/19 »
Thanks, maybe this is a bit too specific but I'm trying to create a curve for overwatch thay would turn linear with 50 ease in (y=x^3) into linear mouse movement. Do you think your tool can create such a curve? I was messing around on one of the tools in your other posts (overwatch for h1z1) and tried y=x^(1/3) but this doesnt really match up.

I'm thinking it's actually simpler and I just need to take the differnce between the values I'd generate for y=x^3 (adjusted to 0 to 100) and the initial curve points, then add this to the points. The problem this brings is that some of the later points are greater than 100.

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:12 PM - 08/01/19 »
Thanks, maybe this is a bit too specific but I'm trying to create a curve for overwatch thay would turn linear with 50 ease in (y=x^3) into linear mouse movement. Do you think your tool can create such a curve? I was messing around on one of the tools in your other posts (overwatch for h1z1) and tried y=x^(1/3) but this doesnt really match up.
I could probably add a slider "LA" which is Linear After a certain point, so that you can have a custom curve for the first x points, then linear for the remaining. I'll try to get that done this weekend. To do x^3, you should be able to use "power" setting and set the X slider to 3. To do x^(1/3), just set the slider to 0.335. If you can draw a curve for me, or think of a function the current tool can't support, I can look into adding it for you.

The problem this brings is that some of the later points are greater than 100.
One of the big features of this tool is that it automatically scales curves to stay from 0-100, which both helps reduce the possibility of curves that produce errors, and makes it much much easier to make them. One disadvantage is that you may need to adjust your sensitivity for certain curves, as the low speed derivatives could be increased or decreased substantially by the scaling.

Offline RumorhasLt

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rumorhaslt
« Reply #13 on: 12:42 PM - 08/03/19 »
Hope to see some shared curves on here that people are having success with.. would love to try some out

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:46 PM - 08/03/19 »
Hope to see some shared curves on here that people are having success with.. would love to try some out
It could be you! This tool makes it easy for anyone to experiment with curves