XIM Community

Xim Apex power adapter  (Read 274 times)

Offline jjoao

• View Profile
Xim Apex power adapter
« on: 09:23 AM - 05/09/21 »
What is the best adapter or usb hub to buy actually ? It is because I have a battery full of the command but only that XIM disconnects and begins to appear yellow and red. By the way I was wondering how to turn off the ps4 controller light when I turn on xim apex?
« Last Edit: 10:47 AM - 05/09/21 by jjoao »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex power adapter
« Reply #1 on: 11:08 AM - 05/09/21 »
Hey,

the external power supply has to match the following specs:
5V 3A power adapter ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive)

You can type those specs into the Amazon searchbar and it should provide you with suitable options :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline jjoao

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:41 PM - 05/09/21 »
Hey,

the external power supply has to match the following specs:
5V 3A power adapter ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive)

You can type those specs into the Amazon searchbar and it should provide you with suitable options :)
I bought this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B074M6588X?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

I need to buy something else or that will be enough. I have usb hub for both ps4 ports so i want to know if i have to remove the one i have and buy another one.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:37 PM - 05/09/21 »
If you use usb hubs on your console ports then you might once again run into powerdraw issues. Im not sure how many devices you connect to that hub but those will all draw electrictiy next to the XIM you plug into it. I would suggest to connect the XIM directly to the console and/or connect usb hubs to the console that have an external power supply.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline jjoao

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:24 AM - 05/10/21 »
If you use usb hubs on your console ports then you might once again run into powerdraw issues. Im not sure how many devices you connect to that hub but those will all draw electrictiy next to the XIM you plug into it. I would suggest to connect the XIM directly to the console and/or connect usb hubs to the console that have an external power supply.
OK.Thank you. I already bought the adapter now when I get home I will see if I can solve this problem.