XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM APEX works only when controller is turned off (PS4)  (Read 252 times)

Offline TheGreekWolf1995

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TheGreekWolf1995
Greetings. I recently purchased a XIM APEX but have run into an issue. I followed the start guide but after following the steps, I realised that my XIM was not detecting my peripherals. After a bit of experimenting, I discovered that it only detects them if my controller is turned off (The lightbar is not on but my PS4 detects it.). As a result, I have been unable to use my headset and microphone by plugging them into my controller. Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: 09:10 AM - 07/24/19 by mist4fun »

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
Re: XIM APEX works only when controller is turned off (PS4)
« Reply #1 on: 02:06 PM - 07/23/19 »
Have your system set to use aux cord rather then Bluetooth? Under system settings

Also make sure your controller is fully charged and your using a data cable not just a charge cable

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM APEX works only when controller is turned off (PS4)
« Reply #2 on: 04:35 PM - 07/23/19 »
Are you using a v1 controller that only has a lightbar by the charge port? v2 controllers that have a second lightbar in the touchpad are needed to use controller voice chat with APEX.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline TheGreekWolf1995

• View Profile
Thank you for the reply. I am indeed using the V1 controller with the bar located near the charge port. I should also mention that my PS4 does not give me the option to change my  preferred Dualshock communication method to wired.

Offline TheGreekWolf1995

• View Profile
I tried experimenting with another USB cable (the one provided with my Psvr which is supposed to be a data cable) and two of my controller. Here are the results:

Test 1:

PSVR USB Cable and blue Dualshock

I plug in my XIM while my controller is turned off. It turns on, and I select my PSN profile. I can only navigate using my controller. Sometimes, if I press a couple of buttons on my keyboard, the PS4 asks me to select my user again. When I do, I can use my peripherals but my controller turns off.

Test 2:

PSVR USB Cable and black Dualshock

Pretty much the same as the case above but sometimes when I press the PS button, it just detects the controller without turning it on and my peripherals work.

The controllers work in both of the cases when turned off

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately APEX doesn't support controller connected chat with v1 controller types. It's also normal for controller lights to turn off when connected to XIM.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos