XIM Community

AIMING ISSUE  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Apexhunter
AIMING ISSUE
« on: 11:22 PM - 07/23/19 »
This may sound odd but no matter what game i play , be it destiny or apex legends.When i place my crosshair while ads ing at a point on a WALL , something just pushes my aim away initially while strafing . Later it turns out to be fine. Whats happening here?

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: AIMING ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: 11:46 PM - 07/23/19 »
This may sound odd but no matter what game i play , be it destiny or apex legends.When i place my crosshair while ads ing at a point on a WALL , something just pushes my aim away initially while strafing . Later it turns out to be fine. Whats happening here?
With or without touching the mouse?
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:50 PM - 07/23/19 »
While trying to aim with the mouse

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:59 PM - 07/23/19 »
While trying to aim with the mouse
More than likely it's something that you're doing yourself. When you strafe the goal is to keep the crosshair on a fixed point even though your moving in the opposite direction of that point. So when you strafe left the mouse should be going right and vice versa when you begin strafing to the right. Walls don't have Aim Assist so nothing should be pushing you away. It's likely the way you're moving your mouse. Try the same thing using bots and see if it happens.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:06 AM - 07/24/19 »
I try my best to stay on the target , as i said it happens just initially later on it stays just fine on the point am aiming at . After few seconds , the reticle sway just disappears completely.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:18 AM - 07/24/19 »
I try my best to stay on the target , as i said it happens just initially later on it stays just fine on the point am aiming at . After few seconds , the reticle sway just disappears completely.
When I'm testing my aim on a target that has no Aim Assist I usually make sure the target is at a distance my opponent would be if I would encounter him. So at least
15 feet away. And I'm usually looking for micro movements to be smooth while shooting from that distance. I never walk up to a wall and strafe left or right close range to measure micromovents because you shouldn't be aiming down sight at that range. That's hip fire range. But, the reticle shouldn't "disappear" so I have no clue what's going on, and will leave this one up to the rest of the community. If it works in-game I wouldn't worry about it.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #6 on: 03:17 AM - 07/24/19 »
Sounds like a deadzone issue to me.

If your deadzone is set too large then your reticle won't move when you begin to move the mouse. Once your mouse velocity has moved it outside the deadzone your reticle will seem to jump as your mouse is now moving faster than you would expect it to move initially.

As you're getting this problem in two different games it may due to Boost. Boost artificially increases the analogue stick's deadzone. What value is it currently set to?

Both Destiny and AL have slow turn speeds, but we'll look at that if lowering Boost doesn't work.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #7 on: 04:46 AM - 07/24/19 »
Try it with your controller. Perhaps one of your analogue sticks is  starting to go. Happens for sure especially if itís been used a lot or just a faulty controller. I have one controller on my PS3 thatís had a rather large amount of abuse and if I use that one with the Xim I get that same feeling

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:00 PM - 07/28/19 »
Have you looked into ADS delay ? I always have mine set to a 0. If you have high hip fire sensitive and low ADS sensitivity this may be the issue.

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:23 AM - 07/29/19 »
I have set ads delay to 150 and boost to 0

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:36 PM - 07/29/19 »
Hello ! Just a lil update , increasing SAB on ADS profile to 120 on destiny 2 with a boost value of 150 , fixed the issue somewhat. Now reticleís initial sway is almost gone
« Last Edit: 10:58 PM - 07/29/19 by Reushine »

Admin