XIM Community

Apex legends st needs to be retrained  (Read 2883 times)

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Apex legends st needs to be retrained
« Reply #30 on: 07:48 AM - 07/24/19 »
It always comes down to the same issue,  Aim Assist.
Which has nothing to do with the actual ST and we already have a bunch of options to tweak this.

Maybe some people don't like the way aiming feels in general, but those are a big minority. 
Would it be warranted to retrain with advanced settings for a Linear ST?  I doubt it.

People would still be missing shots because they aren't perfect, and would still be blaming the new ST. 
Also all the people that are used to the feel of the Classic response curve would be having to adjust.
Two different ST's is the only option here IMO, which may create confusion among new users.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #31 on: 08:40 AM - 07/24/19 »
WarCat, thank you for putting in all this time to help like this! It very much appreciated.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Tetsurobash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Apollo_ZuEs_LeTo
« Reply #32 on: 03:04 PM - 07/27/19 »
It always comes down to the same issue,  Aim Assist.
Which has nothing to do with the actual ST and we already have a bunch of options to tweak this.

Maybe some people don't like the way aiming feels in general, but those are a big minority. 
Would it be warranted to retrain with advanced settings for a Linear ST?  I doubt it.

People would still be missing shots because they aren't perfect, and would still be blaming the new ST. 
Also all the people that are used to the feel of the Classic response curve would be having to adjust.
Two different ST's is the only option here IMO, which may create confusion among new users.

Instead of a retrain what if we were provided to setting i.e. dead zone response curve and thresholds in advanced settings so that we could still keep the original st intact but still be able to use the sliders in game to adjust sensitivity? That way people canít complain about performance and blaming it on the way the game was trained.

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03:37 PM - 07/27/19 »
Instead of a retrain what if we were provided to setting i.e. dead zone response curve and thresholds in advanced settings so that we could still keep the original st intact but still be able to use the sliders in game to adjust sensitivity? That way people canít complain about performance and blaming it on the way the game was trained.

I'm pretty sure you can just keep all the advanced ingame settings at default, and adjust the sensitivity sliders, you will still match the original st this way.
Not sure what the point of that is though? :o
People that don't like the way aiming feels with the current ST won't benefit from that.  They would want a different response curve that has a ST trained specifically for that curve.
This is one thing that using a XIM limits you on atm because Game Developers are adding these response curve options for a reason. Some people don't like your classic exponential feeling.
Even amongst the top ranked  Apex Legends players on controller you see some divide between Steady Aim / Classic / Linear.
Unfortunately we can only use these by using Generic configs. Which are very hard to perfect they just never feel as good as they do when mist releases them.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06:54 AM - 07/28/19 »
I personally think the ST feels Awesome after adding my setup to it. The ST feels 1:1 which always seems sluggish and floaty to me. But my setup fixes that and addresses AA as well.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Hdparsons3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Indianat0nes
« Reply #35 on: 07:28 AM - 08/15/19 »
Thanks guys for the long responses but still no. Both pubg and titanfall 2 shoot better than apex legends st. Pubg has a tighter ads and titanfall 2 has better aim assist response I sat d1sables current settings season 2 next to pubg 12k dpi  -hip default 11.16 no smoothing no steady no sab. ADS default 2.72 no smoothing no steady 106 SAB I encourage you to do the same, and this is just one I made in 5 minutes to show the difference between the two y'all feel it out and then figure out where the problem is. Take it to the training range and strafe with the r99 on the dinkus standing there and switch back and forth between the two profiles and notice how it's ever so slightly easier to keep it on target with pubg. In my opinion the ratio between hip and ads seems further apart on pubg which may be why there's better control it's like ads is tighter I don't know but I shouldn't be getting better results on pubg it's the difference between a 5 kill game and a 15 kill game for me it's extremely noticeable because people have gotten accurate and you need that suction aim assist to sink the whole clip and put people down when you first see them it's part of the meta you're talking about. In order to consistently 3v1 a team and not die you have to be able to put one down instantly and pick them off after that without aim assist you basically wiff every 3rd or 4th 301 shot from ads jiggle and then bam you're dead because bud and Jeff know where you are now too after you ruined the first stream so target A runs and heals while bud and Jeff stick it in your already stinging bum.

Offline tkon

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09:31 AM - 08/15/19 »
It seems it would be worth revisiting, no?

Offline jujupaster

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:19 AM - 08/16/19 »
So a new st will come out?

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04:43 AM - 08/16/19 »
Why would you guys need a new ST? This comes right out of the box amazing. You can't fix potato aim. You all have EVERY necessary tools to fix any issue with your xim performance. If you can not figure out how to control your device, their is over thousands of threads posted that can help you in the slightest way.

My advice to the people who thinks apex needs to be retrained.

- STOP MESSING WITH BALLISTIC CURVES.
- Increase your smoothing
- TURN YOUR SAB OFF!
- Increase X/Y value
- Add boost
- Play with 7, 7 CLASSIC
- FOV on 104

I have zero issues with aim assist
« Last Edit: 05:51 AM - 08/16/19 by havoxxx »

Always streaming, Click the spinning logo!

Offline Omarf826

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11:28 AM - 08/16/19 »
Thanks guys for the long responses but still no. Both pubg and titanfall 2 shoot better than apex legends st. Pubg has a tighter ads and titanfall 2 has better aim assist response I sat d1sables current settings season 2 next to pubg 12k dpi  -hip default 11.16 no smoothing no steady no sab. ADS default 2.72 no smoothing no steady 106 SAB I encourage you to do the same, and this is just one I made in 5 minutes to show the difference between the two y'all feel it out and then figure out where the problem is. Take it to the training range and strafe with the r99 on the dinkus standing there and switch back and forth between the two profiles and notice how it's ever so slightly easier to keep it on target with pubg. In my opinion the ratio between hip and ads seems further apart on pubg which may be why there's better control it's like ads is tighter I don't know but I shouldn't be getting better results on pubg it's the difference between a 5 kill game and a 15 kill game for me it's extremely noticeable because people have gotten accurate and you need that suction aim assist to sink the whole clip and put people down when you first see them it's part of the meta you're talking about. In order to consistently 3v1 a team and not die you have to be able to put one down instantly and pick them off after that without aim assist you basically wiff every 3rd or 4th 301 shot from ads jiggle and then bam you're dead because bud and Jeff know where you are now too after you ruined the first stream so target A runs and heals while bud and Jeff stick it in your already stinging bum.

Haha facts, iíve missed multiple squad wipes because of inconsistency with AA in apex st i can second this, and when you come up against ppl who are good in ranked(diamond) they will out strafe your bullets left and right and u will miss most of ur shots, I've basically made a disabled version of pubg st and i can confirm it works better than the actual st on 7/7 default classic curve.. barely run into someone who can outstrafe my bullets when its right on target leading the shot..

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #40 on: 01:32 PM - 08/16/19 »
The only problem I have is server lag garbage.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #41 on: 03:08 AM - 08/17/19 »
I don't doubt that you get more success with your own settings... because we all do. Every AL XIMmer has created their own settings; a few from scratch and many by using somebody else's config and tweaking it to their preferences. I published my own settings in the spring, which were based on the default ST, but now use a modified version of HCC's settings, built on the Generic Alpha.
We tweak because we want the setting to feel perfect. But you're asking for a complete retrain. Retraining is only of any use when a game's look mechanic has changed. As soon as there is evidence that that has happened I'll add my full-throated support to your request. Until then, I'll just keep quiet and carry on tweaking.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica AD700, Modmic 5, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Hdparsons3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Indianat0nes
« Reply #42 on: 06:38 AM - 08/19/19 »
It's a magnetic thing. If you're not good enough to feel the difference don't bother. Basically run your cursor sideways across your teammates silhouette or an enemy at a distance and watch the cursor magnetize ever so slightly to their body. You'll feel ads tighten up and become slightly slower and if your hip or ads is too high or too low it won't perform properly and if the hip/ads ratio on a st is messed up or there's too much or too little boost in the st before adjusting your initial settings on the profile like the actual xy ratio before adjust it on your xim manager then I think that also has something to do with how the aim assist performs. Someone somewhere said that titanfall 2 has boost or something already on it and to add boost to the apex legends st to get the same feel. If this is the case there is something wrong with the initial build that doesn't feel proper and I'm saying the xim team needs to seriously take a second look at it because it's simply not right I don't care what yall say I sit here and play this game 12 hours a day nonstop. I can smell an octane fart from 900 meters and I can dang sure feel out a turd profile. I have done boost xy smoothing all of that and none of it does anything other than make me slightly less accurate. The best settings I have found are 1 to 1 without anything and spending hours in the training range going up and down .01 on both hip and ads but it still isn't right and I understand if there wasn't anything y'all could do about it but when pubg and titanfall 2 feel better there is obviously some developer thing that could be touched on but all I keep hearing is excuses as to why the job isn't getting done like no 8/8 is not what it's trained on no the look mechanic isn't th3 same go to the training range for 10 seconds max and you can instantly tell the differ3nce I mean come on at this point

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #43 on: 08:02 AM - 08/19/19 »
Fair enough but your wall of text to super hard to read. Please include punctuation and paragraphs

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #44 on: 09:06 AM - 08/19/19 »
It's a magnetic thing. If you're not good enough to feel the difference don't bother. Basically run your cursor sideways across your teammates silhouette or an enemy at a distance and watch the cursor magnetize ever so slightly to their body. You'll feel ads tighten up and become slightly slower and if your hip or ads is too high or too low it won't perform properly and if the hip/ads ratio on a st is messed up or there's too much or too little boost in the st before adjusting your initial settings on the profile like the actual xy ratio before adjust it on your xim manager then I think that also has something to do with how the aim assist performs. Someone somewhere said that titanfall 2 has boost or something already on it and to add boost to the apex legends st to get the same feel. If this is the case there is something wrong with the initial build that doesn't feel proper and I'm saying the xim team needs to seriously take a second look at it because it's simply not right I don't care what yall say I sit here and play this game 12 hours a day nonstop. I can smell an octane fart from 900 meters and I can dang sure feel out a turd profile. I have done boost xy smoothing all of that and none of it does anything other than make me slightly less accurate. The best settings I have found are 1 to 1 without anything and spending hours in the training range going up and down .01 on both hip and ads but it still isn't right and I understand if there wasn't anything y'all could do about it but when pubg and titanfall 2 feel better there is obviously some developer thing that could be touched on but all I keep hearing is excuses as to why the job isn't getting done like no 8/8 is not what it's trained on no the look mechanic isn't th3 same go to the training range for 10 seconds max and you can instantly tell the differ3nce I mean come on at this point
Wut?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica AD700, Modmic 5, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!