XIM Community

Question/Idea on R6S ST for XIM Devs  (Read 5404 times)

Offline Sploogely

• View Profile
Re: Question/Idea on R6S ST for XIM Devs
« Reply #30 on: 06:23 PM - 07/24/19 »
Is everyone making absolutely sure that their in-game settings are correct and match http://xim.tech/settings when using .5?

I'd like to point out how poor of a game developer Ubisoft is by the way. To date they have yet to produce an aiming system that isn't horrible on any game that they have ever shipped. This is the reason this debate is going on -- that is which translator is less worse with dealing with Ubisoft's mess.
I understand your guys issue with this exact thing (poor mechanics) but to answer your question I have put all my in game settings to the correct XIM recommended settings but still 4.4 felt a lot better.

Offline Sploogely

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06:26 PM - 07/24/19 »
People who are happy with 4.3 are unlikely to chime in here, so to help bolster the stats -- I thought 4.4 was horrific. The pixel skipping was really bad.
Iíve also never had a pixel skipping problem I have it more with the current ST
Itís weird how some people have problems with 4.4 such as yourself but some have problems with 4.5 like me when we are talking in the terms of micro movement and pixel skipping. I just feel that 4.4 was much easier to lock in moving targets such as spawn peeking as one person said and also aiming around corners and hitting targets quick. Like one said on another thread I just wish there could be some in between for both the people who like 4.4 and those that prefer 4.3/4.5

Offline Baileyk599

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kam Too Liberal
« Reply #32 on: 06:41 PM - 07/24/19 »
People who are happy with 4.3 are unlikely to chime in here, so to help bolster the stats -- I thought 4.4 was horrific. The pixel skipping was really bad.
Iíve also never had a pixel skipping problem I have it more with the current ST
Itís weird how some people have problems with 4.4 such as yourself but some have problems with 4.5 like me when we are talking in the terms of micro movement and pixel skipping. I just feel that 4.4 was much easier to lock in moving targets such as spawn peeking as one person said and also aiming around corners and hitting targets quick. Like one said on another thread I just wish there could be some in between for both the people who like 4.4 and those that prefer 4.3/4.5

Could not have said it any better!!!

Offline DA57

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08:10 PM - 07/24/19 »
Removed quote

ADS in-game setting to 83 makes HIP & ADS 1:1. Didn't know that. Is that for both ACOG and HOLO sights?

Anyone else do the same?

Can I just ask how you found that out?

So on PC, 83.3 ADS to be exact, makes 1x sights (sorry, i forgot to specify that in the original comment, will edit) 1:1 with hip sensitivity. ACOG cannot be 1:1 (with in-game ADS settings only) since XFactorAiming cannot be changed on console. (This is where XIM sens you need to be adjusted to get acog 1:1 with hip). I didn't necessarily find it out on my own, just took my knowledge of PC sens and decided to see if it applies here as well. It appears that console still uses the same default multipliers as PC, so I believe that's why these ratios still apply.

Here's a link that covers various sens related ratios: https://www.reddit.com/r/SiegeAcademy/comments/bmo97r/ It's not the OG link, but this one covers a little more regarding FOV and reference points. FWIW, its all PC related, but the majority if not all of it should work with XIM too. FWIW, I normally use mouse/360 distance to match sensitivities between games.

Its measurable in-game via simply measuring out your hip 180 or 360 distance, or starting from one end of your mousepad and blocking off where you end. Then ADS and go back to the edge of your mousepad. You should go back to the same reference point in-game (ie: facing one of the compass directions). With that said, on XIM the acceleration makes it slightly difficult as the precision of sensitivity distance is affected by how fast you move your mouse. On PC, its much more consistent, as mouse movement speed doesn't affect overall distance to 180 or 360, but just how fast you get to that point.

I personally do 83 ADS over finding the appropriate XIM sens at 100 in-game ADS because its easier to just use the same number than trial and error the XIM value. Plus this keeps my sens as close to my PC sens as possible.
« Last Edit: 11:26 PM - 07/24/19 by DA57 »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #34 on: 10:22 PM - 07/24/19 »
We are taking another look at this game.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Baileyk599

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11:26 PM - 07/24/19 »

Thank you, hopefully the developers can get to the bottom of this and make everybody happy after the conclusion of their finding.

Offline Sploogely

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12:45 AM - 07/25/19 »
Thank you for being helpful as always man. Keep us updated with anything good or bad for those that liked 4.4 like myself. I just want the best aiming system you guys can give us within the limits of the look mechanics. Iím my own opinion I think an ST with the updated control rotation will be the best because it will get rid of the quick acceleration that the original controller rotation has.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #37 on: 11:47 AM - 07/25/19 »
This one is especially difficult since the aiming system is so poor, but, we will try to improve on it.

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SkubaniecTSARGA
« Reply #38 on: 12:03 PM - 07/25/19 »

Don't forget to check the time-based acceleration - if different between classic and updated, could explain why some users preferred the other ST.

Offline Hamiiii

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09:49 AM - 07/26/19 »
I'm new here so not sure whats going on so can someone please help me. What is the difference bettween .3 .4 and .5 and how do I check which version my configs are on? Thanks

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #40 on: 10:19 AM - 07/26/19 »
I'm new here so not sure whats going on so can someone please help me. What is the difference bettween .3 .4 and .5 and how do I check which version my configs are on? Thanks

Welcome, and sorry for the confusion. :)

These are version numbers of XIM translator support. Typically games only have a single revision of translator, but, Ubisoft keeps changing aiming behavior of R6S. The last version was .3 but we released an update (.4) when they put out their latest round of aiming changes. The XIM community pushed back and so we re-released .3 (but called it .5) and now the community is pushing back on that. :)

The real problem is that Ubisoft is really bad at designing aiming systems so it's difficult to make XIM aiming great for this game when it's built in aiming mechanics are poor.

Offline Hamiiii

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11:38 AM - 07/26/19 »

Welcome, and sorry for the confusion. :)

These are version numbers of XIM translator support. Typically games only have a single revision of translator, but, Ubisoft keeps changing aiming behavior of R6S. The last version was .3 but we released an update (.4) when they put out their latest round of aiming changes. The XIM community pushed back and so we re-released .3 (but called it .5) and now the community is pushing back on that. :)

The real problem is that Ubisoft is really bad at designing aiming systems so it's difficult to make XIM aiming great for this game when it's built in aiming mechanics are poor.

Ok thanks for clearing it up for me. Is there anyway to see which version I am using in the Xim app?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #42 on: 12:59 PM - 07/26/19 »
Yes, you can tap the center of the game's box art in Manager.

Offline Hamiiii

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03:04 PM - 07/26/19 »
Cheers for all the help :)

Offline Baileyk599

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10:48 PM - 07/26/19 »
Any progress?

Admin