XIM Community

[Q/A] PS4 Controller  (Read 242 times)

Offline exxport

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: exxport
[Q/A] PS4 Controller
« on: 07:47 PM - 08/08/19 »
So i just ordered my xim apex and i just have a couple clarification questions about the product and how i can use it. So first question is i see that you can download game configs and adjust the settings of that config to your personal preference for that game, and all the videos i watched people used keyboards for lets say call of duty to play it. Would those config settings be implemented to my controller if i wanted to use a controller on call of duty. For example, lets say I went into my call of duty game config and increase the aim assist, would my aim assist be increased if i used a controller on the game and not a keyboard?
« Last Edit: 09:11 AM - 08/09/19 by mist4fun »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: PS4 Controller
« Reply #1 on: 03:01 AM - 08/09/19 »
i see that you can download game configs and adjust the settings of that config to your personal preference for that game, and all the videos i watched people used keyboards for lets say call of duty to play it. Would those config settings be implemented to my controller if i wanted to use a controller on call of duty.
Welcome to the forum, exxport.

Yes. You use Apex Manager to map your controller buttons to keyboard or mouse keys/buttons. As your controller stays plugged into your console via the XIM, you can swap to your controller mid-game if you want to.

lets say I went into my call of duty game config and increase the aim assist, would my aim assist be increased if i used a controller on the game and not a keyboard?
I'm afraid there is no setting to increase aim assist with the XIM, just like there is no setting to increase it with the controller.

Many XIMmers want to maximise aim assst but they cannot increase it beyond the strength that is coded into the game. Most users try to simply get aim assist to work with them, rather than against them (in many cases aim assist slow-down makes mouse aiming feel sluggish when trying to get on target. Rotational aim assist may pull the crosshairs off an intended target.). Players coming to XIM from PC often try to negate aim assist in order to get the closest feeling to PC aiming that they can.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!