XIM Community

Xim has ruined me  (Read 1636 times)

Offline SwipeFPS

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Classified.
Xim has ruined me
« on: 03:49 AM - 07/21/19 »
I originally bought the xim to make the switch to pc easier. I have been using the xim for about a year now and recently decided to switch to PC. I have come to realized how much aim assist really helped me with the xim on console and now find myself playing PC with the xim. The whole point in me switching to PC was to not have to use the xim anymore. I just cant adjust to it. I didn't realize how much the xim has held my hand until I built a PC. Has anyone else switched to PC from using xim? IS any one in this forum a PC gamer and has some tips to get better at PC without the xim? BTW the xim works amazing on the PC even better then it does on console IMO.

Offline 1ME

• View Profile
Re: Xim has ruined me
« Reply #1 on: 04:21 AM - 07/21/19 »
-Dont do both at the same time

-Practice.

I also play with completly different settings when I play pc (low sens), because there's no aim assist which does all of the work.
The problem is as soon as you switch to xim again, your fine aiming and precision muscle memory gets erased really quick.

Mainly playing CoD   ▪   1600dpi   ▪   Default sync   ▪   1000hz
Play fair, have fun

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:28 AM - 07/21/19 »
I've played PC only for many years before I got a XIM,  I got it back in the day for MW2 because the game was just way more popular on console, and i sticked with it for every other cod that came out.

Going back to PC for H1Z1 was a nightmare even though I've had the muscle memory build from before I went to console. It was completely ruined.

Playing with a XIM is like walking around with a crutch really,  the aim assist makes you lazy because I would notice my snap on was still perfect but my tracking just wasn't there. Once I started putting in more effort into my tracking I got immediate improvements.  Also if you're used to high sensitivity that won't transfer well.  On PC id never use any sens above full mousepad for a 360 to stay competitive.

My solution was simply not playing on console anymore and using strictly native m&k on PC,  Playing a lot of different shooters with fast paced action like CSGO TDM and overwatch while using a similar sensitivity (full mousepad/360)
Keep practicing for months on and you will eventually start getting good.  One thing is for sure PC has way more sweaty players compared to console which is open to almost everyone because of the low cost.
XIM on PC Id say don't do it and in games where it would be op like COD it doesn't work. They disable Aim assist for controllers.  Fortnite , Apex legends and Destiny are the only ones that haven't done this yet and IMO thats because it simply isn't better than native m&k or controller in those games.
Once the whine posts hit on reddit (like for overwatch) it would be gone aswell and then you're even more behind.
« Last Edit: 04:45 AM - 07/21/19 by The prodigy »

Offline 1ME

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:34 AM - 07/21/19 »
And keep in mind that it's really hard to reproduce the "aa tracking". IMO that's the most difficult part.
Pointing and clicking on an enemy and hitting one shot is easy, but being able to stick on that enemy, especially when he's moving, is very hard. That is something that I have to relearn every time I switch to pc.

In cod pc, the most fast paced mainstream fps, tier 1 players do not hit every bullet and miss shots on a regular basis. That's just how it is without aa.

Mainly playing CoD   ▪   1600dpi   ▪   Default sync   ▪   1000hz
Play fair, have fun

Offline SwipeFPS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:10 AM - 07/21/19 »
That is completely it. its harder to track enemies on PC but aiming in general is easy. I really need to make myself stay away from it. I get frustrated sometimes and just plug it in. I played with a low sense on xim and now even lower on PC. PC apex legends I use a 400 dpi with .4 ads so its really low. Thanks for the reply's. It really gave me motivation to just get better instead of giving up. Im glad i am not alone with this.   

Offline WarCat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:45 AM - 07/21/19 »
I use Kovaaks Aim trainer and Aim Lab, keeps me fresh for PC and XIM

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:26 PM - 07/21/19 »
IMO the whole: "I got XIM to make the switch to PC" is absurd. (I'm, not saying you're absurd not try to offend you) the idea is nonsense.

You know what is the best way to switch to PC?, just get a frikking gaming PC and play, that's it, grind it everybody has it.

OK you develop a crutch with the Aim Asssit, that's why in part, why some of PC gamers/Ximers we encourage to others to no use Aim Assist or reduce it as possible.

But even though if you haven't use any aim assist, is not going to be an easy change.

specially if you have a capable above 100fps gaming PC, there is a bunch of other factors:
On your end:
- Fastest almost no-input lag (present on consoles)
- Faster fluid gameplay, higher fps
- True native mouse tracking
- More complex keyboard bindings.

External:
- Potentially better servers
- Players with a very good aim
- More savy players (game understanding)
- Cheaters (hacks, aimbots, etc).

Did you guys know that is more easy to teach women to shoot and handle firearms that men?
The reason is, they don't have bad habits are clean. We as boys develop many by playing as a children with or hands, slingshots, nerfguns, etc.

So your memory muscle is mess up, fix it. Stop playing on console, don't go aimbooster, play the game you need to be good at and practice practice practice. Just find a right sensitivity, remove all mouse acceleration from your game, OS and go for it.

I suggest to stop to blame something else to your fuckkups, XIM didn't ruin you; you did it by relying on aim assist, by the same token you are the only one who can fix it. Go for it.

-That's right, I agree with everybody here: playing on low sensitivity will be easier for you to develop your aim.  ;)

Enjoy the ride!
« Last Edit: 01:45 PM - 07/21/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline HansZimmer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:38 PM - 07/21/19 »
For me XIM feels so different from PC that I never need to adjust, its two different muscle memories, the XIM one has a muscle memory adapted to compensate the aim assist while the PC one knows theres no crutch, but there is very fine, smooth movement and little input lag.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 03:29 PM - 07/21/19 »
That's pretty harsh alan  ??? He's suggesting "XIM has ruined me" in a good way. It's a complement, not an insult  ;)

Many console gamers have never used a mouse & keyboard before in shooters. XIM is an affordable gateway to PC and whilst there are differences, it's a pretty close match. I can appreciate that once a console gamer gets used to m/kb, it's only natural to want to upgrade to PC. But the learning curve starts all over again without AA as a crutch.

I was a PC gamer for decades before buying a XIM. I went from PC to console because I wanted a simpler gaming fix than having to deal with Blue Screens of Death, hackers and the eternal hardware upgrade cycle. I've owned a gaming rig the whole time, but I can't recall the last time I spent any more than an hour or two a month playing PC games. It's not because my aim sucks, it's because consoles are truly plug-and-play.
« Last Edit: 03:34 PM - 07/21/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:07 PM - 07/21/19 »
That's pretty harsh alan  ??? He's suggesting "XIM has ruined me" in a good way. It's a complement, not an insult  ;)

Well, not my intention; a culture clash kind of thing I guess. Where I am from, we are very truthful, outspoken non- political correct; we do not 'mince words' either, for us that's deceitful. My foreign friends like that trait on me, on our meet ups I'm the one hugging everybody (funny how uncomfortable British gets), and calling it on their bs.

If I overreacted, I apologize. I'm of sick of hearing millennial victimize tune song.

I'm old too, on my generation: ourselves value was based on our work ethic, were you have to earn your value by hard work and taking responsibility of your actions, not because mommy say that you are special and everybody else is who to blame when you are not getting what you want.

SwipeFPS, XIM on PC frikkin really? OK get it if is out of curiosity. I'm sure can do better without it. Is totally your choice if you want to ride that train, (exploiting Aim Assist on PC with XIM) you might never reach your full potential.
Anyways is your toy.

Like my neighbor's kid playing with a dildo thinking is a space rocket.

Offline SwipeFPS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:02 PM - 07/21/19 »
IMO the whole: "I got XIM to make the switch to PC" is absurd. (I'm, not saying you're absurd not try to offend you) the idea is nonsense.

You know what is the best way to switch to PC?, just get a frikking gaming PC and play, that's it, grind it everybody has it.

OK you develop a crutch with the Aim Asssit, that's why in part, why some of PC gamers/Ximers we encourage to others to no use Aim Assist or reduce it as possible.

But even though if you haven't use any aim assist, is not going to be an easy change.

specially if you have a capable above 100fps gaming PC, there is a bunch of other factors:
On your end:
- Fastest almost no-input lag (present on consoles)
- Faster fluid gameplay, higher fps
- True native mouse tracking
- More complex keyboard bindings.

External:
- Potentially better servers
- Players with a very good aim
- More savy players (game understanding)
- Cheaters (hacks, aimbots, etc).

Did you guys know that is more easy to teach women to shoot and handle firearms that men?
The reason is, they don't have bad habits are clean. We as boys develop many by playing as a children with or hands, slingshots, nerfguns, etc.

So your memory muscle is mess up, fix it. Stop playing on console, don't go aimbooster, play the game you need to be good at and practice practice practice. Just find a right sensitivity, remove all mouse acceleration from your game, OS and go for it.

I suggest to stop to blame something else to your fuckkups, XIM didn't ruin you; you did it by relying on aim assist, by the same token you are the only one who can fix it. Go for it.

-That's right, I agree with everybody here: playing on low sensitivity will be easier for you to develop your aim.  ;)

Enjoy the ride!
  Dont make this forum like reddit. Try not to be toxic please. I simply couldn't afford a PC at the time but i knew I was getting one with in that year. I would plug it in when I got aggravated. Looking for the easy way out. To counter that crutch I have actually gave away my xim to a friend. Not yet lol but I am going too.
« Last Edit: 06:07 PM - 07/21/19 by SwipeFPS »

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:08 PM - 07/21/19 »
What's games on console were you using it on? Games like cod, destiny and Apex legends have Legendary tier aim assist

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:44 PM - 07/21/19 »
I have to agree with Alan on this one. It gets old. I'm an old school guy myself and when I get a pc there will be no use of my xim on it. I will put time into it and become the best that I'm capable of being. I do understand the point of this post though. He's taken ownership. But to continue to handicap yourself for AA on pc is ridiculous. If I get destroyed on pc until I get better that's just how it will be. But I will return the favor once im not longer a noob. The younger generation will just need to learn some perseverance and understand that nothing is easy. You can get all of the advice in world, but until you put the work in the results will never show. That's why professional athletes train and train everyday. Because words don't produce results, actions do.
« Last Edit: 07:51 PM - 07/21/19 by GamingNerd »
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline SwipeFPS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:01 PM - 07/21/19 »
I have to agree with Alan on this one. It gets old. I'm an old school guy myself and when I get a pc there will be no use of my xim on it. I will put time into it and become the best that I'm capable of being. I do understand the point of this post though. He's taken ownership. But to continue to handicap yourself for AA on pc is ridiculous. If I get destroyed on pc until I get better that's just how it will be. But I will return the favor once im not longer a noob. The younger generation will just need to learn some perseverance and understand that nothing is easy. You can get all of the advice in world, but until you put the work in the results will never show. That's why professional athletes train and train everyday. Because words don't produce results, actions do.
to be fair the comments I have gotten has motivated me to get better. When your really good a something and then your really not. Its hard to adjust to the fact that you just suck

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:03 AM - 07/22/19 »
I'm not being toxic, I'm honest OK? deal with it.

Quote from: GamingNerd
Because words don't produce results, actions do.
Well said.

Quote from: SwipeFPS
to be fair the comments I have gotten has motivated me to get better.
And that was exactly my intention. You just don't sugar pill warriors before release them on battlefield right?.

Go for it, claim your aim get that skill, don't give up to frustration is the only thing stopping you.

Admin