XIM Community

Xim has ruined me  (Read 2818 times)

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim has ruined me
« Reply #15 on: 08:40 PM - 07/24/19 »
how do you use the xim on pc and whats the benefit?  Does it think you are using a controller and therefor give you aim assist?  Does it only match you up with other controller users?  Do you use the game profile still and if so what console do you choose? Anyone have info on this Id like to test it. For example how would I use xim on pc for pubg?

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:19 PM - 07/24/19 »
how do you use the xim on pc and whats the benefit?  Does it think you are using a controller and therefor give you aim assist?  Does it only match you up with other controller users?  Do you use the game profile still and if so what console do you choose? Anyone have info on this Id like to test it. For example how would I use xim on pc for pubg?

You just plug it in with a genuine xbox controller and it works as on console,   Benefits are Aim Assist in games that have it enabled for controller (Fortnite , Apex Legends , Destiny).   You will play against PC players with native mnk/controller.

For PUBG there is zero benefit as the game doesn't have any kind of aim assist for controllers. You will just have a worse aim mechanic than native mnk.
Games like COD / Overwatch on PC have Aim Assist for controllers disabled because it was being exploited by XIM and other adapters in this way and word got around on reddit.  AA in both these was really strong and with the increased FPS it feels like aimbot almost you will destroy anyone not using it.

On Destiny id say it's the most OP because that game has Bullet magnetism in it's Aim Assist,  which means that even if you're slightly missing the bullets still bend towards the hitbox. You can laser native MNK with ARS using a XIM or controller here. 

Fortnite is definitely a candidate where you could see some benefits in gunfights over native mnk.  Once you get used to the building which is less good than on native mnk, the Aim Assist and bloom for controllers definitely can be better than native mnk (mainly AR spray).

Apex Legends the ST doesn't really work for PC when I tried it. Felt choppy.
« Last Edit: 09:26 PM - 07/24/19 by The prodigy »

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:37 PM - 07/24/19 »

Well, not my intention; a culture clash kind of thing I guess. Where I am from, we are very truthful, outspoken non- political correct; we do not 'mince words' either, for us that's deceitful.

This is how I grew up, sadly most canít handle the truth anymore.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:27 PM - 07/24/19 »

You just plug it in with a genuine xbox controller and it works as on console,   Benefits are Aim Assist in games that have it enabled for controller (Fortnite , Apex Legends , Destiny).   You will play against PC players with native mnk/controller.

For PUBG there is zero benefit as the game doesn't have any kind of aim assist for controllers. You will just have a worse aim mechanic than native mnk.
Games like COD / Overwatch on PC have Aim Assist for controllers disabled because it was being exploited by XIM and other adapters in this way and word got around on reddit.  AA in both these was really strong and with the increased FPS it feels like aimbot almost you will destroy anyone not using it.

On Destiny id say it's the most OP because that game has Bullet magnetism in it's Aim Assist,  which means that even if you're slightly missing the bullets still bend towards the hitbox. You can laser native MNK with ARS using a XIM or controller here. 

Fortnite is definitely a candidate where you could see some benefits in gunfights over native mnk.  Once you get used to the building which is less good than on native mnk, the Aim Assist and bloom for controllers definitely can be better than native mnk (mainly AR spray).

Apex Legends the ST doesn't really work for PC when I tried it. Felt choppy.

Thanks for the info very interesting.  So do you pick the game translator?  If so im assuming you use xbox when using xbox controller ?

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01:39 AM - 07/25/19 »
Thanks for the info very interesting.  So do you pick the game translator?  If so im assuming you use xbox when using xbox controller ?

Yes I recommend going for the XBOX st's on PC but theres no harm in trying ps4 aswell.

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #20 on: 06:24 AM - 07/25/19 »
 I always use my Xim with very little to no aim assist. I came from PC and do not like my most doing anything but what I tell it to. Just how it is when you started PC gaming during quake in 19 96Ė97.  Sometimes I add a little just because itís not exactly like PC and I am certainly isnít what it used to be before the kids came along ha ha.

Iím afraid I donít have the most time to game anymore  :(