XIM Community

Apex Legends developers address K&M on consoles  (Read 4954 times)

Offline Delttaz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Deltaz
Re: Apex Legends developers address K&M on consoles
« Reply #30 on: 04:14 PM - 07/21/19 »
Not sure if anybody saw this article from polygon. From just looking at the title makes me not want to even consider reading what they have to say. https://www.polygon.com/xbox-one/2019/7/21/20702969/apex-legends-cheating-keyboard-and-mouse-xbox-one-console-pc

Offline marvelouslie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xmarvlouslie
« Reply #31 on: 04:24 PM - 07/21/19 »
Polygon is a joke, and I wouldn't waste my time.

Offline Delttaz

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04:31 PM - 07/21/19 »
Polygon is a joke, and I wouldn't waste my time.
Fully agree with that. I actually went ahead and read it. Wasted 2 minutes of my life as they just refered to it as cheating and how it basically makes you a god with aim assist.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #33 on: 04:31 PM - 07/21/19 »
This is interesting from the article: "Since launching in February, Apex Legends managers have touted the mass banning of cheaters and other malefactors; by May, they said a total of 770,000 players had been sanctioned in some form." That number is huge, which means they must have a massive player base. I was curious, so I looked around to find Apex Legends player statistics, I found what looked like reputable stats that say it's in excess of 50 million.

I know how many people have installed Apex Legends on their XIM APEX from our telemetry. The chances that a game would have a XIM player in it is near zero (not an exaggeration). It's ridiculous the level of outrage that is coming from the Apex Legends community.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Strykain

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Strykain
« Reply #34 on: 04:41 PM - 07/21/19 »
I know how many people have installed Apex Legends on their XIM APEX from our telemetry. The chances that a game would have a XIM player in it is near zero (not an exaggeration). It's ridiculous the level of outrage that is coming from the Apex Legends community.

What do you expect? Everyone today thinks they're the next console Shroud, and anyone who beats them is clearly using some kind of device to get an upper hand. It's unfortunate that it's such a scapegoat these days, but I also don't deny how big of a smile I get when someone sends me a hate message complaining about the XIM.
Was it the reason I killed you when I had Purple Shield, maxed out R-301, and you were already taking damage from the Zone? Absolutely not, but in their mind it is~ Haha.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05:18 PM - 07/21/19 »
Years ago it was camping, then lag was the big one for early COD days, now it's accusing K&M.

I have noticed on some gaming subreddits (especially the Overwatch console subreddit) making low effort XIM posts will result in the threads getting deleted. Regular controller users are started to get irritated with the constant accusations going around. Hopefully it continues.
CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

Future PS5 Owner | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | PS3 | Xbox 360

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Top 500 Overwatch | Apex Predator | Praying Cold War makes COD fun again

Offline marvelouslie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05:37 PM - 07/21/19 »
Once again, whiny Xbox One users are @#$% about Mouse and Keyboard again. "Just play on PC" they scream and whine. Okay, but my friends don't have a PC. They have console. I wish people would stop being little bitches over this. They're not going to do anything. No one's going to ban ANYONE.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/cg46ts/apex_looking_at_stoping_kbm_users_on_consoles/

Offline Delttaz

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06:54 PM - 07/21/19 »
Honestly my number one complaint with all this trash talk towards XIM and other emulators is that no one does their research before making false claims on what they can and can't do.

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07:22 PM - 07/21/19 »
Currently even the smallest amount of SAB causes sprinting to be canceled.

SAB is still on even if it's at 0. What's the highest value you can go before it happens? I know why it's cancelling and I can address it if need be.

For me using a d1sable style setup on common with 500hz responses rate, 3200 dpi, G502: I can only set SAB on the hip to 1 with out the sprint canceling. When set to 2 it will cancel about what feels like ~10 percent of the time. As I set it higher and higher it cancles the sprint more and more. SAB on ADS set at 200. Works great on ads

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #39 on: 07:28 PM - 07/21/19 »
Interesting, so SAB has no issue with ADS at any value? Only hip?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07:49 PM - 07/21/19 »

Thats because in Apex Legends you cannot sprint while being in ADS, so of course only a HIP SAB value could cause the sprinting to cancel if you use a value that is high enough :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline marvelouslie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08:30 PM - 07/21/19 »
"M&KB GIVES AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!" Okay. Arcade sticks give a distinct advantage over controller players in fighting games. You want to talk about banning Arcade sticks too? "THAT'S DIFFERENT!!!!"

These kids raging about M&KB aren't nearly as good as they think they are, and they just want a scapegoat to avoid admitting that maybe the problem is the fact that they suck at FPS.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #42 on: 08:47 PM - 07/21/19 »

Thats because in Apex Legends you cannot sprint while being in ADS, so of course only a HIP SAB value could cause the sprinting to cancel if you use a value that is high enough :)

Great point! :-)

I have a private build out right now testing a fix for the sprint cancelation issue. I'll let everyone try it when it's verified fixed.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09:30 PM - 07/21/19 »
I posted on the Siege Reddit about how they could reduce XIM usage on console.

I said if they introduced native KB&M support on console with separate match making, and provided it with really compelling features that would be KB&M **exclusive** (exclusive being the key word here), e.g. zero aim acceleration, ability to lean from the hip, that would be incentive enough for people to stop mixing with controller users. You'd never be able to eliminate it altogether, but it would reduce it significantly. People would then say yeah Fortnite has native support but people still use a XIM...that's because they didn't offer incentives to move over to native. My idea would be about providing incentives.

I can tell you now if you gave me these two incentives (no aim acceleration and leaning from the hip) I would stop using XIM for Siege completely and only use it for COD etc. There could be SO many things you could do in regards to KB&M exclusive features, such as de-coupling crouch from prone, single button binds etc.

Anyway no one wanted to hear it. I got down voted to hell. No one is interested in practical solutions, they're all backed into their ideological corners and have taken an extremest "nothing but a 100% ban will suffice" attitude, even though I've explained to them so many times it's just not technically feasible to do without false positives.

IMO my solution is the only solution. But as I said people just won't hear it. I'm happy with my XIM, so...meh I don't give a crap anyway.
« Last Edit: 09:43 PM - 07/21/19 by piiwii »
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline marvelouslie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10:47 PM - 07/21/19 »
I was accused of "emotional blackmail" because I can't hold a controller for long periods of time, and products like the XIM would let me console game again, but I was accused of "wanting to cheat" and "emotionally blackmailing" people, because, you know.. GAMING COMMUNITY RISE UP.