XIM Community

Linear ramp changed too?  (Read 913 times)

Offline Essul

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Essul
Linear ramp changed too?
« on: 05:35 PM - 12/11/19 »
Was fine pre patch now its like Expo
« Last Edit: 05:50 PM - 12/11/19 by Essul »

Offline Maria

• MVP
  • He / Him
    • View Profile
Re: Linear ramp changed too?
« Reply #1 on: 07:48 PM - 12/11/19 »
Facts my team must have thought I was throwing last night because I couldn't hit anything. To other OW players is it better to just play this game on controller now? 

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:57 PM - 12/11/19 »
Assuming we are talking about Overwatch

I use linear ramp for all of my heroes and tbh I didn't notice any difference. [Played about 10 dps matches and won 8 ]

But it's def worse than before the halloween patch.

Still trying to cope with it :)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:49 AM - 12/12/19 »
Oh boy i have to try it tonight, i really dont like how basic balance patches now also regularly change the aim mechanic :(
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Essul

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Essul
« Reply #4 on: 09:46 AM - 12/12/19 »
Facts my team must have thought I was throwing last night because I couldn't hit anything. To other OW players is it better to just play this game on controller now?

I think im going crazy. Exponential ramp feels better now @#$%

Offline Happy Camper Cavalry

• Only the best
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: 12 Current Members
« Reply #5 on: 10:46 AM - 12/12/19 »
Oh boy i have to try it tonight, i really dont like how basic balance patches now also regularly change the aim mechanic :(

According to the devs the reason why the aim assist keeps changing its because they're trying to find a happy medium ground for cross-platform play they've increased the aim assist on console but it was too much and now they reduced it a little bit. It doesn't change the a mechanic so just the aim assist if you were to turn the aim assist off it would feel identical as it has for months.
Practice Responsible Xim ownership, and disable aim assist!

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:51 AM - 12/13/19 »

According to the devs the reason why the aim assist keeps changing its because they're trying to find a happy medium ground for cross-platform play they've increased the aim assist on console but it was too much and now they reduced it a little bit. It doesn't change the a mechanic so just the aim assist if you were to turn the aim assist off it would feel identical as it has for months.

Link to devs saying this recently ? [I knew something was amiss]

I'm going to have to give expo a shot again if this is true.
« Last Edit: 12:39 PM - 12/13/19 by Rrerbacam »

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:00 PM - 12/13/19 »
I tested expo.

At first I thought it was "better" but second match it was clear that trying to flick a target was @#$% near impossible even at 0 assist and 0 window. @#$% hitbix so stiff cant even get into it.

Can't be consistent sometimes the heads are like nope your not aiming on me and so much resistance

Which is shameful because the micro movements are so better and I do hit many shots but sometimes you lose those fights where the shot just doesnt want to cooperate
« Last Edit: 02:07 PM - 12/13/19 by Rrerbacam »