XIM Community

[Q/A] Im so anoyyed  (Read 306 times)

Offline User10

• View Profile
[Q/A] Im so anoyyed
« on: 10:10 AM - 07/15/19 »
Everytime i put some1s dpi hip and ads or copy all of there settings its nothing alike I've tried every solution i dont get what the problem is my friend was even confused the sens is always 30x quicker
« Last Edit: 01:06 PM - 07/15/19 by OBsIV »

Offline WarCat

• View Profile
Re: Im so anoyyed
« Reply #1 on: 11:16 AM - 07/15/19 »
It could be a number of variables, are you using a hard pad vs them using a soft pad?

Some people are arm aimers vs wrist aimers, they may have a large pad and though the sensitivity is higher, they are making larger movements with arm aim rather than wrist aim which would have you hitting the turn speed cap or overshooting your targets.

This is why you should always use someone elses config as a baseline to finding YOUR preference. Lower the sensitivity until you are comfortable. I'd recommend that you watch the tutorial "How To Find The Perfect XIM Mouse Sensitivity Tutorial" from the XIM Gameplay channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs0sH4rfGRc

This will help you find your dexterity level, and don't be shocked if it feels much slower than what you thought it would be. I did this about a year after using XIM and it made a big difference, I've slowly raised my sensitivity since then as my dexterity has improved.

When you look at someone elses config you should be asking, why is this config better than the vanilla config? There is really limited answers on why because the vanilla ST (configuration with default settings) is trained to be 1:1.

1. Aim Assist: The vanilla ST will not account for aim assist as its intention is to provide a 1:1 look mechanic.
2. Turn speed: I've seen some configs to better deal with turn speed caps on games where it is low, this includes advanced in game settings, or ballistic curves with deceleration via the XIM.

I can't think of any other reason that a user config with any settings would be better than the default / vanilla ST provided by XIM, along with whatever in game settings that are required and listed on the XIM forums here: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=43775.0

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Im so anoyyed
« Reply #2 on: 02:10 PM - 07/15/19 »
This is where we left off in your last topic on this.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=76911.0
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline WarCat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:03 PM - 07/15/19 »
Also keep in mind, some mice do not support onboard memory, or you may need to manually change it to onboard memory mode before it will save the DPI to your mouse.

Offline User10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:27 AM - 07/16/19 »
Also keep in mind, some mice do not support onboard memory, or you may need to manually change it to onboard memory mode before it will save the DPI to your mouse.

how do i do this i have a gpro i think i already did it

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:13 AM - 07/16/19 »
This is how it's done in LGS with a G502, it may be similar with a Gpro.

Connect the mouse to a PC and open LGS. Click the home icon near the bottom. Select onboard memory near the top.

Click the mouse memory icon near the bottom to switch to this screen.

Here you can reassign buttons on the mouse to unused keyboard keys. Choose keys that aren't normally used in your config like: o p k l n m.

I recommend removing the extra DPI levels and profiles on this screen if you don't intend to use them to prevent accidental switching during play.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline WarCat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:00 PM - 07/16/19 »
If you are using wired G pro, then it uses LGS software like Mist has shown. I use the wireless G pro, which uses G hub software.

When I set mine up, I enabled the “make DPI consistent across all profile” enabled
Then I enabled on board memory mode
Then I changed it from “Default” to “Desktop” where the active profile was.

To test this out you need to make sure that you only have 1 DPI setting of your preference. Then go in game and press the DPI switch (located on the bottom of the mouse) if you feel a sensitivity difference you will know that you are not in onboard memory mode or you didn’t assign the right profile to onboard memory.

Another way you can test this is by customizing the RGB lighting, saving to onboard memory, then put it back on console. If your lighting remains in your customized format you’ll know that onboard memory is enabled and working.