XIM Community

Brand new to this. XIM Link can't detect my XIM4  (Read 1192 times)

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Brand new to this. XIM Link can't detect my XIM4
« on: 01:55 PM - 07/13/19 »
I got my transfer cable today, it is the Plug-gable Transfer Cable one : https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005OTPVMY

No matter which USB port I do on both the XIM and PC it's not even detected. When I click Add Device, both the XIM Apex and XIM4 options are grayed out.

I did read the patch notes on the latest version:
If you have already used Link before, you will have apex as an output device. If it is a fresh install, you have to add either Apex or XIM 4 as an output device manually. XIM 4 will still use XIM 4 Manager, so it must be installed.

As the Link is manipulating and controlling external process (XIM 4 Manager), that I have not coded myself, there could still be a case that causes Link to crash if something happens to the manager. However it should work now much better than with Sandhawc. For example a translator update is detected and the connection will not stall and crash like before.

Also there is currently no proper way to restart XIM 4 Manager from Link. The only 2 ways are either Link restart or removing XIM 4 from output devices and adding it again.

But I have no idea what this means. How do I make Link use the XIM 4 manager ?

The way I have this currently is my XIM4 is connected to the playstation and the tranfer cable is connected to one of the mouse / keyboard ports. Is there something I'm missing or did I pick the wrong cable ? 
« Last Edit: 02:00 PM - 07/13/19 by LolPop »

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Brand new to this. XIM Link can't detect my XIM4
« Reply #1 on: 03:48 PM - 07/13/19 »
Ok managed to get it to work but I get an error. Here is the log:

------------------------------
Time:
7/13/2019 2:45:35 PM

OSVersion:

Version:

Data:
{System.Object=,}

HResult:

Source:
mscorlib

StackTrace:
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at XLinkerCore.OutputDevices.Xim4.Xim4Device.TryConnect()
   at XLinkerCore.OutputDevices.Xim4.Xim4Device.<ConnectAsync>b__23_0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at XLinkerCore.OutputDevices.Xim4.Xim4Device.<ConnectAsync>d__23.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at XLinkerCore.LinkCore.<AddDevice>d__24.MoveNext()
   at XIMLink.OutputDeviceControl.<<ButtonAddDevice_Click>b__15_0>d.MoveNext()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
------------------------------

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:05 PM - 07/13/19 »
and this is all happening while xim4 manager is trying to load. I tried putting the xim4 in wired configuration mode, I tried the default mode (where you just let it start) and nothing. It is the same error over and over again.

One of the times when I had it in wired configuration mode (press the P button during the startup sequence), I managed not to get an error from XIM Link but an error from XIM4 Manager saying "USB transfer cable not found" or something like that.

So is my cable not the one I need ? I really don't get it.
« Last Edit: 04:45 PM - 07/13/19 by LolPop »

Offline arjungg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: arjungg
  • PSN ID: arjungg2
« Reply #3 on: 10:30 PM - 07/19/19 »
I am having the same issue with same error when ximlink launches the manager

ive connected as :
c-port to xbox
3dot to controller
1dot to transfer cable.

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:16 PM - 07/28/19 »
I did something else instead. I bought a Cronus Max and now I have a XIM and a Cronus. (XIM for gameplay, Cronus for boosting)

The reason why I wanted this in the first place wasn't for any type of rapid fire etc. mods but simply to boost the tiers in CoD. Now I just have to leave my ps4 on all day, and the cronus max which is connected to my second PC is set to constantly repeat a macro (completely emulating almost normal in-game behavior) until I manually stop it. Every day I get like about 40 cases without doing a thing. I already have all the guns in the game and soon I will have all the loot in the game.

I don't like playing more than 1 hour a day and I also dont like spending 40$ / day (this equivalent of what I get now without doing anything)

With this setup now I actually wish MW has some unfair guns in their supply drops cuz  I will get them all and most other people wont and I will be able to **** on them without even trying, and without them able to do anything other than rage quitting
« Last Edit: 10:21 PM - 07/28/19 by LolPop »

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:23 PM - 07/28/19 »
LOL im close to tier 500 in the current supply stream I just checked. I am an unstoppable beast. What's even better is I bought the cronus used for 50$ haahaha

Also if you connect the Cronus to the console the XIM in the controller slot of the cronus you can also take advantage of all the cronus mods.

Offline arjungg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: arjungg
  • PSN ID: arjungg2
« Reply #6 on: 12:32 AM - 07/31/19 »
@W11cE can you help figure out how to connect Xim4,?

Admin