XIM Community

Possible fix on r6 lean mechanic  (Read 252 times)

Offline desolatehunter

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Desolate Hunter
Possible fix on r6 lean mechanic
« on: 07:10 AM - 07/13/19 »
With the keyboard I use and based on a thread I had seen previously this week would it be possible to bring a "temporary hold mechnic" to a later firmware. I've noticed if I tap the q e key to fast the operator will not lean. Would it be possible to at a function that for specific keys when they are struck they are automatically held by the xim for just long enough to initiate a lean. Or if something exists like this how would I set it up.

This would be just a simple quality of life fix. I have become used to holding the key but in the heat of the moment sometimes I still tap to fast. I have considered getting a keyboard with a stronger click to offset me letting go to fast but I'm not sure that would help me, nor would I like to spend money if this was something that were easily possible or already in development.

Thank you for your attention to this thread

Offline Algimantas87

• If you can't beat them, join them.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NO_F3AR_MnK_HERE
Re: Possible fix on r6 lean mechanic
« Reply #1 on: 08:13 AM - 07/13/19 »
I have razer keyboard and i dont have that problem. Quick tap and my lean is activated. Super response
Xim Apex
Platform:PS4
Mouse:Logitech G305
Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2
Mouse pad: Steelseries cloth
Headphone: Steelseries arctis pro + gamedac
Monitor:Acer GF276Abmipx 27 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor

Offline desolatehunter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:49 AM - 07/13/19 »
I'll look into for when I upgrade my keyboard but the red dragon I used to use did that and the Corsair strafe I use now does it. I'm just looking to prolong the upgrade if I can.and with this beingg common in some keyboards I Hought it would be a nicefix. I believe the console version of siege relies on a certain amount of press time that a thumbstick gives. So for certain keyboards it can be tapped to fast. I may be wrong but that's how it feels.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 05:25 AM - 07/15/19 »
XIM doesn't have the ability to define button press hold times. Defining button press length touches on macro territory, which XIM does not, nor will ever, support on-board.

You might want to look at your kb's software settings to see if there's a key repeat or delay setting that may achieve the same thing. Maybe a kb macro would do the same.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline desolatehunter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:24 PM - 07/17/19 »
Understandable that the xim would steer away from that type of software. I'll look into my keyboard