XIM Community

@mist - what's the story behind the new Siege ST?  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Sploogely

• View Profile
Re: @mist - what's the story behind the new Siege ST?
« Reply #15 on: 11:39 AM - 07/14/19 »
I'm noticing the same sinwave motion when moving vertically in PUBG as the seige community was noticing when moving horizontally on the updated rainbow curve..

Why couldnt tweaking the yx ratio fix this when creating the ST

Seems like the rainbow config had a deadzone issue on the horizontal axis.. (ex: picking up verticle input while moving horizontally)

Now it seems like pubg has an issue on the verticle axis(picking up horizontal input while moving vertically)

Is the xim team giving up on old games? Or are these game developers figuring out ways to beat the xim smart translator technology?

They haven't given up. But there's only so much you can do when you have time based acceleration and other inconsistent behaviour.
Did you guys get the wave movement with the controller rotation updated on or the original controller rotation on while using the 4.4 ST? I only got this wave movement while using the current ST and selecting the updated controller rotation. However, while using the 4.4 ST I actually did some testing (locking on the random objects in multiplayer) and I felt like the aiming was much better. With the original controller rotation I fell like my crosshair skips over the object a lot more frequently.

Yeah... I've noticed this on my Xim games in general now where aiming is rather skippy. It's odd.
The only time I notice it is when currently right now when I am using the 4.5 ST and playing with updated controller rotation

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SkubaniecTSARGA
« Reply #16 on: 03:21 PM - 07/14/19 »
From what I understand, XIM technicians always weigh the positives and negatives of different game settings when choosing a configuration for the ST. In order to better understand why "classic" was chosen over "updated", the following questions need answering:

Aim smoothing has always been an issue in R6:S - do the updated aim mechanics have less aim smoothing than "classic" does?

If yes, do the better micro-movements of the classic curve outweigh the benefits of the updated aim smoothing?

(what's the reason why "updated" was initially chosen?)
« Last Edit: 03:26 PM - 07/14/19 by TSARGA »

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04:11 PM - 07/14/19 »
From what I understand, XIM technicians always weigh the positives and negatives of different game settings when choosing a configuration for the ST. In order to better understand why "classic" was chosen over "updated", the following questions need answering:

Aim smoothing has always been an issue in R6:S - do the updated aim mechanics have less aim smoothing than "classic" does?

If yes, do the better micro-movements of the classic curve outweigh the benefits of the updated aim smoothing?

(what's the reason why "updated" was initially chosen?)

It had other benefits. It feel less sluggish. But I guess on balance it was worse, but the benefits of being less sluggish must have felt pretty compelling at the time.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline pniche

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:25 PM - 07/14/19 »
Thanks for the confirmation. I knew there was something seriously wrong with the new one. I had a sneaking suspicion that wave problem and the micro pixel jumping was unfixable. Good to know.

mist did his best with it, but, when an aiming system is missing the ability to aim in particular ways (which Ubisoft does a lot) there isn't many ways to "hide" these deficiencies in the translator.

So that’s it...? Just blaming Ubisoft and not coming up with a workaround? The updated rotation felt better in every way except the wavy movement.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06:29 PM - 07/14/19 »
The 4.3 / 4.5 ST *is* the workaround.

There's no mystery behind why it's called v4.3 and not v1.0. It's because they've already reworked and reworked and reworked this. I recall Mist saying that other than Halo 5 there's not many other games that have had their ST's retrained this many times before. They've done their best. This mechanic sucks. And in all honesty, the Updated one sucks too, apparently even more so according to ObsIV. I wasn't alone in expressing my hate for the 4.4 ST. I want to believe it's good as much as the next guy but it is what it is. We just need to accept it.

I've spent so much time on forums and Reddit campaigning for a better look mechanic, if we could get more of the community doing the same...that's probably as much as we can do for now.

The updated rotation felt better in every way except the wavy movement.

You speak of this as such a trivial thing. It's like saying "oh the Galaxy Note was fine if you could ignore the fact that some of them blew up". I assume they simply couldn't make it go away which is in itself a huge, huge deal. You can't just brush aside such a major issue!
« Last Edit: 06:33 PM - 07/14/19 by piiwii »
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06:45 PM - 07/14/19 »
It had other benefits. It feel less sluggish. But I guess on balance it was worse, but the benefits of being less sluggish must have felt pretty compelling at the time.

They never confirmed "updated" is less sluggish though... which is why I'm asking.

Offline shopejr2

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:52 PM - 07/14/19 »
"I recall Mist saying that other than Halo 5 there's not many other games that have had their ST's retrained this many times before"

Well to be fair most games dont stay popular for 4+ years.. therefore they dont get many updates

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07:21 PM - 07/14/19 »

They never confirmed "updated" is less sluggish though... which is why I'm asking.

Yeah I definitely felt it. It was snappier but had this really weird acceleration to it.

Offline Find the Door

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Find the Door
  • PSN ID: Find_the_Door
« Reply #23 on: 10:07 PM - 07/14/19 »
I'm suddenly getting this s curve on vertical aiming on Rainbow on the most current ST

Is there a way to fix this?

Offline Algimantas87

• If you can't beat them, join them.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NO_F3AR_MnK_HERE
« Reply #24 on: 10:32 PM - 07/14/19 »
I'm suddenly getting this s curve on vertical aiming on Rainbow on the most current ST

Is there a way to fix this?
Have u tried to make new profile, delete old one and create new.
Xim Apex
Platform:PS4
Mouse:Logitech G305 + G Pro Wireless
Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2
Mouse pad: Cooler Master  MP510 Gaming Surface - XL
Headphone: Steelseries arctis pro + gamedac
Monitor:Acer GF276Abmipx 27 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02:07 PM - 07/17/19 »
Yeah I definitely felt it. It was snappier but had this really weird acceleration to it.

I didn't feel the better snappiness - if there is a difference in time-based acceleration, it must be very small.

Did the technicians even check time-based acceleration?? I cannot find a single staff post talking about it.