XIM Community

Apex legend settings?  (Read 382 times)

Offline Woodrowilson3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Woodrowilson3
Apex legend settings?
« on: 09:56 AM - 07/11/19 »
Just curious with the new updates on the xim and season 2 in general for the game, what is everyone using for their settings? Anyone turning SAB completely off and getting that PC feel? With the new update?

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Apex legend settings?
« Reply #1 on: 12:34 AM - 07/12/19 »
This new meta for Apex Legends is so horrible to me at the moment. It seems as if they've lessened the time to kill. I feel like I die way faster than first season and I'm not liking it one bit. I used to be able to melt multiple squads by myself, but now that areas on the map have become more accessible teams get to me a lot faster. And now the map looks cluttered and filthy. Shields also seem more flimsy and breakable for some reason. I've increased my kill count according to my stats but I'm literally close to quitting apex legends because I feel that they're beginning to cater to noobs and make the game more easier. I'll give it one more season and if it gets worse I'm done.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:23 AM - 07/12/19 »
Meta is broken right now even after they nerfed it still overpowered rank is fun no pub stomping in there better skilled players it is fun

Offline WarCat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:28 AM - 07/12/19 »
This new meta for Apex Legends is so horrible to me at the moment. It seems as if they've lessened the time to kill. I feel like I die way faster than first season and I'm not liking it one bit. I used to be able to melt multiple squads by myself, but now that areas on the map have become more accessible teams get to me a lot faster. And now the map looks cluttered and filthy. Shields also seem more flimsy and breakable for some reason. I've increased my kill count according to my stats but I'm literally close to quitting apex legends because I feel that they're beginning to cater to noobs and make the game more easier. I'll give it one more season and if it gets worse I'm done.

I agree, I am sure that most non-casual players do not like the updated meta.

5% damage increase to nerf Lifeline, Pathfinder, and Wraith is terrible. Why not do this the proper way..?
10% damage reduction I was ok with for Gibby and Caustic.... 15%!? why?

Wingman has technically been further nerfed, now that skullpiercer is a gold hopup, technically affects the longbow too but I don't think that is much of an issue as the longbow has not been nerfed in any other way.

Disruptor Rounds...... Fundamentally breaks the game. Yes, they nerfed the damage already, but that is not the issue. The issue is we have come accustomed to breaking from battle and healing shields and then getting back in the fight. What is the point of breaking from the fight to heal your shields, only to lose them as soon as you get back in it?

Increased ring damage: At first I thought this would be a good thing, but it seems like the no thumbed players just can't comprehend that they have to get out of the ring.... why does this matter? less kills for me if the ring is doing the killing. On top of that, they just had to nerf Lifeline's bot to where it is useless in the storm. (This part may be one of the few that didn't cater to casuals... but it doesn't help skilled players either in my opinion)

Ranked mode... Really? 5 kill cap for RP, damage not counted as a qualifier for RP, placements matter most... I don't think this shows skill.

I think it is time for Respawn to update their description of the game. It is no longer the "fast paced battle royale" that they advertise, which is part of what made them unique to begin with.

On top of that, I am fairly certain that aim assist was tweaked for season 2. Help those casuals hit their shots just a little bit more so they stay and buy up some cosmetics.

I also enjoyed the high TTK, it was frustrating at first but I began to really improve on my aim, movement, and positioning because it was demanded. My teammates are always trash, I've heard that their matchmaking selects the more "skilled players" to pair these no thumbs with, so they still enjoy their experience while they are being carried. Can't have them leaving, there's cosmetics to be sold.

The Code:Leaf / Net, along the the complete kick out where you get reconnecting attempt 1 of 9, over and over again until you restart you app, has me frustrated as well. This could also be changing the meta. Who wants to hot drop when they've just spent the last 10 minutes trying to get in to a match?

Won't even get started on the netcode...., just cannot stand the game favoring the poor connection.

That said, it is still a very fun game at its core, but if I felt that there was a better option out the right now, I would give it a shot.

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:39 AM - 07/12/19 »
Well said. Its hard finding solid players to play with

Offline Omarf826

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:29 PM - 07/12/19 »

5% damage increase to nerf Lifeline, Pathfinder, and Wraith is terrible. Why not do this the proper way..?

Wingman has technically been further nerfed, now that skullpiercer is a gold hopup, technically affects the longbow too but I don't think that is much of an issue as the longbow has not been nerfed in any other way.

Disruptor Rounds...... Fundamentally breaks the game. Yes, they nerfed the damage already, but that is not the issue. The issue is we have come accustomed to breaking from battle and healing shields and then getting back in the fight. What is the point of breaking from the fight to heal your shields, only to lose them as soon as you get back in it?

Increased ring damage: At first I thought this would be a good thing, but it seems like the no thumbed players just can't comprehend that they have to get out of the ring.... why does this matter? less kills for me if the ring is doing the killing. On top of that, they just had to nerf Lifeline's bot to where it is useless in the storm. (This part may be one of the few that didn't cater to casuals... but it doesn't help skilled players either in my opinion)

Ranked mode... Really? 5 kill cap for RP, damage not counted as a qualifier for RP, placements matter most... I don't think this shows skill.

I think it is time for Respawn to update their description of the game. It is no longer the "fast paced battle royale" that they advertise, which is part of what made them unique to begin with.

On top of that, I am fairly certain that aim assist was tweaked for season 2. Help those casuals hit their shots just a little bit more so they stay and buy up some cosmetics.

I also enjoyed the high TTK, it was frustrating at first but I began to really improve on my aim, movement, and positioning because it was demanded. My teammates are always trash, I've heard that their matchmaking selects the more "skilled players" to pair these no thumbs with, so they still enjoy their experience while they are being carried. Can't have them leaving, there's cosmetics to be sold.

The Code:Leaf / Net, along the the complete kick out where you get reconnecting attempt 1 of 9, over and over again until you restart you app, has me frustrated as well. This could also be changing the meta. Who wants to hot drop when they've just spent the last 10 minutes trying to get in to a match?

Won't even get started on the netcode...., just cannot stand the game favoring the poor connection.

That said, it is still a very fun game at its core, but if I felt that there was a better option out the right now, I would give it a shot.

This x2, you couldn't of said it any better, quality of the game actually has decreased significantly, hope they revert/fix alot of the stuff they messed up alrdy

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:24 AM - 07/13/19 »

Exactly, I agree 100%. To answer your original question there are some good configs you can try in the shared configs section. I personally haven't created a config that I'm 100% satisfied with. Especially now that you die so fast in the new season. I constantly tweak and tweak repeatedly. Once I can get something that is fast and precise I'll post it for you. I want an infinite Warfare feel. But I lose accuracy that way.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]