XIM Community

XIM 1 questions  (Read 1626 times)

Offline 4shotter

• View Profile
XIM 1 questions
« on: 03:29 PM - 08/03/08 »
Well since i'm waiting until the prebuilt xim2s are released, I decided to buy an xim 1 for the time being so I have something to mess around with.  I have questions though.

• Is there a certain xfps version that works the best with xim or are they all about the same?
  • Can I use the play and charge thing to plug into the xfps or do I need a normal wired controller?  Also if I need a regular wired, can I just go to gamestop or something and get a new controller or does it need to be a certain model number to work?

thanks.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM 1 questions
« Reply #1 on: 07:41 PM - 08/03/08 »
Any XFPS will work, but, the cheaper the better.

No, the play and charge kit isn't a USB active device (it's only power). You'll need to buy a wired controller. Any wired controller will work, but, if you plan on modding it later, make sure to get an official MS wired revision 005.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline 4shotter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:57 PM - 08/03/08 »
Alright thanks man.  I plan on buying a prebuilt xim2 so i'll just go buy any random wired for now.  ;D ;D

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 08:31 PM - 08/03/08 »
Ok, I'm pretty sure you can use cheaper 3rd party wired controllers.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:25 PM - 08/03/08 »
I recall the first three versions of the XFPS (360, Pro, 3.0 Sniper) needed the -007 version of Microsoft's controllers to work. Some MadCatz worked with them as well, but the only model that I can confirm working with the XFPS 3.0 Sniper is the Steelers version of their NFL controllers. I'm not sure if XCM made revisions to the XFPS that would allow compatibility with Microsoft's -005 controllers prior to the release of the 3.0 Sniper Plus.

Offline 4shotter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:48 PM - 08/04/08 »
Don't know if this would work or not but I just though of this.  Couldn't I use my guitar hero controller and plug it into the xfps instead of a controller? 

Also how bad is the delay with xfps and xim on halo 3?  When you click fire, does it fire right away? 

Offline SUPRARACER

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:53 PM - 08/04/08 »
I think you can use the guitar but you need to unplug it once it goes past the security and lights up player 1 spot. There is no delay that you will notice.

John

Offline 4shotter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:54 PM - 08/04/08 »
thanks