XIM Community

Anyone here use a sony nav instead of keyb?  (Read 954 times)

Offline randomusername_LOL938338

• View Profile
Anyone here use a sony nav instead of keyb?
« on: 04:12 PM - 07/08/19 »
I feel like the sony nav is better for movement/strafing than the keyb

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Anyone here use a sony nav instead of keyb?
« Reply #1 on: 04:17 PM - 07/08/19 »
Console games expect analog input and look mechanics are built for it. Analog movement is far better for controlling directional speed, but side-to-side strafing is much better on a kb.

The biggest difference is how analog vs digital handles aim assist. Analog is stickier, digital has better cut-through.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Maria

• MVP
  • He / Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:32 PM - 07/08/19 »
Yes since 2016. A 2 year old has better WASD movement than me.

Offline randomusername_LOL938338

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:17 PM - 07/08/19 »
Console games expect analog input and look mechanics are built for it. Analog movement is far better for controlling directional speed, but side-to-side strafing is much better on a kb.

The biggest difference is how analog vs digital handles aim assist. Analog is stickier, digital has better cut-through.

really @#$%? my strafe is so bad bro

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:14 PM - 07/08/19 »
I used to until I had issues with mine.

Strafing issues almost disappear completely if you use a tiny joystick like the Joy-cons. The travel is so small that you can jiggle peek almost as fast as a keyboard (and considering the animation time for a strafe, it's basically just as good in my opinion). The problem is the joy-con sticks are garbage quality. I would kill for an Azeron style device with a joy-con sized stick but with the quality of an XB1 stick.

Mini sticks are SOOOOOOOO good for FPS. If I were to build a FPS specific controller, my left stick would be a mini joy-con style stick, and the right one would be a really tall kontrol freek style stick.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
« Reply #5 on: 07:40 PM - 07/08/19 »
I've used it for the entire time I've had my xim about 9 months.  I'm switching to Razor Taturas though on Wednesday because the lack of functionality on the nav.  Since it was my movements I had very little options in Blackout.  I had a hard time using vehicles due to lack of buttons to set up an aux, then going into loot meant my thumb was off the stick so I was a sitting duck, etc.

Other than that it's worked flawlessly.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:36 AM - 07/09/19 »
The sony nav is not better for strafing than a keyboard at all. I use both of them. And I prefer the keyboard over the nav even though I do feel that the nav is better than the keyboard in some respects. The strafing with the nav is natural, but it is not quick like with the keyboard. I've lost plenty of gun battles vs other ximmers with keyboard strafing because they can do it so quickly. You may wonder how I can tell that they were ximmers and it is quite simple. Any opponent that can strafe left and right really fast in a horizontal straight line is using a keyboard. There's no way to do that with an analog stick. Their mouse skills weren't better than mine but the fact that they could strafe left and right so fast threw me off. I missed far too many shots to be able to break their shields on apex legends. I've only run into this issue a handful of times. It's not as if I match up with other ximmers all the time on Apex. But when I do and they're using a keyboard they nearly out strafe me every single time.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline Grizz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:18 AM - 07/09/19 »
The Nav feels so much more natural than a kb. Let me know if you need any help with your keybinds for fortnite.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:06 AM - 07/09/19 »

Xbox 1 Adaptive nunchuk looks so comfortable, yes limited but smooth.

Offline ultimateisready

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:53 PM - 07/09/19 »
Joycon or Sony nav?

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:39 PM - 07/09/19 »
Joycon or Sony nav?
I bought the joy con used it for 30 mins and never used it again, I my not have given it a fair chance, but the navy with a kontrollfreak on it just felt 100 times better. it may come down to hand size. if you have small hands you might like the joycon better, I thought there was a big difference in the analog sticks also,the navys about the size of a controllers stick and the joycons tiny. I think the JC might have been made where a small child could hold it easy where a 6 year old probably couldn't hold a navy as easy.

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
« Reply #11 on: 04:27 PM - 07/09/19 »
The sony nav is not better for strafing than a keyboard at all. I use both of them. And I prefer the keyboard over the nav even though I do feel that the nav is better than the keyboard in some respects. The strafing with the nav is natural, but it is not quick like with the keyboard. I've lost plenty of gun battles vs other ximmers with keyboard strafing because they can do it so quickly. You may wonder how I can tell that they were ximmers and it is quite simple. Any opponent that can strafe left and right really fast in a horizontal straight line is using a keyboard. There's no way to do that with an analog stick. Their mouse skills weren't better than mine but the fact that they could strafe left and right so fast threw me off. I missed far too many shots to be able to break their shields on apex legends. I've only run into this issue a handful of times. It's not as if I match up with other ximmers all the time on Apex. But when I do and they're using a keyboard they nearly out strafe me every single time.

You have never watched Dougisraw.  The guy is amazing with the sticks.  He wipes the floor with keyboard, or stick users.  His strafe is insane.

Admin