XIM Community

Newegg has *official* 360 controllers on sale for $29.99 today  (Read 2245 times)

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
I'm not sure if anyone saw this, but for some reason the official controllers are really cheap on Newegg today, including the brand new silver one that has the adjustable D-Pad:

Wired 360 controller (black) - $29.99
Wireless 360 controller (black) - $29.99
Wireless 360 controller (silver) with adjustable D-Pad and Play N Charge Kit - $44.99

Just thought I'd let you all know since many of you will be needing to buy a wired controller.

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
Dude, thats not a specially low price or anything. You can find them for $17 or even $15.

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
Dude, thats not a specially low price or anything. You can find them for $17 or even $15.

Where?  For that price they're either used or Hong Kong specials.

Offline terrett101

• View Profile

Yeah, you're buying knock offs at that price, sorry.

Walmart has some great prices online today too. I'm not a fan of the new silver controller (why take the colours off the buttons?!?) but Walmart has the black controller with plug and charge kit for $40 which I grabbed today.

Offline Opaquel

• View Profile
Wish I had seen the NewEgg deal earlier this week.  I also just spent $40 on an official wired controller from BestBuy this pas Tuesday.

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
Honestly, I really wish they'd make the silver one in Wired form. That would be really nice, since it's apparently a lot better for fighting games. Sadly, with no wired form, I have no reason to buy one. X_x

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline iamjustin

• View Profile
Flamemonkey touched on this but...

Wireless 360 controller (silver) with adjustable D-Pad and Play N Charge Kit - $44.99

Just thought I'd let you all know since many of you will be needing to buy a wired controller.

This is not a wired controller and you'll be mighty disappointed when you come to find you've wasted $45 on something that won't work with the xim3.

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
Flamemonkey touched on this but...

This is not a wired controller and you'll be mighty disappointed when you come to find you've wasted $45 on something that won't work with the xim3.

I know it's not wired, that's why I put "wireless."  8)

Offline SecondSight

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Second Sight 07

Offline Choo

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

With the XIM3 release possibly next week, I need to buy a couple wired controllers and was hoping to get some help from the community.  Is there a better controller over others that I should get? How does the NewEgg controller listed in the OP compare to one I found on amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wired-Controller-Black/dp/B003ZSN600/ref=lh_ni_t_  ?  They appear to be different model numbers....  What about that Razer Onza?  Is that worth it even if you aren't going to physically use the controller?

I guess one other big question I have that maybe only OBsIV can answer is the following: are there controllers that work "better" with XIM3? 

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
Dude as long as its wired and its the official one from microsoft, they are all the same. Just dont buy third party @#$% to be sure.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
for anyone in UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000BK4C80/sr=8-1/qid=1294435254/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1294435254&sr=8-1&seller=

PM me if anyone knows cheaper before I buy.

I just bought the black wired pad from amazon a few days back for 17 shipped. They may have put the price back up though.

edit. @#$% they have. I thought they may do which is why I jumped on it.

24 probably is the best deal right now then