XIM Community

Bewarned Gaming can go overboard  (Read 1808 times)

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
Bewarned Gaming can go overboard
« on: 05:24 AM - 07/08/19 »
Gaming can get outa hand especially with so many options settings wise ,man i have a bad problem i spend literally all day everyday gaming and i change settings more than possible to imagine thinking there is always something better and maybe there is maybe there isnt who knows  i spend hours in training grounds flicking trying to find the best possible methods to use with theese hideous constraints we are bound to. Apex legends i couldnt stop untill i was top 50 world leader boards i quit months ago on 1k wins 10k kills i couldnt stop cod till id held every sweat id seen neg or made em quit the lobby ect..

Realise if its becoming a problem for you before it gets too much im boarderline agoraphobic now and gotta find the happy medium (god knows how thats possible aint enough time in the day just to get my settings right).

Like i will game all day then in bed go youtube and read and then wont be able to sleep so ill get up at 4am and flick my xbox back on to try what ive read

Another reason for me to post this is once you get some settings that feel ok just stick with em dont think there is somethinf better cause chances are there aint we expect to be able to do shroud like plays and whilst some of us may be able to on a pc its just not possible on 60 fps with a speed(turn cap)

Hope this yarn helps some one not waste x amount of months. Thanks for listening.
Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Bewarned Gaming can go overboard
« Reply #1 on: 07:11 AM - 07/08/19 »
I feel ya brudda

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy (Smurf Account)
« Reply #2 on: 07:16 AM - 07/08/19 »
Iím the same, I always feel like Iím missing something in my settings so Iíll try different things for as long as I can be on, then when I think Iíve found something good, I switch back to my old settings and they always feel 100 times better.

I think you get to a certain point mechanically, thatís just physically impossible to get past, so you start trying new settings thinking itíll help. Itís all placebo though.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:58 AM - 07/08/19 »
Sadly I do the same thing bro. I've said it many times but I can't shake the habit. I had some beasty OW settings that I just screwed up trying to be the GOAT. Fortunately, I remember them like the back of my hand because they work so well. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve. It may make you miserable to screw up good config but you always learn something in the process. Hadn't I experimented I wouldn't have the current config that I now use with Apex Legends as well. But don't worry, I'll probably screw this one up too🤣. I just get curious and like to try new ideas. Just start screenshotting or writing your good configs down. That will solve that issue.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 10:37 AM - 07/08/19 »
Gaming can get outa hand especially with so many options settings wise ,man i have a bad problem i spend literally all day everyday gaming and i change settings more than possible to imagine thinking there is always something better and maybe there is maybe there isnt who knows  i spend hours in training grounds flicking trying to find the best possible methods to use with theese hideous constraints we are bound to. Apex legends i couldnt stop untill i was top 50 world leader boards i quit months ago on 1k wins 10k kills i couldnt stop cod till id held every sweat id seen neg or made em quit the lobby ect..

Realise if its becoming a problem for you before it gets too much im boarderline agoraphobic now and gotta find the happy medium (god knows how thats possible aint enough time in the day just to get my settings right).

Like i will game all day then in bed go youtube and read and then wont be able to sleep so ill get up at 4am and flick my xbox back on to try what ive read

Another reason for me to post this is once you get some settings that feel ok just stick with em dont think there is somethinf better cause chances are there aint we expect to be able to do shroud like plays and whilst some of us may be able to on a pc its just not possible on 60 fps with a speed(turn cap)

Hope this yarn helps some one not waste x amount of months. Thanks for listening.
Wish I could upvote this.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline synflood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:02 AM - 07/08/19 »
Anything in excess almost always becomes bad. This is beyond gaming, this is life.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 11:05 AM - 07/08/19 »
once you get some settings that feel ok just stick with em dont think there is somethinf better cause chances are there aint

This is why I labor over the decision to ever add another setting and why it took so long to add the extra settings in the Beta.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 01:47 PM - 07/08/19 »
Have children, they’re a cure-all for gaming. You’ll be so busy putting food on the table, changing dirty nappies and generally feeling like a zombie that gaming slips into the distant past. Starting a business will do that too. For the truly adventurous, do both  :o

This is why I labor over the decision to ever add another setting and why it took so long to add the extra settings in the Beta.
Customisation elevates XIM far beyond the competition. Those who want simple plug & play have that option. Obsessive tweakers are few and far between.
« Last Edit: 01:08 AM - 07/09/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:00 PM - 07/08/19 »
Have children, theyíre a cure-all for gaming. Youíll be so busy putting food on the table, changing dirty nappies and generally feeling like a zombie that gaming slips into the distant past. Starting a business will do that too. For the truly adventurous, do both  :o

Much braver man than me my friend

the severity of this post has slipt past some people and yes it is life (i am a problem child)
For us older fellows we know this just tying to put a lil warninging there for the next gen.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:59 PM - 07/08/19 »
once you get some settings that feel ok just stick with em dont think there is somethinf better cause chances are there aint

Defintely don't let this post be the reason why we don't get new features. I love experimenting with all features of the xim. And all anyone has to do is screenshot their configs before they alter them, or write them down so that they can go back to them if something doesn't work. It's not as hard as people make it. The real issue is that everyone wants fast results. They want to change one or two things without fully understanding them and be a God. And also.not understanding that it will still take time to get good at a video game even if you're using the Xim. Please continue to give us features. Thank you.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:29 PM - 07/08/19 »
Bro your missing the whole point of this post settings is but a minute fraction. Obsiv will work for the community as seems he has always done.

https://www.who.int/features/qa/gaming-disorder/en/

Sorry if im taking your comment personally im not looking for settings to make me a god im looking for settings that allow me to do what im capable of i have achieved many acolades in my time of gaming ive been sponsored for countrestrike back in the netcafe days ive attended 3 wcg qualifiers for sc bw and war 3 and placed top 3 each time need i go on ? I could atend lan comps and top frag on any ones rig with out changing settings apart from general sens, The point is im not a gumby or weekend couch gamer i just constantly search for the settings that allow me to game how i used to. Which when you think about it is not possible cause this aint a pc. As i said sorry if i misunderstood your comment.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:09 PM - 07/08/19 »
Bro your missing the whole point of this post settings is but a minute fraction. Obsiv will work for the community as seems he has always done.

https://www.who.int/features/qa/gaming-disorder/en/

Sorry if im taking your comment personally im not looking for settings to make me a god im looking for settings that allow me to do what im capable of i have achieved many acolades in my time of gaming ive been sponsored for countrestrike back in the netcafe days ive attended 3 wcg qualifiers for sc bw and war 3 and placed top 3 each time need i go on ? I could atend lan comps and top frag on any ones rig with out changing settings apart from general sens, The point is im not a gumby or weekend couch gamer i just constantly search for the settings that allow me to game how i used to. Which when you think about it is not possible cause this aint a pc. As i said sorry if i misunderstood your comment.
You've been on the forum nearly just as long as me. So I'm not speaking on you. You've written this as advice for new users. So my standpoint is not to throw stones on your foundation and come at you. I wanted to use your point to make another point. Which is why i referenced your post and not you. I was piggybacking off the information. You know what you're doing. Go back to the main page and look at the threads. You'll see guys asking for settings for this game or that game as if the settings will make them a god. They just copy and paste someone else's hard work without even knowing why that person uses what he/she is using. Those same people are the ones that end up complaining about the Xim. They want things handed to them. They don't want to do the same research you and I did, they don't want to watch the tutorials, they don't want to know about any of the features added. They bought the Xim for the sole purpose of having an edge on the competition. And when reality sets in that the edge they seek was a mirage in the Xim gaming desert they get frustrated. I don't want Obsiv to stop giving us features because newer Ximmers are lazy. That's my standpoint. I didn't mean to cause confusion.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:28 PM - 07/08/19 »
Also, I read the link as well and I'm sorry that you're going through this. I believe mine is more of an addiction than a disorder. I can prioritize the necessities over the video game so as long as I create a schedule. My day won't go well if I don't play my video game for at least 4 hours. If I can't play my video game due to business needing to be taken care of. I will crave it all day until I can. But, it's not so bad to where I can't function. I make up for it on my off days. But it was a disorder when I was a teenager years ago. I didn't go to school, hang out with friends much, or even my girlfriends unless I wanted some "quality time". But, I overcame this and you can as well. At the time I was #1 in the world on my favorite fighting game in two different divisions. Imagine if YouTube was as popular as it is now back then. I would be rich dude! No one in any country could defeat me. This fed my disorder. I was 1545-15 wins/losses and participated in a few online prize fighting matches that I won. I took so naturally to that game. Sadly, I don't have the time to spend getting that good again. So now gaming is a hobby. I wanted it to be a career but reality set in after high school. Bills have to be paid and I wanted to go to college.

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:17 AM - 07/09/19 »
Ive done alot in my life brother you couldnt even imagine "there aint a hard time theyve invented that i cant handle" -pulp fiction i believe, yer i can deal with it just posted this so maybe some one can catch them selves b4 they progress down the same path even after talking about it ive done nothing but switch settings all day like a slowy on pubg my current game ive gone from 10kill dinners just driving around taking any fight i can find after the hot drop to scared to even push some one because ive changed my settings so much and second guess my self and my ability

I am alot more self aware then most after living the life i have but i also have alot more behavioural issues then most but i digress im at a doctor now waiting, if you need help seek it it wont do it on its own.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #14 on: 01:30 AM - 07/09/19 »
Like anything in life, all you need is self-discipline, prioritisation and compartmentalisation. Make a schedule, fill your day with productive tasks, then wind down with some gaming once you've achieved your goals.

I'm the obsessive type too, I could tweak configs til the cows come home. But the hours I spend playing games takes away from progress in other facets of life. I don't game anywhere near as much as I used to, nor as much as I want, but there are far more important things to do with my time.

I don't see any point giving up something you love, just focus on needs before wants and give yourself the reward at the end of the day. I setup an app to ping basic daily tasks on my phone when I need to do them, otherwise I'll be so absorbed in whatever I'm doing that I'll neglect basic needs like eating, sleeping and exercise. Reminders turn into routines and ultimately habits. Keep it simple, reward yourself and be consistent.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts