XIM Community

Question to left handed users  (Read 331 times)

Offline Adam_

• View Profile
Question to left handed users
« on: 07:27 AM - 07/07/19 »
Hey guys, Iím about to purchase an Apex, I was wondering... should I get a left handed mouse or just a regular? If you guys suggest getting a lefty, which one would you recommend?
Also, keyboard or gamepad?
Thanks in advance, cheers

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Question to left handed users
« Reply #1 on: 01:07 PM - 07/07/19 »
theres only one true top of the line gaming mouse that's made for left hand only that I no of, razer death adder, razer use to make the one with muti buttons on the side but discontinued it ,[cant think of the name, naga or something] the death adder would be great but the bottom sides flare out instead of in making it hard to pick up, theres lots of ambidextrous mice out there that are the top of the line, G903, Gpro wireless are super,  its going to come down to your hand size imo, the zowie za's are great too.  I paid almost $200 for my g903 and saw yesterday online bestbuy had them on sale for $70. I use the 903 over the pro because its bigger [fits my hand better] the 903 has surface tuning dpi change on top of mouse and is bigger than the Gpro, gpro has better feeling buttons, the gpro was hard for me to get use to at first because , left and right mouse chick buttons are less than an 1/8 inch apart [ almost touching each other]  ves 903 there 1/4 inch apart, after I got use to it , it was no problem.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 05:17 PM - 07/07/19 »
There are no good left-handed mice, Razer Naga Lefty sucks. Go with ambidextrous mice from Logitech or Steelseries.

Some Logitech mice have ambi shells but righty button layouts including G102, G203, G Pro (wired) and G305. I still use them as my go-to mice, despite being a lefty.

G900, G902 and G903 are truly ambi but are best for large hands and palm grip. G Pro Wireless is also ambi and is good for mid-sized hands or palm grip. I canít stand palm grip so prefer the mice listed above.

Zowie ambi mice are also excellent.

I use either an Ergodox EZ (just the right half while gaming) or the lefty Azeron Compact as the kb. I previously used a Z-Board Fang for over a decade. All of these make up for a lack of buttons on the G305 and similar Logitech mice.
« Last Edit: 05:28 PM - 07/07/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Adam_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:40 AM - 07/08/19 »
Thanks for the tips, I was kind of looking at the Deathadder left handed edition but the G903 seems like a really good product. Iíll probably try it out in person before making a purchase just to be sure.
Now with the keyboard, any tips? Iíve never used it for gaming with my right hand, in fact I havenít even used mouse since school, Iíve always had a Macbook.
I was thinking about the Razer Tartarus, or the Orbweaver Chroma. Does it feel weird? Is it even worth it?

Offline laststand

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: HaggisBawZ
« Reply #4 on: 07:45 AM - 07/08/19 »
I have the logitech g903 and you won't be disappointed, great shape for my hand also the charge lasts forever on it. Plus it can be adapted for left handed people by adding or removing the side buttons from each side of the mouse.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 04:35 PM - 07/08/19 »
Deathadder Lefty sucks too. Both of the lefty Razer mice use older-generation laser sensors that perform very poorly with a XIM.

I was thinking about the Razer Tartarus, or the Orbweaver Chroma. Does it feel weird? Is it even worth it?
If you use your left hand for the mouse, do NOT buy either of these devices. They are ergonomically designed for right-hand mouse users and are terrible for lefties. Many of the best features are tied into the thumb position, which is on the opposite side of the device than a lefty would use.

Logitech G13 is slightly better with an ambidextrous design, but the thumbstick is unusable for lefties, which removes any benefit of using one.

Z-Board Fang is truly ambidextrous, but they're hard to find and use membrane switches, which get mushy over time. I stopped using mine because a couple of buttons got stuck.

Check out https://azeron.eu. I've been a gamer for 40 years and this is the only left-handed keypad (strictly-speaking it's for the right hand) that I have ever seen. It's a fantastic device and I use it for every XIM game except Fortnite (it's easier to build via a kb). Production runs are limited, so you'll need to wait until a slot opens up.

Cooler Master is releasing the analog ControlPad in the next month or two. I have one pre-ordered on Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolermaster/controlpad-24-keys-with-analog-control. The only design flaw for a lefty is the larger space key, but two small keys in exchange is better for lefties who have less mouse buttons at our disposal.

You can also find ambidextrous one-handed keypads on Amazon, but mileage will vary as none of them are high quality devices.
« Last Edit: 04:05 PM - 07/09/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:04 PM - 07/09/19 »
Thanks for the tips, I was kind of looking at the Deathadder left handed edition but the G903 seems like a really good product. I’ll probably try it out in person before making a purchase just to be sure.
Now with the keyboard, any tips? I’ve never used it for gaming with my right hand, in fact I haven’t even used mouse since school, I’ve always had a Macbook.
     the death adder lefty works great on a reg soft pad, and even though the mouse's sensor was made pre 2013, its sensor tracks better than any mouse I own on a hard pad with the apex, to this day there's still pro gamers that's on the top 100 money list that still uses the right handed version of that mouse [ I've got all the big money lefty friendly mice on the market] I got a hyper x hybrid pad that's woven on the top of the pad and the mouse cant track right, its got a laser sensor instead of a reg optical sensor, the laser goes beyond the top surface which the  optical only reads the surface, probably why its tracking is so great on a had pad. I thought my zowie's ,g903, gpro and so on tracked perfect until I used that mouse on a hard pad.  you can tell the difference . its a 3500 dpi mouse , if the side of the mouse sloped inward instead of outward I would probably use the mouse but that combined with its slick glossy finish and its weight makes it a little hard to pick up and recenter on the mouse pad. Im not sure about the other razer mouse, [ I never owned one] I think it was called naga or something but they quit making it anyways. if your like me a not straped for cash the quest for the greastest mouse in the world is never ending. lol the first g903 I bought had a right mouse click button problem, the mouse felt so good when working right that I bought another one after getting the run around from Logitech, other than that I cant say one bad thing about the 903.I use the 903 over the Gpro wireless   but it fits my hand better.
« Last Edit: 02:20 PM - 07/09/19 by slickrick »

Offline Adam_

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:27 AM - 07/11/19 »
Thank you guys for all the tips, I really appreciate them.
G903 it is. If it feels off, Iíll get something else. Iím just going to wait to see that new keypad that hasnít been released yet. Until then, a keyboard will do just fine.
The learning curve is probably going to be painful as hell, as Iíve no experience using a mouse with my left hand. Iíll try to blame myself, not the mouse during that time.  :D