XIM Community

My xim4 Flashes in red and yellow. Help me please (ps4)  (Read 538 times)

Offline Freetunger

• View Profile
my xim4 since this morning does not work well. When I plug in my xim4 flashes in red and yellow then when does not plug in the keyboard everything works but When I plug it in xim4 Displays a green color then blinks red and yellow then stood. Can you give me a solution please

Offline kimlic99

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ErtuncTuna
Re: My xim4 Flashes in red and yellow. Help me please (ps4)
« Reply #1 on: 01:10 PM - 07/07/19 »
can u fix it

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 07:42 PM - 07/07/19 »
If it's flashing red and yellow over and over, this means it's a power fault (too much power is being drawn by your peripherals). Is your controller fully charged?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Barrysauch

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Thundering Evil
  • PSN ID: XTerrorHawk
My xim4 Flashes in red and yellow Help me please ps4
« Reply #3 on: 08:42 AM - 07/11/19 »
I've tried everything. Did the factory reset. It works fine after, but when everytime I unplug it from my console and back in again; it flashes red, green, blue. It never use to do this. With Xim4 or the Apex. I believe Microsoft has done something. Please help cause I'm tired of resetting to factory. I even backed up my configs, but it keeps flashing after I restore them.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 04:10 PM - 07/11/19 »
If it's due to power draw (red and yellow flashing), that's not a problem with the XIM. It means your mouse, keyboard or controller (or a combo thereof) requires more power than the console USB port can supply and causing your XIM setup to disconnect.

Fully recharge the controller (or remove the battery if on XB1), make sure wireless devices are fully charged and disable LED lighting on the kb. If it still doesn't work, you may need a power adapter.

Head to eBay or Amazon and search for a power adapter with these specs - 5V 3A power adapter  ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive). Make sure it meets these exact specs to avoid damaging your equipment.

I'm not convinced that's happening though based on the mention of backing up and restoring configs. It sounds more like you have a corrupted config, which will continue to be corrupted on every restore.

Do one more config restore, take notes or screengrabs of your config settings, then Factory Reset again. This time, don't restore the configs again, recreate them from scratch.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin