XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Xim 4 problem after 2 years  (Read 243 times)

Offline bonoman

• View Profile
[RESOLVED] Xim 4 problem after 2 years
« on: 10:25 AM - 07/03/19 »
I have a problem and I donít know how to resolve:
I used my XIM4 without problems 2 years but today I canít play any games because I think is a problem between xim4 and ps4 controller.Any command or mouse gestures I do my ps4 pro donít receive nothing.  I just checked with 2 controller and same problem.
1- the micro usb cable from controller to xim4 itís ok
2- usb cable from xim to ps4 pro itís ok
3- keyboard and mouse have connection with xim4 ok
4- in my phone app I see all pushed keys and mouse gesture  but my ps4 pro donít receive nothing from this commands.
5- On my ps4 I have: setting/ device/ controllers/ communication method ďuse usb cableĒ
6- I have last firmware version on xim4, I try with xim4 factory reset but nothing is happened.
7- when I connect the controller to xim4 and to my ps4 pro , xim4 just charge the controller. Any key from keyboard or any mouse gestures donít will be send to ps4.
Please help me wit this problem.
Sorry for my bad English
« Last Edit: 04:37 PM - 07/16/19 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim 4 problem after 2 years
« Reply #1 on: 02:16 PM - 07/03/19 »
hey,

what kind of controller are you using? The one from the Pro? If so you need to update your xim or else it wont support that controller (and therefore your inputs wont work with the console). If you dont want to upgrade you can use the controller from the old console.
Update: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:37 PM - 07/03/19 »
Your English is good. Thank you for sharing those details. I know that you said your cables are ok but other cables should be tested between XIM4 and controller and XIM4 and console. Next, connect the controller directly to the console to charge.

What icons do you see at the top of Manager?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline bonoman

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim 4 problem after 2 years
« Reply #3 on: 10:24 AM - 07/04/19 »
All cableís ok, I have this two controllers  from beginning and I used this two for 2 years with my xim4 without any problems until yesterday. All commands I do from keyboard or mouse I can see on the xim manager on my iPhone but my ps4 pro donít receive this commands. This means that xim4 receive commands from keyboard and mouse but donít transmit to my ps4

Offline bonoman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:27 AM - 07/04/19 »
hey,

what kind of controller are you using? The one from the Pro? If so you need to update your xim or else it wont support that controller (and therefore your inputs wont work with the console). If you dont want to upgrade you can use the controller from the old console.
Update: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0

With this controller ( 2 ps4 pro controllers ) I played without problem for about 2 years with my xim4 until yesterday when my problem has come

Offline bonoman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:35 AM - 07/04/19 »
Until yesterday when I connect controller to my xim 4 instantly my ps4 pro recognize controler and I select my account on the screen and after that all games works fine with keyboard and mouse with xim4. Today when I connect same controller my ps4 donít have any reaction.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 10:35 AM - 07/04/19 »
Have you tried swapping ports? Meaning, plug your controller into the one you normally plug your mouse and mouse into the one you plug your controller? If so, what happens?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline bonoman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:17 PM - 07/06/19 »
Have you tried swapping ports? Meaning, plug your controller into the one you normally plug your mouse and mouse into the one you plug your controller? If so, what happens?

Hi, I will try tomorrow and I will tell you what happens

Offline bonoman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:35 PM - 07/07/19 »
I just try to swap usb ports : mouse in controller usb and controller in mouse usb but nothingís happened. Xim4 device receive all commands from keyboard and mouse ( I see that from lights and in Iphone app) but ps4 donít receive any commands and ps4 donít recognize the controller when I plug the cable in  controller and in the xim4. I donít know what to do with that problem. Is my xim4 broke and I need to buy  xim apex or is a chance to resolve the problem?

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 07:43 PM - 07/07/19 »
As it's the same behavior when you swap ports, then, the issue isn't with your XIM4. Have you tried a different USB cable to connect your controller?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline bonoman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:33 PM - 07/08/19 »
Tomorrow I will buy new micro usb cable for controller and we see if problem persist. I will buy a good quality cable not cheap one

Offline bonoman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:25 AM - 07/11/19 »
I tried with a new cable and i have same problem. I donít know what to do :(
The new cable is ok , I put cable in controller and on ps4 and itís recognized by the ps4 ( appears like is usb connected ) but when i plug in my controller in xim 4 the ps4 donít recognize the controller.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:26 PM - 07/11/19 »
Could you try the new cable between XIM and console next?

Offline bonoman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:49 AM - 07/12/19 »
Could you try the new cable between XIM and console next?

I tried and same problem : all commands from keyboard or mouse , xim receive this commands but the controller donít send to ps4.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:13 AM - 07/12/19 »
Are you able to factory reset this XIM4?

You can find the latest XIM4 firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0