XIM Community

XIM Link 1.4.2 is out!  (Read 36834 times)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIM Link 1.4.2 is out!
« on: 02:08 PM - 07/01/19 »
XIM Link is a community created project and is not officially supported by XIM Technologies.

https://github.com/W11cE/XIM-Link/blob/master/Official%20Releases/XIM%20Link%201.4.2.0%20Setup.msi
Here is finally a fix for the dragging issue on windows 10 update 1903. If they fix the problem with the api in the future, I will enable the acrylic blur. It is disabled for now if the windows has this update.

Also another thing in this update: XIM 4 support!
If you have already used Link before, you will have apex as an output device. If it is a fresh install, you have to add either Apex or XIM 4 as an output device manually. XIM 4 will still use XIM 4 Manager, so it must be installed.

As the Link is manipulating and controlling external process (XIM 4 Manager), that I have not coded myself, there could still be a case that causes Link to crash if something happens to the manager. However it should work now much better than with Sandhawc. For example a translator update is detected and the connection will not stall and crash like before.

Also there is currently no proper way to restart XIM 4 Manager from Link. The only 2 ways are either Link restart or removing XIM 4 from output devices and adding it again.
« Last Edit: 12:08 PM - 06/27/20 by OBsIV »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM Link 1.4.2 is out!
« Reply #1 on: 06:12 PM - 07/01/19 »
XIM4 support lets go! :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Jermar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:11 AM - 07/03/19 »
I downloaded the new build but itís still crashing at launch. Iím on 1903, but donít have access to the crash log atm. Iíll add later, but am curious if anyone else is having issues.

Offline RobG24

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Fierce1fool
« Reply #3 on: 07:54 AM - 07/03/19 »
No issues so far. You may need to do a hard uninstall of the previous version, then install the new one.

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:53 PM - 07/12/19 »
thank you very much ! I will try it tomorrow.

Offline arjungg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: arjungg
  • PSN ID: arjungg2
« Reply #5 on: 07:35 PM - 07/16/19 »
XIM4 support lets go! :)

Been waiting FOREVAHHH! thanks!!

Offline KUFNUKEM

• Loooooooot! Destiny & other Shooters, Ger/Eng
    • View Profile
    • Kufnukem@TWITCH
  • PSN ID: KUFNUKEM
« Reply #6 on: 06:31 AM - 07/17/19 »
Thank you for the great work
---
XIM APEX, Logitech G903, Corsair K70 LUX RGB, Astro A40 TR / Astro A50

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:11 PM - 07/18/19 »
I wish my xim 4 still worked, I still have it in the box it came in. Hah

Offline tkon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:40 PM - 07/22/19 »
@W11cE

I'm currently having an issue using the xim apex plugged into my PC while using LINK as the left stick will drift any direction of the last input.  Is this not supported to be used on PC?

Offline HoDaDor

• Your friendly neighborhood Hodor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:53 PM - 07/24/19 »
https://github.com/W11cE/XIM-Link/blob/master/Official%20Releases/XIM%20Link%201.4.2.0%20Setup.msi
Here is finally a fix for the dragging issue on windows 10 update 1903. If they fix the problem with the api in the future, I will enable the acrylic blur. It is disabled for now if the windows has this update.

Also another thing in this update: XIM 4 support!
If you have already used Link before, you will have apex as an output device. If it is a fresh install, you have to add either Apex or XIM 4 as an output device manually. XIM 4 will still use XIM 4 Manager, so it must be installed.

As the Link is manipulating and controlling external process (XIM 4 Manager), that I have not coded myself, there could still be a case that causes Link to crash if something happens to the manager. However it should work now much better than with Sandhawc. For example a translator update is detected and the connection will not stall and crash like before.

Also there is currently no proper way to restart XIM 4 Manager from Link. The only 2 ways are either Link restart or removing XIM 4 from output devices and adding it again.

Awesome! Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this project.

Would it be possible to add a relay feature to pass commands unaltered through to the console? With the recent implementation of keyboard and mouse support, some games meow naively support M&K input and I would very much prefer to take advantage of that without unplugging and plugging my M&K or invest in more hardware than I need each time I want to play certain games on console.

For example, Warframe, to activate abilities, you need to hold right bumper to open the ability menu and select an ability by hitting one of the buttons and a similar process with consumables where you hold the down button on the d-pad and use the joystick to select an item and hit 'a' to consume/use.

Problem is, the game is glitchy and sometimes my bumper button does not release, this is for sure a game issue since this never happens with other games I play. I currently have macros set on my mouse and keyboard for one button activation of essential actions but because of the game's glitchy latency, buttons stick or overlap. This causes a lot of problems when the action is intense and multiple rapid inputs are required.

I notice that I can remap each item in the ability menu and gear wheel to a hotkey, but I can't do this with the controller without remapping essential commands due to the limited number of buttons on the controller. I would like to be able to pass keyboard commands, unaltered, through the XIM to the Xbox tp circumvent the above issues, but I am not sure if the XIM supports that... 

Offline LameJutsu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AlphaUzumaki
« Reply #10 on: 06:52 PM - 08/14/19 »
I havent used xim apex since 1.0... and i recently decided to get back into it. I updated to the lastest version but now it wont work... Every time i try to open it, it opens for like 2 seconds and then closes. I checked my antivirus so that's not it. Im also up to date on windows updates soooo any clues?

NVM it was my antivirus. Apologies
« Last Edit: 07:04 PM - 08/14/19 by LameJutsu »

Offline LameJutsu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:13 PM - 08/15/19 »
Okay soo xim link was working fine on my ps4 slim yesterday and i tried it on my ps4 pro today and nothing... When i plug in my belkin to the pc i hear the windows noise so i know its picking it up... but on xim link it says not connected? Any clues as to what is going on?

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:26 AM - 08/16/19 »
Okay soo xim link was working fine on my ps4 slim yesterday and i tried it on my ps4 pro today and nothing... When i plug in my belkin to the pc i hear the windows noise so i know its picking it up... but on xim link it says not connected? Any clues as to what is going on?

Did you set communication method to Use USB in PS4 settings?
Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2 TKL | Glorious Model O Wireless | Corsair MM350

Xbox Series X | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S | PS3 | Xbox 360

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Top 500 Overwatch | Apex Predator | SBMM ruins games

Offline LameJutsu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:12 AM - 08/16/19 »

Yup, everything is the same. The only thing that changed was the ps4 model. I dunno why it wouldnt work now.

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:20 AM - 08/16/19 »

Yup, everything is the same. The only thing that changed was the ps4 model. I dunno why it wouldnt work now.

Completely Uninstall xim link, reinstall
try using another micro usb to controller
try switching the ports on the xim hub 1 controller, 2 belkin
try different usb ports on ps4

Admin