XIM Community

Poll

Does the new ST feel better or worse than the ST used before game update v1.68?

Better
Worse

Rainbow Six Siege - Controller curve  (Read 16846 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow Six Siege - Controller curve
« Reply #60 on: 11:36 AM - 07/05/19 »
Yeah, I'm also on PS4 and the problem is most noticeable in ADS but I definitely feel it in Hip as well.
I've never noticed before that the micro movements are weird, I could move the mouse from to pixel to pixel with no jumping or skipping whatsoever but I guess it's due to my settings which I haven't changed btw, so it's the same I used for the previous ST and in Classic controller setting.

Sync: Common (I tried default too, mostly the same results)
Smoothing: 5
ADS: 11
DPI: 3200

Thanks for looking into it!

Thanks for sharing. Did I read correctly that you are not experiencing pixel jump with the settings you shared? I'm testing these settings now and don't experience jitter/jumping.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Chazzy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Aqueox
« Reply #61 on: 11:44 AM - 07/05/19 »
Yeah, I'm also on PS4 and the problem is most noticeable in ADS but I definitely feel it in Hip as well.
I've never noticed before that the micro movements are weird, I could move the mouse from to pixel to pixel with no jumping or skipping whatsoever but I guess it's due to my settings which I haven't changed btw, so it's the same I used for the previous ST and in Classic controller setting.

Thanks for sharing. Did I read correctly that you are not experiencing pixel jump with the settings you shared? I'm testing these settings now and don't experience jitter/jumping.

I'm on Xbox, 12k DPI, 1000hz (switched to 500hz very recently, for testing purposes), sync I tried them all except slow, sensitivities I've not dialed in, but generally keep it high. It seems the turn speed cap has been lowered with the new look mechanic as well. Mouse is a G403.

Offline MrCube

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 11:59 AM - 07/05/19 »

No, sorry, I phrased it wrong, I do experience it now. I didn't experience this before the new updated setting and ST.

I haven't deleted my previous ST, so I can go back to it and when I do (also change controller setting back to classic), this behavior goes away, so no pixel skipping at slow movements.I also don't have this problem in any other game, I tested it today to rule out if I have a problem with the mouse.

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 12:07 PM - 07/05/19 »
So from what I understand, the amount of time-based acceleration (aim smoothing) didn't change, not even by a tiny bit. In that case, what are the benefits of the new ST using updated aiming instead of classic?

Offline SolitaryNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 12:38 PM - 07/05/19 »
It seems like a lot of these reports are coming from PS4 users. The acog has always had noticeably worse micro movement in this game so keep that in mind when testing.

Those of you who are having issues with the new ST could you please share:

Platform:
Issue with Hip or ADS?
Sync:
ADS sensitivity:
DPI:

Platform: PS4
ADS with ACOG seems to be main issue with jittery micro movements, still noticeable with holo sights but not as much.
Sync: Common
ADS sensitivity: ACOG - 8.5, holo - 14,
Hip sensitivity - 15
No smoothing
DPI: 4000
Poll rate: 500hz
« Last Edit: 12:52 PM - 07/05/19 by SolitaryNoob »

Offline Algimantas87

• If you can't beat them,†join them.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NO_F3AR_MnK_HERE
« Reply #65 on: 01:48 PM - 07/05/19 »
It seems like a lot of these reports are coming from PS4 users. The acog has always had noticeably worse micro movement in this game so keep that in mind when testing.

Platform:
Issue with Hip or ADS?
Sync:
ADS sensitivity:
DPI:
Ps4
Ads really hard to shoot from longer distance doesnt matter if its AGOC or other
Harder to do 180 turn without xim blinking red and loosing more movement
DPI 3200
Default syncro
Ps4
Xim Apex
Platform:PS4
Mouse:Logitech G305 + G Pro Wireless
Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2
Mouse pad: Cooler Master  MP510 Gaming Surface - XL
Headphone: Steelseries arctis pro + gamedac
Monitor:Acer GF276Abmipx 27 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor

Offline WickedCreation

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 03:56 PM - 07/05/19 »
Xbox one x
Hip and ads
8 hip 6 ads
1000hz 8000dpi g502 lightspeed

I'm playing on it now and I've gotten "used to it". But there's DEF a movement difference trying to move perfectly horizontal or verticle.  It's not crazy bad, but def loose the perfect locked movement.  If I try to rotate horizontal and or verticle it feels like I have to really struggle to correct my mouse to stay on course.  It's not moving a ton of pixels but has what I would consider like others described as a slight sine wave.

Offline WickedCreation

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 05:16 PM - 07/05/19 »
I just went into a custom match alone lol, to just play with stuff and compare the classic ST vs the updated ST.  I put laser sights on both hand gun and rifle and picked a room and looked at a door jamb.  The best way I can describe the difference between the STs is if you hip or ads on the verticle door jamb and try and trace up and down and stay perfect with the jamb is far easier on the classic ST.  The laser sight in hip really helps you visualize what is happening and the laser drifts side to side a lil as you move.

The updated curve ST is decent but def feels like it more sensitive to any slight horizontal movement you might induce.  Adding a lil bit of steady aim seemed to help keep me locked perfectly verticle up and down on the door jamb.

Interesting to note, try using the new ST with the classic curve in the game and you will see that you can hold almost perfect verticle and horizontal sweeps.  It's almost usable but seems like deadzones need adjusting. 

Offline mostafa.habib.hasan

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CR1MS0N_AUR0RA
« Reply #68 on: 08:31 AM - 07/06/19 »
Guys I'm kinda new here but can anyone tell me how to get the old config back? I'd prefer using that. Not really a fan of this wavy movement.

Offline MrCube

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 08:44 AM - 07/06/19 »
I played a lot of matches yesterday and I must say, the new ST and updated setting definitely feels better then what we had before, it gives more confidence as I can snap to whatever I want consistently.

However, at a longer range, it's still shaky and more sensitive than it should be I think. I haven't find a way to eliminate or at least minimize that without interfering with the overall feel but I'll keep trying.

@mostafa.habib.hasan: Unfortunately, I don't know how to get it back, I read somewhere here in the forum that you can't but I'm not sure.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 09:12 AM - 07/06/19 »

Issue with Hip or ADS: Both. Mainly micro with pixel jumping. I switch back to the old ST and it's perfect.
Sync: Common, I've also tried all the others
ADS sensitivity: 16
DPI: 4000
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline ChrisV

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 09:29 AM - 07/06/19 »
Issue with Hip or ADS: Both. looks like little waves when i try to aim a straight line
Sync: off
ADS sensitivity: 183
1000hz/ G703
« Last Edit: 11:28 AM - 07/06/19 by ChrisV »

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 09:36 AM - 07/06/19 »
Issue with Hip or ADS: Both. looks like little waves when i try to aim a straight line
Sync: off
ADS sensitivity: 183

Yes waves is a good way to describe it. Feels like Iím on a boat lol
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Dhrny31

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 10:20 AM - 07/06/19 »
Platform: PS4 (XIM4)
Issue with Hip or ADS? ADS, Can't keep crosshair steady. At distance the crosshair moves floaty. I got the old ST where I constantly kept switching back to confirm it's because of the new ST
Sync: default xim4
ADS sensitivity: 5,5
DPI: 12k

Offline kevinhirose

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 08:03 PM - 07/06/19 »
The new ST definitely feels weird and I do think there is some problems to it. I haven't had a problem tracing a horizontal or vertical line and I can snap to places where I want way more consistently now but there are time when it feels too jittery or sluggish. This problem especially happens from the hip where I can't even make a complete 360 now no matter how high I turn up my sensitivity. From the hip it feels way to sluggish and jittery and when ADS with acog it also feels a bit jittery. I would definitely enjoy and option to have the ST for the classic curve still available.

Admin