XIM Community

fortnite high dpi an low dpi  (Read 529 times)

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: YT Boogeyman
fortnite high dpi an low dpi
« on: 06:01 PM - 09/21/20 »
has anyone played with fortnite low dpi an high dpi an tested alot??? its the only game i play so cant compare it really to other games. but most people say high dpi cuts though aim assist more etc etc i feel like to some degree i agree but what i also noticed is with high dpi in fortnite i also notice sometimes it seems to be sticky an sometimes help follow the character when tracking with hip fire or even ads. the only thing i can think of is either 1. the aim assist is kicking off an on due to the high dpi confusing the controller not sure if thats possible though. or 2. the higher dpi is so sensitive that its similar to when players like faze sway lowered his deadzone i think to like as low as possible 5/5 and what he noticed was a character could jump up an down in front of him an his controller would almost follower the character by itself.

just curious if any others have experienced this ? cause sometimes  i swear 800 dpi actually cuts though aim assist more granted the feel is a little slower if you use dpi calculator. it almost seems like to me sometimes the more you try to make your config like pc 1000hz,off sync max dpi its almost like the more responsive your game is the stickier aim assist is which i wonder if its cause your getting so far from controller like behavior it causes the xim to act that way. which makes me think mj fames config worked well cause it was probably closest to controller like behavior...cause ive tried testing multiple times the "sensitivity multplier curve" and as far as aim assist an feel went it changed nothing. i honestly think its just the 800 dpi that helped an the smoothing probably also in its own way.

as much testing as i do though its so hard to tell true results cause either the game itself or just the servers are so random it feels like creative alone especially creative fill feels way different then in a pub match with the same exact config.  i wish there was a true way to test an have 100% results almost need alan mcgregor an has fancy testing methods lol. but i know hands down everyone says high dpi high hz high everything means cuts through aim assist but idk sometimes to me it almost makes its stickier. example i was box fighting in creative max dpi yes it was responsvive an fast but when i switched to 800 dpi it wasnt quite as responsive but it seems i cut through the aim assist more an hit more head shots an hip fire ar shots.

Offline Naj

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: najmul_2k10
Re: fortnite high dpi an low dpi
« Reply #1 on: 07:48 PM - 09/21/20 »
I've found low dpi to work well with fornite . I used to play high dpi but due to epic nerfing aim assist twice its alot harder to hit shots with high dpi .

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:00 PM - 09/21/20 »
I've found low dpi to work well with fornite . I used to play high dpi but due to epic nerfing aim assist twice its alot harder to hit shots with high dpi .

ya idk hard to tell honestly i can never tell what settings are actually cutting through aim assist or stickier

Offline Naj

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:16 PM - 09/22/20 »
Its preference.

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:29 PM - 09/22/20 »
Its preference.

What are you using now since you mentioned changing it

Offline Naj

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:38 PM - 09/22/20 »
Its preference.

What are you using now since you mentioned changing it

3200 . Feels good , nice aim assit with default

Offline TammyGucci

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TammyGucci
« Reply #6 on: 06:48 PM - 10/03/20 »
Naj can we get your current settings?

Offline Naj

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:07 AM - 10/05/20 »
Naj can we get your current settings?

They 3200dpi for a stronger aim assit with default settings . What exactly struggling with ? Building/ editing ? Or finding ur sense  .

Offline TammyGucci

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TammyGucci
« Reply #8 on: 12:56 AM - 10/06/20 »
Nothing feels good anymore. Just sens and aim balance I guess. What sync do you use? What hz on mouse? Any SAB or smoothing?

Admin