XIM Community

Last Beta giving problems with aiming apex legends and fornite  (Read 5709 times)

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
This breaks my heart.

I was so happy with the performance in apex legends before this cancer game got updated for season 2...
Now i tried everything, every bit of settings since 2days been trying to tweak. but no, Just the *tarnation* devs of respawn broke the aim assisst again, making it impossible to aim precisely, unless you use 2-3 rounds on a single player..
Which was not the case in previous build of apex legends.

So i doubt xim devs can do anything about it.  Turning off aim assisst is not an option aswell, because it is already a huge disadvantage because aa on apex is like an aimbot, so controllers can easily beat you.

Hoping for the future respawn updates
Sorry, but are you saying that you can't aim precisely with a mouse unless the AA is as strong as an aimbot? Or did I miss something?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Convivium

• View Profile
Thanks. I tried different USB connections. Still disconnects.

Could it possibly be PUBG sending out a packet to check controllers?

That wouldn't explain why you aren't seeing this on 0613.

True.

I know PUBG had a hotfix release on Tuesday to fix some minor issue with some challenge, it was the same day as the 07022019 beta release. I know for a fact they don't disclose everything to the community in the patches or hotfix they release.

I just thought they may have decided to do something like this over the 4th of July holiday weekend because they thought more people might be playing and wanted to identify real controllers vs controller ID pass through devices.

On Wednesdy, I had been playing for a few hours and saw the download icon in the XIM Manager. I checked online and saw the new Beta firmware release. I updated the firmware and downloaded the new XIM Manager from TestFlight.

Ever since, I have been disconnected once, sometimes twice per match (although not as frequent). I started keeping track and the most often occurrence happens within the first 5-minutes of jumping from the plane.

After the disconnect, the rest of the match goes flawless unless I get a two timer match (twice in one match, only happened a handful of times).

When it disconnects, I unplug the power to the XIM Hub and disconnect the XIM from the Xbox then plug it back in, turn on the controller and plug in the AC adapter in and everything works fine.

Today, I did a factory reset this morning, upgraded to 07022019 firmware, erased the XIM Manager and re-downloaded. I plan  to NOT restore my profiles from the backup and I will create new profile for the game.

Last ditch effort before I start replacing peripherals.

OBsIV, what is the correct AC adapter size (pin and hole diameter) that I should be using?

I bought the suggested one from Amazon. I tested my adapter today. My adapter is outputting 5.233 Volts with 2.612 Amps. I am using type-J connector. Center positive and has a red tip on the end of the connector. It powers the XIM Hub with nothing plugged in so I assume its working.

Offline BestRyzeEu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BestRyzeeuu
This breaks my heart.

I was so happy with the performance in apex legends before this cancer game got updated for season 2...
Now i tried everything, every bit of settings since 2days been trying to tweak. but no, Just the *tarnation* devs of respawn broke the aim assisst again, making it impossible to aim precisely, unless you use 2-3 rounds on a single player..
Which was not the case in previous build of apex legends.

So i doubt xim devs can do anything about it.  Turning off aim assisst is not an option aswell, because it is already a huge disadvantage because aa on apex is like an aimbot, so controllers can easily beat you.

Hoping for the future respawn updates
Sorry, but are you saying that you can't aim precisely with a mouse unless the AA is as strong as an aimbot? Or did I miss something?

Yes, youve missed my post entirely.

I mean that i only need a small aim assisst, hardly noticeable, just to assisst me a little and not throw me off the target

Offline Convivium

• View Profile
Thanks. I tried different USB connections. Still disconnects.

Could it possibly be PUBG sending out a packet to check controllers?

That wouldn't explain why you aren't seeing this on 0613.

OBsIV, my problem is fixed.

Apparently, when I used my XB1 controller to play a game on my PC through XBOX Gamepass Ultimate it altered some timing structure needed for my XB1 console. I had to connect my controller to my PC and some Microsoft Tech guy fixed it over a remote session.

I couldn't see what he did because the program he ran didn't show anything on my end. It took about 5 minutes once he got remote access. However, it took 2 hours of being on hold and being transferred around, which sucked.

I may have been something he fixed in the Windows Registry, I am unsure.

But everything works correctly now with firmware 07021019 on my console.
« Last Edit: 04:56 PM - 07/06/19 by Convivium »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Apparently, when I used my XB1 controller to play a game on my PC through XBOX Gamepass Ultimate it altered some timing structure needed for my XB1 console. I had to connect my controller to my PC and some Microsoft Tech guy fixed it over a remote session.

??? This is a new one, I've never heard anything like this before. Was the firmware on your controller updated or something?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline $

• View Profile
Imo the best aiming beta EVER was the 0601 or 0603 right after the new ST update for fortnite. My aim never felt as precise and aim assist bubble was not an issue at all. And ive used the older xims too.

Offline s0N1c

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SONIC7
Hi everyone. Almost every game was getting 10-15 kills. However, İ start to get 2-3 kills in the last week and I started to feel very bad. I tried RML and d1sable’s settings 702. But it certainly felt bad to me. Please find a solution for this, friends
G305 // G413 // LG 27’ 1ms // XBOX X

Admin