XIM Community

OBsIV, how is production going?  (Read 21775 times)

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: OBsIV, how is production going?
« Reply #45 on: 10:03 PM - 01/08/11 »
I think we've found our resident expert on all things latency.
That's a lot of data toys. :)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline reqless

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10:05 PM - 01/08/11 »
Ok first lets get this out of the way. You guys that hijacked this thread to talk about 4 BLEEP ms are way out of line. You wanna talk about 4 ms start your own BLEEP thread(the bleeped out words are all caps).

Second toys has cleared up the 4 ms issue over and over and over. STOP BLEEP WHINING ABOUT IT! I've played COD for 7 years now and that is about the same experience time for most of the people on here. If you say that 4 ms makes any difference between life and death you have your head so far up your own @#$% that its rediculous. I've played with the XIM2 for a few months now and its amazing and you know what, the 4 ms DOESN'T MAKE ANY BLEEP DIFFERENCE.

Sorry to pull the "mod card" on you, but your post sounded a little immature and childish. None of the threads in this forum ever stay 100% on topic, and because of that people get to learn new info.

Be kind to your fellow XIMers.  We are all decent human beings here with similar interests, so treat each-other with respect.
PC, PS4, & Switch | XIM Apex | M: ASUS VG248QE | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Corsair K95 | A: MMX300 + Mixamp | M: Zowie ZA12 | DPI: 3200

Offline Cool_Breeze

• MVP
  • Another gamer from down under
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: C00LBr33Zzze
« Reply #47 on: 10:50 PM - 01/08/11 »
That's a lot of data toys. :)

I didnt expect anything less..... now get out there toys and get us some more demo vids !!!  oorah !

Xbox360 Slim : Microsoft // XIM3 : XIM Technologies
A40 Mix Amp : ASTRO Gaming // MLG A40 Headset : ASTRO Gaming
N52TE : Belkin // G500 : Logitech
Wired Controller : Microsoft // 32" LCD Television : Sharp

Offline Jacob P41N

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: akdov 4670
« Reply #48 on: 11:13 PM - 01/08/11 »
Toys, i like the exaguration of values you have used... Really in depth, helps to justify my point exactly.

Mouse: CM Sentinel Storm
Keyboard: Laser Wolf Claw
Audio: Razer thresher
Console: Xbox One
Monitor: Asus 22" VW227D
Gaming Surface: Razer Goliathus 440x355

Offline MarikCraven

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11:16 PM - 01/08/11 »
Toys, i like the exaguration of values you have used... Really in depth, helps to justify my point exactly.

Source?

Offline Jacob P41N

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11:23 PM - 01/08/11 »
3rd page....

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01:25 AM - 01/09/11 »
I can see everyones point of not noticing the 4ms difference... but it doe exist and 4ms will in one case or another make the You live or You die scenario... just saying, it is not noticeable but it does exist and in one time or another you will have needed it without even knowing.

1 second = 1000 milliseconds

The average humans reaction time is .25 seconds (250 milliseconds) and that is on the top of your game.

If you reacted 4 MS after someone els, and started shooting at him 4 ms after he had started shooting you than you will both die.  Would not make any difference.

If someone knifed you 4 ms before you knifed them (in COD) then the faster internet connection would probably take that one.

You would need to be playing someone with the exact same connection as you and the exact same number of bars, ping ect  AND come in with those next to impossible odds of reacting exactly 5,6 or 7 ms after them to make that 4 ms difference from 8 ms to make any sort of a difference..which would still not be noticable.

This post took me 143,000 milliseconds to write.

None of the threads in this forum ever stay 100% on topic, and because of that people get to learn new info.
  Exactly :) much is learned from off topic threads!

Anybody know what the "Watch with Party" on Netflix is?? Does it mean i can stream it to other people with Xbox360s that do not have a netflix account??
« Last Edit: 01:35 AM - 01/09/11 by username »

Offline MarikCraven

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 02:51 AM - 01/09/11 »
3rd page....

No I meant source of your information contradicting Toy's.

Offline Jacob P41N

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05:49 AM - 01/09/11 »
There isn't any, but i support the information he brought to the thread, I purposely use a smaller 22" lcd to get a lower delay at 75hz even if the 360's output is 60hz, You can change it in video preferences for a max of 75 i found though......

It's not about the one tool making a difference, but your whole setup in combination having the lowest delay possible will make a difference.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07:41 AM - 01/09/11 »
hehe. amazing what you learn from years of watching not just hardware benchmarks, but game engine benchmarks. =D

-Derek Wilson, Anandtech
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 07:42 AM - 01/09/11 »
hehe. amazing what you learn from years of watching not just hardware benchmarks, but game engine benchmarks. =D

http://img413.imageshack.us/i/longlag.png
-Derek Wilson, Anandtech
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10:06 AM - 01/09/11 »

Anybody know what the "Watch with Party" on Netflix is?? Does it mean i can stream it to other people with Xbox360s that do not have a netflix account??
I have Netflix and I do believe that you can watch it with someone else as you suggest. I do remember our avatars sitting in the theatre together watching a movie.
There are topics all over about this, and you gave him a fish. Teach him to fish.
Amazing the things you can learn if you read for a few hours.

Offline bluemanemt

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 11:32 AM - 01/09/11 »
of course my post was childish and immature. Arguments whether rational or irrational are always childish and immature in some way. Its just on every forum I've ever been on be it XIM airsoft hauntedattractions you get these guys that haven't even been invested in the idea for more than a day and they are already complaining about what is wrong with everything.  All I'm saying is, if the 4 ms is THAT much of a big deal to these guys. Than may I ask them to politely go BLEEP themselves and buy something else(I wanted to stay consistent with my childish and immature remarks :)

I have been plagued, as many others have I'm sure, by the fact that I am awesome with m/kb and suck ROYALY with analog. ALL of my friends play console and I'm stuck on a pc that is outdated and to expensive for me to fix. One day I stumble SOMEHOW across this thing called an XIM2 and I took a chance and bought it. At first I'll admit I was EXTREMELY hesitant about this purchase and rightly so because when i got the @#$% thing it took me a day to figure out what the hell it was I was doing wrong. The exact moment after I got it all worked out and played that first match of COD on an XBOX with a m/kb I can't tell you the happiness that washed over me.

SO. When I hear these douchbags complaining about 4 ms on a machine that literally saved me from stress over school work and family, I get a little pissed off childish and IMMATURE!

Offline JerryHatrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 12:14 PM - 01/09/11 »

I have been plagued, as many others have I'm sure, by the fact that I am awesome with m/kb and suck ROYALY with analog. ALL of my friends play console and I'm stuck on a pc

I hear that!

Offline lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 12:15 PM - 01/09/11 »

I have Netflix and I do believe that you can watch it with someone else as you suggest. I do remember our avatars sitting in the theatre together watching a movie.
I tested this, when I tried to click on someone without Netflix to join a show it wouldn't let me.
There are topics all over about this, and you gave him a fish. Teach him to fish.
Amazing the things you can learn if you read for a few hours.