XIM Community

OBsIV, how is production going?  (Read 21774 times)

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: OBsIV, how is production going?
« Reply #30 on: 10:31 AM - 01/07/11 »
I cant notice any lag with My Xim2 personally.

Is the delay between Xim2 and Xim3 really going to have any noticeable difference?

Offline Jacob P41N

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: akdov 4670
« Reply #31 on: 10:48 AM - 01/07/11 »

So that snake oil can be sold to audiophiles that think a $2,500 cable will make a difference in sound?

It is in no way snake oil just the fastest possible connection and 2,500 is too much to pay for it anyway...

The best I can do is 8ms. Will a 4ms reduction really make that big is difference?

To be honest i've not used anything longterm that was above 20ms delay from periphereal to screen... 12 might not make a noticeable difference, think i've got a little pre-purchase paranoia

Mouse: CM Sentinel Storm
Keyboard: Laser Wolf Claw
Audio: Razer thresher
Console: Xbox One
Monitor: Asus 22" VW227D
Gaming Surface: Razer Goliathus 440x355

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11:08 AM - 01/07/11 »
no, mouse to xim3 (or on a pc's case mouse to PC) needs to be as fast as possible to ensure the most current data is always present when the system get's around to needing it.

in the xim3's case, the xbox to xim3's link simply runs as fast as it wants to run at all times. 125htz usb link while the xbox requests updates from the xim3 at whatever rate the game is programmed for. this way the xbox-> xim3 is always in sync.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline flyphil76

• lol cakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11:24 AM - 01/07/11 »
Just make it 0 milliseconds and call it a deal. Problem solved.
Sent from my iDevice.

Offline hot shot

• Super Caliber
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05:47 PM - 01/07/11 »
Why do you EU kids use Paypal? Paypal is such a rip off.

This is a good question and its difficult to answer.
The European Union has 27 member states. The people of those states have different online buying habits.

I can't say much about all european countries, but I'm living in germany and provided some numbers from an article over here. This post might not answer your question directly, but may put things into perspective.
Nom nom nom, mmmhh sandvich.

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:04 PM - 01/07/11 »
good post, good article. define "via bill" for me. as in they send a bill & you mail them the money? thank god for google translate.

here everything online is credit card or paypal/ubid.
US Postal money orders were popular for a long time, but finally gave way to paypal.

i hate to start replying in a different thread, but paypal requires fees for the seller & buyer. it also requires more seller fees when processing more than X credit card transactions. this is why paypal is not very popular for retail sellers. its a hassle on their part & drives their costs up to recoupe their double losses.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline hot shot

• Super Caliber
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06:33 PM - 01/07/11 »
good post, good article.
Many thanks!

define "via bill" for me. as in they send a bill & you mail them the money?
A store sends the ordered product to the customer (with invoice) and he transfers the money from his banking account, after receiving the package (Überweisung / telegraphic transfer?).

thank god for google translate.
+1 ... and it translates in every direction :)

i hate to start replying in a different thread, but paypal requires fees for the seller & buyer. it also requires more seller fees when processing more than X credit card transactions. this is why paypal is not very popular for retail sellers. its a hassle on their part & drives their costs up to recoupe their double losses.
This is a conclusive argument against PayPal, i'll respect OBsiv's decision either way.
My virtual prepaid credit card is allready charged, so i'll choose this payment option.
Nom nom nom, mmmhh sandvich.

Offline Jacob P41N

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09:06 AM - 01/08/11 »
Thought I'd point out that the delay difference between a wired and wireless xbox controller is 4 milliseconds. I'm currently using wireless, and there is absolutely no visible lag-time. Switching to wired will remove that 4ms lag, and then the XIM3 will add 8ms, for a net gain of only 4ms. I don't think it'll be a problem.

I can see everyones point of not noticing the 4ms difference... but it doe exist and 4ms will in one case or another make the You live or You die scenario... just saying, it is not noticeable but it does exist and in one time or another you will have needed it without even knowing.... XD

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11:26 AM - 01/08/11 »
but it doe exist and 4ms will in one case or another make the You live or You die scenario.

Id be more concerned at the internet lag as opposed to the input lag when it comes to living and dieing.
« Last Edit: 11:37 AM - 01/08/11 by Gabbagod »

Offline Jacob P41N

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11:37 AM - 01/08/11 »
ha.. i already show concern man, kinda pointless when your using the dodgey ' good connection ' settings and you got skiddy noobs dosing the host because they have 1 blip under green bar.... /sadface

Massicor

« Reply #40 on: 05:28 PM - 01/08/11 »
12 > 8 ms although probly not any noticeable differance ..its always good to know your gettin even more for your money for a great product . so 8 ms would be great ..but isnt required:P

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06:25 PM - 01/08/11 »
Jacob your logic is flawed. The problem is that you are not dealing with absolute latency values. You're dealing with simply getting an input done in a large window of opportunity before any amount of lag makes a difference to the end result. (The response time of the game)

The problem is that this is what a video game looks like:
33.3 micro seconds for a G9X mouse to detect movement
1-2ms to transfer this via 1000htz USB
1-10ms CPU processing time for processing ALL non-GFX related CPU tasks, inputs, game logic, etc.
1-10ms for CPU to process & prepare the GFX data AND upload it to the video system
10-30ms Video system processing time
16.67ms of lag for one frame to be transfered @ 60htz via dvi/hdmi/display port
Double this if the video frame buffer updates before the last full image is transfered. (the next half of the image must wait until the current half is finished)
Double again if you are using a device that waits to receive the ENTIRE frame before updating.

2-16ms for a good LCD monitor's pixels to change

Basically, we've spent a couple to a few ms of time working on non-video related issues at 33-100fps. Typically, only 3-4ms between mouse detecting movement & ALL CPU processing done per frame...

That's what it looks like for your typical 30-100fps game on input lag.
Now here's the kicker. On console we run 20-60fps games. We're talking anywhere from a best case of 3 frame response time for Guitar Hero / Rock Band (50ms), COD 4-5 Frames (66.7ms), Then all your 30fps titles at a minimum of 100ms lag.
Now here's what you have to ask yourself. Do you really think that 4ms is going to make 2 @#$% and a giggle to a game like Halo that has 150ms worth of lag? 150-200 for Killzone? GTA?

Bottom line. If you do not have enough lag to cause you to miss a frame, it doesn't matter what the lag is. If you believe that adding 4ms of input lag causes you to miss a frame in a world of 30fps titles. Then so-be it.
[/size]

Offline Halowood

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: IHalowoodI
  • PSN ID: IHalowoodI
« Reply #42 on: 09:27 PM - 01/08/11 »
Just make it 0 milliseconds and call it a deal. Problem solved.

I'll buy one at -1000 ms. Hell I'd take 3.

Offline bluemanemt

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09:48 PM - 01/08/11 »
Ok first lets get this out of the way. You guys that hijacked this thread to talk about 4 BLEEP ms are way out of line. You wanna talk about 4 ms start your own BLEEP thread(the bleeped out words are all caps).

Second toys has cleared up the 4 ms issue over and over and over. STOP BLEEP WHINING ABOUT IT! I've played COD for 7 years now and that is about the same experience time for most of the people on here. If you say that 4 ms makes any difference between life and death you have your head so far up your own @#$% that its rediculous. I've played with the XIM2 for a few months now and its amazing and you know what, the 4 ms DOESN'T MAKE ANY BLEEP DIFFERENCE.

Third and most important. Do you think it would be more beneficial overtime for Obsiv to setup a merchant account to process credit and debit cards. The profit loss may be less than that compared to paypal. and possibly more secure for everyone in consideration?

(ps. apparently if you all caps f-ing than it doenst bleep it out).

Offline Razor

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GREATESTonEARTH
  • PSN ID: Khromatique
« Reply #44 on: 09:51 PM - 01/08/11 »
I'm glad people agree it's a waste of time to do. Because it is
I. Love. Sniping.