XIM Community

XIM APEX + LOGITECH 502HERO  (Read 722 times)

Offline Murat5968

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TURK__I907
XIM APEX + LOGITECH 502HERO
« on: 01:44 AM - 06/14/19 »
Hello, I need your help. I just bought the apex XIM and the Logitech g502 hero mouse to play on my PS4 at BO4. However, I do not know how many DPI put on my mouse, is what I have to set it to maximum, and what configuration then I do on the apex XIM

Thanks

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: XIM APEX + LOGITECH 502HERO
« Reply #1 on: 04:49 AM - 06/14/19 »
Welcome to the forums, Murat5968.

Have you watched the Instructional Videos? If so, set it to the highest DPI that your mouse supports and then set Hip and ADS sensitivity in Manager to whatever feels comfortable to you.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Murat5968

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TURK__I907
« Reply #2 on: 03:24 PM - 06/14/19 »
Good evening, thank you for taking the time to respond. I set my mouse to 16,000 DPI. But I do not find the right sensitivity on the apex xim. I've been looking for two days. I'm losing hope... Could you please help me

Offline Nunkey

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Nunkey
« Reply #3 on: 10:43 PM - 06/17/19 »
I'm on xbox but it'll probably apply to ps4 too. Mine is set to 4000dpi and 500hz. It works for me pretty well. Higher dpi on a cloth pad can cause issues.

Offline alanwyatt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:28 AM - 06/18/19 »
I can't find the right sensitivity on the apex xim

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #5 on: 02:46 AM - 06/18/19 »
This is how I work out my ideal Hip and ADS sensitivities in CoD BO4. I use Sync off, 0 SAB and Boost and no Ballistics Curve (unless I'm sniping). I set the Y/X ratio to 1.25.

First, set your in-game sensitivity to its highest setting. In BO4 it should be 14 - Insane, IIRC.

Then go into a private match and place your character with a shoulder against a wall, looking down the length of it. Then adjust your Hip sensitivity until you can flick your character 180 so that you are looking down the wall in the opposite direction. Then reverse the flick as your clockwise and counterclockwise turns will be slightly different. Finally, set your Hip sensitivity as half way between the two values.

Next, ADS and work out the sensitivity that allows you to flick ~75 whilst doing so (this is my preferred arc when aiming down the sights).
Then adjust the delay time so that ADS transitioning feels smooth.

Finally, test your new setting against bots. In BO4, I add four recruit bots, disable Special abilities/equipment and scorestreaks and play with the ICR equipped with Grip I and II (eliminates inaccuracies caused by recoil), until I can get a nuke.

This method works consistently for me, especially with CoD (which is the game I used to play 95% of the time). Make sure you do the bot training session as well, as it's no good working out your perfect sensitivities if you can't snap on target and stay there, especially in BO4 when TTK is so long.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!